Page 142 of 145 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142143144 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,420 of 1441
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Tänak would have been out of the fight anyway with the punctures, which didn't have anything to do with the liaison rules. Most likely he wouldn't have made it to top ten. And like I suggested earlier, him continuing would have resulted in a "tyre-saving theatre" for Sunday morning. These things happen and it's a part of the sport, we just have to accept it.
    It would have been better with him in it still.

Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Tänak would have been out of the fight anyway with the punctures, which didn't have anything to do with the liaison rules. Most likely he wouldn't have made it to top ten. And like I suggested earlier, him continuing would have resulted in a "tyre-saving theatre" for Sunday morning. These things happen and it's a part of the sport, we just have to accept it.
    If you didn´t get it from the beginning; it´s not about Tanak. It´s about be attractive sport. Tanak was the driver who got it actualised.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts

[WRC] Rallye Monte Carlo 2021

Quote Originally Posted by Rallyper View Post
    If you didn´t get it from the beginning; it´s not about Tanak. It´s about be attractive sport. Tanak was the driver who got it actualised.
    Why do you keep repeating that? I was replying to T16 who mentioned Tänak

Besides, this is the Monte 2021 thread.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 27th January 2021 at 15:26.

Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    to me a sport is not very attractive if it is devoted to fans service.
    there are a lot of show just to cheer at heroes, monza show, rally legend, eiffel, goodwood, and so on. that's where you do everything to have driver in it at any cost, whitout any rules. not so attracting to me.
    sport is another thing.

5. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2021),cali (27th January 2021),Mirek (27th January 2021)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    to me a sport is not very attractive if it is devoted to fans service.
    there are a lot of show just to cheer at heroes, monza show, rally legend, eiffel, goodwood, and so on. that's where you do everything to have driver in it at any cost, whitout any rules. not so attracting to me.
    sport is another thing.
    Still out of bounds of discussion. Sorry.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    This problem with broken tyres just before liaison has happened many times in lower categories, no-one has ever asked rule change so don´t say "caseTänak" has nothing to do with it.

Also no-one was saying before Monte started that rules should change

Most of WRC events have max number of entries 60, again no-one has been against it but when Monte takes 60 (or 50 this time) for Sunday it´s suddenly big problem

So please complain about rules before not after something has happened.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

8. Likes: AnttiL (27th January 2021),cali (27th January 2021),jparker (2nd February 2021)
    Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Thinking the same thing myself. Surely, he can only dine out on 'I'm just having a laugh with my ratings / articles / opinions / general rally knowledge' before someone starts asking questions.

A forum member posted he thinks Clarke will be gone from Dirtfish before the year end... I wouldn't be surprised at all.
    I can’t say I’ve hung on his every word, or even paid that much attention to him over the years, but as a general impression I get the feeling that moving to DirtFish and the journalistic freedom that came with it, hasn’t improved his material!

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I can’t say I’ve hung on his every word, or even paid that much attention to him over the years, but as a general impression I get the feeling that moving to DirtFish and the journalistic freedom that came with it, hasn’t improved his material!
    As soon as he left working for the official channels he lost a huge amount of relevance.

His lack of real knowledge about the sport has never been plainer to see.

11. Likes: AndyRAC (27th January 2021),cali (27th January 2021),T16 (27th January 2021)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    Still out of bounds of discussion. Sorry.
    man, that's you: "If you didn´t get it from the beginning; it´s not about Tanak. It´s about be attractive sport. Tanak was the driver who got it actualised."
    just responded with what to me is attracting in sport. if it's out of bound, you did bring me there! : )

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

14. Likes: TWRC (28th January 2021)