Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Why did Ferrari put leclerc on softs?

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Give the mercedes their trophy's already. They are more than a second faster than their closest rivals.

Also what stupidity did the RBR guys do prior to the start of the race by drying the track in front of Albon? Smh

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Verstapenn is the man of the race for me. What a recovery from a crash getting on the grid. Hamilton did a demonstration of how to win a race with absolute domination. I don't understand the stop for Bottas as he was so close to catching and overtaking Verstapenn. They stopped Bottas in anticipation that Verstapenn would stop, which turned out not to be the case. Which essentially cost Bottas 2nd place, l think.

Albon had a great recovery to 5th to show what a great driver he is. Both Ferrari's lapped by the Mercedes cars, goes to show what a loss of pace the change to the engine has resulted. Great showing by Stroll, he might be from money, but he genuinely has talent.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

5. Likes: truefan72 (19th July 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Verstapenn is the man of the race for me. What a recovery from a crash getting on the grid. Hamilton did a demonstration of how to win a race with absolute domination. I don't understand the stop for Bottas as he was so close to catching and overtaking Verstapenn. They stopped Bottas in anticipation that Verstapenn would stop, which turned out not to be the case. Which essentially cost Bottas 2nd place, l think.

Albon had a great recovery to 5th to show what a great driver he is. Both Ferrari's lapped by the Mercedes cars, goes to show what a loss of pace the change to the engine has resulted. Great showing by Stroll, he might be from money, but he genuinely has talent.
    Yeah slowly coming around to Stroll. Still have my doubts but glad he is proving me wrong.
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    So 9 laps into the race and the useless stewards have no decision on an easy bottas jump start, or Latino unsafe release but they can hand a ridiculous penalty to kimi?
    So the stewards seem to have decided that bottas can make jump starts without penalty.

Weird.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    So the stewards seem to have decided that bottas can make jump starts without penalty.

Weird.
    I agree, very weird. But l think they were reluctant to mess with the title fight between Hamiton and Bottas. I wonder if they would do the same thing if it was reverse?

To be fair, Bottas was punished enough by the consequential loss of places due to the false start.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Also what stupidity did the RBR guys do prior to the start of the race by drying the track in front of Albon? Smh
    The stewards have yet to make a decision on that one as well. It could be quite costly to Albon personally that hios teams had broken the rules. Martin Brundle thought a kinder pun ishment was a 10 second pernalty. Now race is over, the only available punishment is that they may be disqualified from the race. We watch this one with interest.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    And both Haas cars got a 10-second penalty for driver aids - the reason being that they were told to pit for slicks before the start of the race, which apparently constitutes a driving aid.

What a ridiculous ruling. I hope they change the rules to allow this in the future.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Even if you're inherently quicker than Hamilton. You pretty much hand the race to Hamilton when you flop the start. It those mistakes more costly than being outqualified by Hamilton all the time.