Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Why would they take risk for 2022 ?

VB77 can be 2nd in every race if car is good enough (and win some when he has excellent day)

Why would they dump him ?
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    I think where Bottas ends up very much depends on Hamilton. A year long extension signals to me that they may want to switch Russell over to partner Hamilton on 2022. I think Russell has proven his worth in the heap he is driving and deserves a chance at Mercedes. So if Hamilton stays, Bottas will be replaced I’d imagine- tough one to read for certain though.

Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Hello, I'm new here. My take on this is two fold

1: I can understand why Toto did it, they want their #1 driver to win with the other driver not causing issues, and it works so why change it?

2: Personally I was disappointed when I heard this. I'll be honest here, I am finding F1 very boring and utterly predicable in this hybrid era, with nobody even close to Mercedes. I feel that F1 would be far less boring (for us non Merc fans) if they had two top drivers. ie: Lewis-Charles, Lewis-Max or yes even Lewis-Fernando. with two drivers battling for the wins and title, the season would be in my opinion infinitely less dull. I mean no offence to Lewis but you know if he's in the lead on lap 1 corner 1. The race for the win is 99% over.

I watched the 1988 season where McLaren won all but one race and it wasn't boring at all because Senna and Prost were battling each other. Lewis and Bottas is no challenge, not even 1%.

4. Likes: Bagwan (14th August 2020),Fortitude (7th January 2022),Storm (2nd September 2020),Tazio (14th August 2020)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF1 View Post
    Hello, I'm new here. My take on this is two fold

1: I can understand why Toto did it, they want their #1 driver to win with the other driver not causing issues, and it works so why change it?

2: Personally I was disappointed when I heard this. I'll be honest here, I am finding F1 very boring and utterly predicable in this hybrid era, with nobody even close to Mercedes. I feel that F1 would be far less boring (for us non Merc fans) if they had two top drivers. ie: Lewis-Charles, Lewis-Max or yes even Lewis-Fernando. with two drivers battling for the wins and title, the season would be in my opinion infinitely less dull. I mean no offence to Lewis but you know if he's in the lead on lap 1 corner 1. The race for the win is 99% over.

I watched the 1988 season where McLaren won all but one race and it wasn't boring at all because Senna and Prost were battling each other. Lewis and Bottas is no challenge, not even 1%.
    Can't argue with that , Steve .
    Welcome to the fray .

6. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022),SteveF1 (14th August 2020)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveF1 View Post

So if you were in charge of this Hamilton and/or Verstappen/Leclerc/Alonso super team, how would you deal with the construction and development of the car? Will you go down the road where it benefits one of the drivers, or will you compromise both by trying to get something suitable for both?

How will you deal with a scenario where in a series of races, one mostly benefits from pit strategies?

How do you watch the 88 season and be new to F1?

edit: Also, what would you do in your super team when the working relationship exposes a weakness of one or the other, and it shows up in the point total?
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 15th August 2020 at 23:39.

8. Likes: pantealex (16th August 2020)
    Liked 9 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post
    So if you were in charge of this Hamilton and/or Verstappen/Leclerc/Alonso super team, how would you deal with the construction and development of the car? Will you go down the road where it benefits one of the drivers, or will you compromise both by trying to get something suitable for both?

How will you deal with a scenario where in a series of races, one mostly benefits from pit strategies?

edit: Also, what would you do in your super team when the working relationship exposes a weakness of one or the other, and it shows up in the point total?
    I'm not a team boss and never will be but I would try to compromise and develop something they can both deal with. Maybe if, by mid season one would be miles ahead in the points I would perhaps focus the car towards their needs.

When I said I was new, I meant to this forum, not to F1. I have been watching F1 since the days of Jochen Rindt.

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I think he regrets his decision to re-sign now , because the black outfit is too hot .

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Baggie!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I think he regrets his decision to re-sign now , because the black outfit is too hot .
    Bottas is not going to live that one down for a while l think.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by journeyman racer View Post

Mercedes had that problem when Rosberg was in the team and they got the balance right. But there were noticeable occassions when aspects of the car favoured one driver over the other. But they were quick to redress the balance. Hence, l don't think this is an issue in Mercedes currently. And unlikely to be an issue in the futute if Toto is still at the helm.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

14. Likes: Fortitude (7th January 2022)