Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    For the life of me, I don't understand Hamilton's fanboys always having a go at Mercedes. If only the team could be made of Hamiltons. Imagine that, all the mechanics Hamiltons, all the engineer Hamiltons.. everyone Hamiltons. They would have won like 4-5 WDCs every year, not 1 every year, like some losers.
    And Toto Wolf is on the official F1 post race interview with Buxton admitting that they should have brought Hamilton in. Oh well...haters gonna hate lol

Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    And Toto Wolf is on the official F1 post race interview with Buxton admitting that they should have brought Hamilton in. Oh well...haters gonna hate lol
    well yes and no.
    he had a 40 second lead, if they had told him to take it real easy he would have easily won with a 30 second lead without destroying the tyre.
    but indeed, they could have brought him in after max pitted, he would have easily won the race with a 15 second lead.

the only thing they should not have done is to just let him drive at the same pace, which is exactly what they have done.

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    For the life of me, I don't understand Hamilton's fanboys always having a go at Mercedes. If only the team could be made of Hamiltons. Imagine that, all the mechanics Hamiltons, all the engineer Hamiltons.. everyone Hamiltons. They would have won like 4-5 WDCs every year, not 1 every year, like some losers.
    Hey , didn't you just tell me you haven't watched any races ?
    How would you even know just how good he is ?

There now , way to go . You've started us arguing .

Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    And , just for the sake of starting an argument , has anyone got any criticism for the stewards allowing a team to let their driver pass the pit lane entrance with a tire very obviously delaminated , risking it thrashing it's own bodywork in the final turn on the last lap of the race ?

That might have been a real mess , with all kinds of potential controversy ensuing .

And , by the way , it wasn't just to start an argument , but something that ran through my head at the finish of the race .

Liked 1,121 Times in 600 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    And , just for the sake of starting an argument , has anyone got any criticism for the stewards allowing a team to let their driver pass the pit lane entrance with a tire very obviously delaminated , risking it thrashing it's own bodywork in the final turn on the last lap of the race ?

That might have been a real mess , with all kinds of potential controversy ensuing .

And , by the way , it wasn't just to start an argument , but something that ran through my head at the finish of the race .
    Leclerc got a 10 seconds penalty last year for not pitting Fast enough when his front wing was damaged.

But i don't feel it should be penalised here. He didn't do another racing lap with it, and coming into the pits could have created the same problems, possibly throwing off bodywork in there.

Liked 669 Times in 467 Posts

It seems to be a strange situation really. I think they would have probably called a penalty if he was limping it to the start with others passing or close behind, but as it was only Max was closing fast, and they could have easily tossed the yellow flag quickly as Hamilton was going slow. But then again, if he had caused a yellow due to tire debris, surely they would have imposed a penalty.

Up until that last lap... well it's a good think the midfield gave us some action. The Mercs had Max with nothing to do, and Max had Leclerc in the same situation. Thankfully from there back there was actually some close racing to be had, otherwise it would have been a complete bore-fest.

Seb was really lost today. I guess losing a ride can do that to you, but the Ferrari isn't THAT terrible.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Once again Mercedes pitfall committee nearly cost Hamilton the win. For the life of me I don’t understand why Hamilton was not brought in after bettas failure and verstappen stop. It really is ridiculous how everyone except for the Mercedes strategy guys can see that Hamilton needed to come in. Smh
    It was very high risk decision, l am sure butt holes were firmly shut, fingers and toes crossed as they watched that car limp to the finish line. What a desperate finish to the race. I was rooting for Verstapenn to win the race, but it did not happen. :-(
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd August 2020 at 07:33.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

8. Likes: truefan72 (3rd August 2020)
    Tbh I don’t blame pirelli. I blame the teams for taking them right to the limit
    I think Mercedes and Mclaren used the tyres within Pirelli's recommended limits of laps, considering the slow laps behind the safety car. How much the slow laps behind the safety car affected the life of the tires is not clear but Mercedes certainly expected it to last to the end of the race.

I personally did not think Mercedes should have pitted Hamilton. He had a descent gap to 2nd placed Verstapenn to cover all eventuality. A good 30 seconds if l recall. But a pitstop would have been the safest approach. Then again what a finale!
    William Shakespeare

10. Likes: truefan72 (3rd August 2020)

It was not a dangerous situation. Cars with punctures have typically been driven with just the carcass back to the pits to be replaced in the past without punishment, l don't see why there should be an issue with this instance.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    So the mercedes are about 2 seconds per lap faster than the redbulls if they want to. 3 seconds per lap to the ferrari's.

Why are we even racing? Give them the tile right now and change the rules so that might have a real championship next year.
    We can't blame Mercedes if their rivals have drop backwards in the development race. Redbull has noticeably slipped backwards in the last two races. Ferrari simply are not in it at all. Even the Pink Mercedes is faster than them at the moment.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 3rd August 2020 at 18:58.
    William Shakespeare