Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts

Silverstone - 70th Anniversary GP

Petronas Mercedes were in a class of their own last weekend on this track. Chances are they would still be untouchable this weekend. The talk this weekend shall be about tyres as F-Zero and F1 go racing with softer tyres than the ones that failed in the last race. Chance are there would be two or more stops this sunday as confidence for the Pirelli tyres drop to a low.

Perez has completed his quarantine and may join the grid this weekend. I would expect he walks around in a bubble of his own for a time. Shame Hulkenburg missed his chance to go racing in the Racing Point.

Bottas has to win this race to redress the points lost in the last race and put some distance between himself and Verstapenn. Racing Point need to find their form this weekend with Perez back to duties. Albon need a good weekend to kill the rot he has been in since Hungary.

Pirelli needs a drama free weekend as well, as tyre criticisms mount.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 7th August 2020 at 18:07.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

The Racing Point punishment does not make any sense at all. It just seem like they are being punished to satisfy Renault. The reasons given doesn't make sense either. Plus they are allowed to continue racing the parts in question as well. What is that about?

I can see why Toto thinks it is BS.
    William Shakespeare

Renault seem to be on a surge forward on performance. Alonso in that car would be great to watch if they can carry this progression through to 2021.
    William Shakespeare

What an effort by Hulkenburg! Bottas had the bit between his teeth this weekend. What a lap?

Redbull shown the hard reality of their situation. I bet they would be jumping up and down about the steward's decision about the racing point. Stroll was made to look ordinary by a very awesome drive by the Hulk. What a driver? He belongs on the grid l feel.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Well done Nico and Gasly. Good job by Bottas. Can’t complain about a p2 for Hamilton. Stroll getting exposed. Also I’m so not interested in the pathetic appeals from the teams against Racing point.even the ruling was stupid. I really do hate these shenanigans. Do they want to run with 18 cars?. It’s more hurt feelings than anything and it looks bad for the sport. Very pathetic imo

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What an effort by Hulkenburg! Bottas had the bit between his teeth this weekend. What a lap?

Redbull shown the hard reality of their situation. I bet they would be jumping up and down about the steward's decision about the racing point. Stroll was made to look ordinary by a very awesome drive by the Hulk. What a driver? He belongs on the grid l feel.
    Completely agree!
    Perez will regret going to Mexico unnecessarily
    Hulk probably secured a seat at Haas and Perez will join Sauber.
    Last edited by truefan72; 8th August 2020 at 15:25.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    I am very impressed with Hulk. He stepped up and did the business, smashing Stroll convincingly!
    May the forza be with you

8. Likes: truefan72 (8th August 2020)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Hats off to Bottas. After last week's nightmare, even as a Hammy fan, I think he deserved a break. But Lewis, win the race!

Mighty impressed by Hulkenberg. Never could understand why he didn't land at Haas this year - at the very least. Also impressed by Russell.

But on the downside, I feel sorry for both Raikkonen and Vettel. Kimi (IMO) should retire at he end of the season. Seeing a former WDC being the caboose of the field and being beaten by his half talented teammate is to much to bear. Vettel? I just don't know. I can only guess that he's demoralized and is struggling for motivation. Hopefully the Aston deal will work out and he can find himself again. As for Perez, hoping to see him at either Alfa Romeo or Haas (partnering Hulk would be just fine by me).
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

10. Likes: truefan72 (8th August 2020)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I'm not sure how to interpret Bottas' radio celebrations?

Considering how MB is slanted towards Hamilton, there seems no point in celebrating anything til he's won the race.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Looking forward here to the Hülk getting his first podium, only for the Tracing Points to be disqualified afterwards. Now wouldn't that be awesome.