Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Albon proves what a great driver he is again. Awesome recovery. He was my star of the race with some awesome competitive overtakes and commanding pace through the midfield.
    Albon has 36 points, Verstappen 77. Albon hasn't managed to get a podium in a car that has winning pace.

Albon only proves he is not fast enough for a top team. Even as a second driver, he has never been able to help verstappen. I wonder how long redbull will tolerate his lack of speed. I would not be suprised if he gets replaced by the end of the season.

Albon
    Softer balloon tyres seem to have shifted the advantage towards RedBull. The RBR car appears to be kinder to the higher pressure tyres, Mercedes seem to be scratching their heads on the higher pressures. Tyres still seem to be a moving target for most teams.
    I wonder if mercedes'es das system causes their tyre problems.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    Hmm.. Not a good job by Albon. I know Max is very talented but Albon needs to be qualifying in P5 and pushing those Mercs when they have problems.
    I think that is a fair expectation. But l also think RBR are focused on Verstapenn who is their number one driver. Drivers in Albon's position at Redbull have historically received a lesser service than the number one driver. This can be traced back to Webber and was evident with Ricciado. And frustrated Gasly who l think can be as quick as Verstapenn given the support. We are now seeing it with Albon.

Albon's plight cannot be solely attributed to Albon's abilities. I think he is better than we have seen in the previous three races. If we have to take everything into consideration, then we have to consider the level of support or quality of service he is receiving.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th August 2020 at 23:58.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

3. Likes: N. Jones (9th August 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Or , an alternative theory would be that the Hulk was worried about the vibrations he was feeling (which is what he said , by the way) , and Stroll wasn't .
    Thus , pitting Nico would ensure he would finish .

But , that's just crazy .
    Hi Baggie. I agree with your alternative theory. Lance with more time in the Racing Point would probably know how to preserve the life of the tyres of this season better. Hence, it is fair to say that Hulkenburg probably did not manage his tyres as well as Lance did.

That said, l did not see any evidence that he was struggling with tyres or had bad blisters. His pace seemed strong and matching that of Lance behind when he was called in for a change of tyres.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th August 2020 at 21:25.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    I wonder if mercedes'es das system causes their tyre problems.
    Now that is funny considering the main blisters afflicting both Mercedes were on their rear tyres. I wasn't aware the rear wheels had been DASSED as well.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th August 2020 at 21:23.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by N. Jones View Post
    I hope not as I don't think either of them are good enough for the seat. If it is true that Vettel is going to Aston Martin then I agree with planetf1.com and Perez should be signed with Red Bull.
    Perez in the Redbull would be very interesting, assuming he gets the same level of service that Versatpenn gets. He certainly would push the Verstapenn envelop like Ricciado did. But l doubt it would happen.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th August 2020 at 21:25.
    William Shakespeare

7. Likes: N. Jones (9th August 2020)
    Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Now that is funny considering the main blisters afflicting both Mercedes were on their rear tyres. I wasn't aware the rear wheels had been DASSED as well.
    Their rears blistered a bit, but that didn't slowed them down. The real problem seemed to be the wear of the left front. If they showed the stats, you could see the fronts at 10%, while the rears were at 30%.

The punctures last week were also at the front.

Their rears blistered a bit, but that didn't slowed them down. The real problem seemed to be the wear of the left front. If they showed the stats, you could see the fronts at 10%, while the rears were at 30%.

The punctures last week were also at the front.
    The left front was due to the characteristics of the track and nothing to do with DAS. Sainz had front left tyre failure at the last race also and as far as l know, Mclaren do not have a DAS system on their cars.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    I think my review of Albon needs a review. I'm re-watching the race and forgotten that he was the first to stop at lap seven. I think he finishes P5 and if so he does deserve accolades.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I wonder how long redbull will tolerate his lack of speed. I would not be suprised if he gets replaced by the end of the season.
    I think it's pretty clear that Albon (and Gasly, and Kvyat) are not top team quality. For how long will they hang around? The Red Bull teams haven't hired anyone who isn't a graduate of their own junior program for more than a decade. Therefore, I think it depends on who Red Bull has right now in the pipeline of its junior racing program. I don't follow F2/F3, so I can't comment. All of these drivers I mentioned were RedBull's second choice. This team really wanted to retain Ricciardo. He made a bad decision to leave RBR.
    Last edited by zako85; 10th August 2020 at 13:00.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    I think it's pretty clear that Albon (and Gasly, and Kvyat) are not top team quality. For how long will they hang around? The Red Bull teams haven't hired anyone who isn't a graduate of their own junior program for more than a decade. Therefore, I think it depends on who Red Bull has right now in the pipeline of its junior racing program. I don't follow F2/F3, so I can't comment. All of these drivers I mentioned were RedBull's second choice. This team really wanted to retain Ricciardo. He made a bad decision to leave RBR.
    I would respectfully disagree. All 3 of those guys are worthy of top team seats. The problem is the RBR insane management style along with a myopic focus on verstappen only which means anyone coming in has to adapt to a car that is only setup for max and a team that treat the 2nd seat with disdain as soon as they think they have their “golden boy” add to that the insane and ridiculous pressure marko and Horner put on that driver and you have a toxic environment for anyone not named max (or vettel. And that’s why Mercedes keep winning the WCC. They provide 2 equal cars and an effort to allow each driver to flourish. They may get it wrong on strategy here and there but there is no questioning their driver philosophy in terms of giving each the space, tools and motivation they need to succeed

13. Likes: N. Jones (10th August 2020)