Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Yeah , pretty amazing , eh ?
    I didn't mention it because nobody would have believed I was serious about complimenting him .
    He broke his own record , and then broke his own record , and then broke his own record again .
    He's awfully hard on those statistics people .

Good thing he drives good .

He's gotta be the outright record holder for number of hairstyles , too (sorry , maybe a little jealous there - little hair , and same style since '74 ).

Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I haven't seen 1 minute of F1 this year so I can't say much about what happens but the peace and harmony in this thread just warms my heart. Nice to see you all getting along so well. Sorry to interrupt. Go on please.
    You should see us when we argue .

3. Likes: donKey jote (2nd August 2020),journeyman racer (2nd August 2020),N4D13 (2nd August 2020),pantealex (2nd August 2020)
    Liked 668 Times in 466 Posts
    Well at least there is an active thread about the qually today!

Overall no big surprises, and Merc continue to dominate. I'm not sure I can agree with Ferrari getting away with Leclerc's release, but they seem hit and miss on pit exits at times. Seb seems lost this weekend, and the Hulk is back in a seat in the pink Merc. We'll see what he can make of it. It's great to see Mclaren up near the front again, it's been way to long. And at the rate things are going, Albon might be the first involved in the next silly season. While comparison to Max is tough, I think there are drivers that could consistently put that car farther up on the grid.

And I think we should all perform a welfare check on Bagwan, as lockdowns have not been good to him. I'll bring the beer.

5. Likes: Jag_Warrior (3rd August 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Yeah , pretty amazing , eh ?
    I didn't mention it because nobody would have believed I was serious about complimenting him .
    He broke his own record , and then broke his own record , and then broke his own record again .
    He's awfully hard on those statistics people .

Good thing he drives good .

He's gotta be the outright record holder for number of hairstyles , too (sorry , maybe a little jealous there - little hair , and same style since '74 ).
    I think Stroll is doing Canada proud at the mo. Interesting to see him take on the mantle as the number one driver for racing Point this weekend. And he has stepped up with a good showing. Shame, Perez is down with COVID, l have a feeling that he may have pushed the team a little further up the grid with his feedback to the team. That said, Hulkenburg did a great job coming out of the cold to join a team he has not driven for in four years. Great effort!

Hamilton racks up the records and was simply the best after a small setback in Q2. Bottas has just seen what a mountain he has to climb to win a title with Hammy in the other car. It was quite surprising to see Redbull a full second behind the Mercedes of Hamilton. They are not real contenders this season, but l expect them to win a few races.

How Leclerc outshines Vettel most of this season! Just as Norris is equally thrashing Sainz. Maybe Ferrari hired the wrong Mclaren driver :-)

Albon is struggling, l think he is not getting the right level of support he needs. We saw this trait with Ricciado and Gasly before they departed the team. It is becoming increasingly apparent that Albon is getting lesser and lesser support with each race weekend.

Verstappen, what a star! The pesky dutchman just wrings out every gram of performance in that Redbull and somehow manages to put it ahead of the rest. I would give my left foot to see Verstappen in the Mercedes alongside Hamilton. What a cracking racing that would produce.

Well, Sunday is another day. Points are not awarded for qualifying positions, so bring on the race.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 2nd August 2020 at 10:15.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Good weekend for Hamilton so far. Pole for the British GP and Arsenal winning the FA Cup.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Pérez' car apparently came over all Pérez and got sick.

9. Likes: Jag_Warrior (3rd August 2020)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Hülkenberg won't be able to start the race due to technical problems with the Racing Point's power unit.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Freakin' Aldumb!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    It's somewhat frustrating to see Magnussen out in an accident that isn't his fault. That's a new one and I'm not sure how to deal with it.

13. Likes: gm99 (2nd August 2020)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Those clean-ups are taking forever today.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.