Page 132 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3282122130131132133134142 ... LastLast
Results 1,311 to 1,320 of 1441
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Like I said earlier.... why can’t they use a wheel and tyre from a teammate? Road section only.
    Same for all teams. Rally with more competitors in.
    It's complicated...first of all the team drivers should wait for each other and while doing so possibly get late from their next TC. Probably a technical delegate should be watching that they share only tyres and nothing else?

I don't like this idea.

Double punctures aren't so common that this will be a problem (hopefully Pirellis won't make this a more common issue...)

2. Likes: pantealex (24th January 2021)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Yes, he did ok/good. Especially compared to last year.

Looking only at Monza results it might look like a disappointment but on Monza non-circuit stages nobody had any experience, here others had lots + new car.

Still not liking the "pressure/hype" some people and sometimes seemingly also him is putting on himself. Imo it leads to "overpush" which seemed to be the case on at least 3 stages this weekend.
    Now I´m guessing: In the PS they let him go flat out. No limitation at all. Just let him get the feeling of trying hard. This time ended stuck in a snowbank. With spectators on site this maybe only would´ve gor 10-30 secs loss. So still learnt a lot even on PS.

Don´t think people setting more pressure on him than on Kalle a couple of years ago.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

4. Likes: AnttiL (24th January 2021),pantealex (24th January 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Like I said earlier.... why can’t they use a wheel and tyre from a teammate? Road section only.
    Because far majority of entrants are singe car teams. That would create uneven conditions.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

6. Likes: pantealex (24th January 2021)
    Liked 7 Times in 2 Posts
    I think there is at least 2 rules, 1 rule is that crews cannot not receive any parts from any one when they are out of service (to stop teams to apply spare parts and tires between services), and the other rule is that crew must return to service with as many tires as they leaved (one cannot just dump the wheels to save weight). And I think that crew has dedicated tires so one cannot mix between other crews tires (Im not sure is it so strick with rally, but example in F1 there are). (probably to stop team having a "spare" car witch would only drive saving tires/parts, and the giving those "new" tires to the top crew for the next stage).

8. Likes: dimviii (24th January 2021),Mirek (24th January 2021),pantealex (24th January 2021)
    Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    In my opinion this decicion is a complete overkill by FIA.

If a rallydriver punctures on a SS he/she can continue to the finish as fast as possible. Almost all makes it without going off the road, in almost full speed. This with the possibility of hurting the public there to watch the rally.

If the same crew have punctured the spare wheel before, they are out of the rally.
    They are not allowed to limp back to the depot, since then in much smaller speeds, it is seen as unsafe.

This is not logical for the best drivers in the world.
    How can this be fixed, so we dont loose drivers in a rally on a technicallity?

10. Likes: bisak (24th January 2021)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    I get all the above objections, but I just can't see past Tanak being able to stay in the event.

So what if privateers can't do it, right now the championship is desperate for as many works drivers as possible.

If they are heading back to service, is time really THAT tight so a team mate couldn't wait a few minutes for the driver?

It's OK saying it's not in the rules, but can't see how it could disadvantage the championship in any way whatsoever if they changed the rules to allow.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post

Don´t think people setting more pressure on him than on Kalle a couple of years ago.
    Yes about same "hype". It also got Kalle at one point IMO, when all he had to do was to collect the "obvious" WRC2 title and started off by crashing in first 3? rallies. He got back after, but things like that are not guaranteed.

Liked 168 Times in 128 Posts

It's OK saying it's not in the rules, but can't see how it could disadvantage the championship in any way whatsoever if they changed the rules to allow.
    Probably because lead drivers will stop taking second spare all the time, and that will make new mess to deal with.

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulland View Post
    In my opinion this decicion is a complete overkill by FIA.

If a rallydriver punctures on a SS he/she can continue to the finish as fast as possible. Almost all makes it without going off the road, in almost full speed. This with the possibility of hurting the public there to watch the rally.

If the same crew have punctured the spare wheel before, they are out of the rally.
    They are not allowed to limp back to the depot, since then in much smaller speeds, it is seen as unsafe.

This is not logical for the best drivers in the world.
    How can this be fixed, so we dont loose drivers in a rally on a technicallity?
    "Best drivers in the world" are not magicians. If a driver drives on one rim and there is some emergency...say schoolbus coming out of control and crossing to opposite side of the road will they be able to react as fast as a normal car with 4 tires? I doubt that.

What I don't doubt is how it would look for the broad public if a rally car on 3 tires is in any way involved in something like that.

15. Likes: AnttiL (24th January 2021),T16 (24th January 2021)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    "Best drivers in the world" are not magicians. If a driver drives on one rim and there is some emergency...say schoolbus coming out of control and crossing to opposite side of the road will they be able to react as fast as a normal car with 4 tires? I doubt that.

What I don't doubt is how it would look for the broad public if a rally car on 3 tires is in any way involved in something like that.
    The main issue is that driving on three wheels is simply illegal per traffic rules. The rally is not more than the law.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

17. Likes: AnttiL (24th January 2021),cali (24th January 2021),Got Mail (24th January 2021),pantealex (24th January 2021),petttu (24th January 2021),T16 (24th January 2021)