Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    So the mercedes are about 2 seconds per lap faster than the redbulls if they want to. 3 seconds per lap to the ferrari's.

Why are we even racing? Give them the tile right now and change the rules so that might have a real championship next year.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    What a way to finish the race. Jesus.

I'm super gutted for Sainz of all people because I don't think he's put a foot wrong in the entire season, but every single race so far there's been something outside his control hampering him. In Austria he got screwed by yellow flags in his first Q3 run, then in Styria McLaren botched his pitstop, in Hungary he lost a lot of positions on the pitstop as he couldn't get out of his stop with everyone coming in the pits at that time, and now this. He's truly his father's son.

Also, WTF Pirelli? It looks VERY wrong considering that next week we'll be racing here with softer compounds.

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    What a way to finish the race. Jesus.

I'm super gutted for Sainz of all people because I don't think he's put a foot wrong in the entire season, but every single race so far there's been something outside his control hampering him. In Austria he got screwed by yellow flags in his first Q3 run, then in Styria McLaren botched his pitstop, in Hungary he lost a lot of positions on the pitstop as he couldn't get out of his stop with everyone coming in the pits at that time, and now him. He's truly his father's son.

Also, WTF Pirelli? It looks VERY wrong considering that next week we'll be racing here with softer compounds.
    Tbh I don’t blame pirelli. I blame the teams for taking them right to the limit

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Tbh I don’t blame pirelli. I blame the teams for taking them right to the limit
    To be fair there's not much of a way for the teams to know where the limit was considering the limited amount of testing and the fact that testing was held on different temperatures.

Furthermore, it's Pirelli's job to make tires that slow down when they're shot, rather than delaminating at 300 km/h.

Once again Mercedes pitfall committee nearly cost Hamilton the win. For the life of me I don’t understand why Hamilton was not brought in after bettas failure and verstappen stop. It really is ridiculous how everyone except for the Mercedes strategy guys can see that Hamilton needed to come in. Smh

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Wow, what an exciting finish to a rather boring race. Red Bull must be kicking themselves for bringing Verstappen in after Bottas' tyre failure. And LeClerc once again, like in Austria 1, probably has no clue how in the world he ended up on that podium (although he was massively faster than Vettel, whose race pace was downright embarrassing).
    Racing Point are the biggest losers: From the pace they showed on Friday, you would have thought they'd be Mercedes' biggest challengers this week-end, yet in the end they ended up with only two points.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Something noteworthy - this was officially branded as the Formula 1 Pirelli British Grand Prix, which I believe is very appropriate given how it unfolded.
    Last edited by N4D13; 2nd August 2020 at 15:25. Reason: Grammar

8. Likes: gm99 (2nd August 2020)
    Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    For the life of me, I don't understand Hamilton's fanboys always having a go at Mercedes. If only the team could be made of Hamiltons. Imagine that, all the mechanics Hamiltons, all the engineer Hamiltons.. everyone Hamiltons. They would have won like 4-5 WDCs every year, not 1 every year, like some losers.

10. Likes: Bagwan (2nd August 2020),N4D13 (2nd August 2020)
    Albon did well to finish in p8
    Awesome p4 for Ricciardo and p6 for Ocon. Well done Renault.
    P5 for Norris as he continues to shine. Tough on Saint. Leclerc drove a quiet faultless race and kept his tires in good shape. Also great job by Gasly in p7. Impressive.
    I can’t believe I’m saying this but a disappointing p9 for stroll and racing point. They are literally giving potentially quality points away . Reminds me of 2009 Toyota who couldn’t capitalize on being the 2nd best car on the grid for most of the season.
    Vettel in p10 was a salvage job for a car that wasn’t right all weekend for whatever reason. Definitely getting the 2 nd car treatment like they did to kimi a few years ago. Sad really

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    For the life of me, I don't understand Hamilton's fanboys always having a go at Mercedes. If only the team could be made of Hamiltons. Imagine that, all the mechanics Hamiltons, all the engineer Hamiltons.. everyone Hamiltons. They would have won like 4-5 WDCs every year, not 1 every year, like some losers.
    For the life of me I don’t understand folks who label any criticism as fanboy behavior. I guess the entire skyF1 are fan boys then since they pointed that out. As are Motorsport and auto moto sport journalists who also mentioned that. Get a grip. At least have something constructive to say rather than being callous