Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Civid-19 impact in WRC

Hey Guys, I Hope that some can help me. I AM New to WRC. And I saw the monte Carlo race yesterday And I was wondering, how did covid - 19 impact WRC. Were there New rule changes, postponements, requirement etc. The only Thing I know is the the arctic race in. Finland, was supposed to be in Sweden.
    Hope someone hcan help 😀

Liked 379 Times in 176 Posts
    Like many sports, most changes were due to limits on spectators & travel. Also, the 2021 Calendar has been changed a lot to reduce rallies in the first half of the year (Northern Hemisphere winter/spring).
    "Racing is life. Anything before or after is just waiting." Steve McQueen

Liked 60 Times in 45 Posts
    When the event caterers were found to have altered their test dates..... looks like one guy has been grounded.

https://acm.mc/wp-content/uploads/20...Decision-3.pdf

Certainly does not inspire confidence that all the other events on the 2021 wrc will proceed as written on the calendar, without some alterations and adjustments. I hoped to see Monza back again.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    2020 had a whole bunch of events cancelled and new ones brought in as replacements (Rally Estonia and Rally Monza made it on the calendar). The rallies became shorter - the events that would normally start on Thursday with shakedown and super special and ending on Sunday, would cut off a whole day of driving and start on Friday instead, or just have less stage kilometres. The normal event length is 300-350 stage kilometres, the COVID-version seems to be 220-260 km

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Banning spectators has been the stronger Covid impact in Rally; events depending on tickets sale have little chances to go on and those supported by local partners are also in trouble, once public resources are needed in other fronts (not only the funds but also the people).

That's why RMC organizers and local authorities efforts should be praised; they've managed to run the rally without any incident, despite the extreme conditions imposed by the virus. Hats off also to the French fans, for having massively respected spectator ban.

For sure it's harder and more expensive than running a Rally on a circuit, but this year RMC has proved that the public road nature of this sport can be preserved, even at the middle of a pandemic. Well done!
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 1,878 Times in 734 Posts
    It didn't look very good when Todt has been visiting pretty much the whole service park when others are banned from even entering.
    Also this https://twitter.com/ACM_Media/status...937205252?s=20
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    It didn't look very good when Todt has been visiting pretty much the whole service park when others are banned from even entering.
    Royalty gets different treatment, always.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.