Page 135 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 1441
    Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    I agree with some of that, but not the bit about them having more punctures in the stages, in modern rallying the results are often decided by very small margins, and a puncture in stage is often the end of a chance to win/podium or whatever, so I think that they will wish to avoid that at all costs.
    My personal opinion, is that with these Pirelli tyres, we may (initially) see more punctures than we have been used to recently. Let’s be honest the Michelin’s of recent years have been amazing really given the hammering they got.
    You have seen it here. Everybody knew (and it was loudly discussed) that the new Pirelli tyres are more prone to punctures, yet still Tänak decided to gamble and took only one spare risking a retirement if things go wrong - and they did.

That is a sort of the transition pain. People keep having their mind set from the previous period and ignoring clearly visible warning signs. That's something natural to man kind but what applies as well, is that people always addapt quickly.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    You have seen it here. Everybody knew (and it was loudly discussed) that the new Pirelli tyres are more prone to punctures, yet still Tänak decided to gamble and took only one spare risking a retirement if things go wrong - and they did.

That is a sort of the transition pain. People keep having their mind set from the previous period and ignoring clearly visible warning signs. That's something natural to man kind but what applies as well, is that people always addapt quickly.
    I agree it was a bad decision , but for me the time loss in stage was enough of a punishment, not retirement from the whole event.

3. Likes: Rallyper (24th January 2021)
    Liked 1,883 Times in 736 Posts
    Did anyone get a puncture that was not with the winter tire?
    That was quite normal for Michelin also though
    "Die with memories, not with dreams" Scott McIsaac
    http://www.motorsportfilmer.net

5. Likes: cali (24th January 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaruNorway View Post
    Did anyone get a puncture that was not with the winter tire?
    That was quite normal for Michelin also though
    without have checked,this is my impression too.

A quick word on rallying in general and Hyundai's performance compared to Toyota?

“The Yaris were clearly faster. We tried everything, but except in a stage where I drove really well, they were always ahead. It was a tough weekend for Hyundai. We were never really in. We are therefore not very happy and we will have to try to understand why during the debriefing with the team. "

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/...ad5844d1ac4ceb

Liked 11,149 Times in 4,425 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    A quick word on rallying in general and Hyundai's performance compared to Toyota?

“The Yaris were clearly faster. We tried everything, but except in a stage where I drove really well, they were always ahead. It was a tough weekend for Hyundai. We were never really in. We are therefore not very happy and we will have to try to understand why during the debriefing with the team. "

https://www.dhnet.be/sports/moteurs/...ad5844d1ac4ceb
    There was a huge difference in the cars even for an eye of the TV spectator and I am sure you saw that too. The Toyotas were like go karts while the Hyundais were very stable and clean but also somewhat clumsy. They almost looked like having 200 kg more.

To be honest Hyundais looked like I expected the current WRC generation to look on asphalt when they were first introduced - strong and powerful but dull. Toyota is something different - for me as a amateur I would not expected a car looking so wild and playful to be faster...
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Sordo - so and so, but it isnt his favourite event so i think did well.

Greensmith, Katsuta, Loubet - couple of good stage times from Loubet, also some splits from Katsuta were good i remember on some of the stages but they all are still learning and have a lot to learn.
    Sordo had a few very good stage times, twice second and twice third. But sometimes he was just off the pace, with no relation to the conditions. Sordo was also told to back off once Tänak retired.

Katsuta was also once fourth and twice fifth, but was often on Greensmith pace level and made a few small mistakes.

Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    There was a huge difference in the cars even for an eye of the TV spectator and I am sure you saw that too. The Toyotas were like go karts while the Hyundais were very stable and clean but also somewhat clumsy. They almost looked like having 200 kg more.

To be honest Hyundais looked like I expected the current WRC generation to look on asphalt when they were first introduced - strong and powerful but dull. Toyota is something different - for me as a amateur I would not expected a car looking so wild and playful to be faster...
    On this I do agree with you, the Toyota is a very impressive piece of kit.
    Difficult to describe, but I can say like this, the others look designed to the regulations, the Toyota looks designed to take advantage of the regulations..

Liked 1,594 Times in 724 Posts
    We have vegans who need to state everywhere that they are vegans.
    We have no Sanders (meme) sitting in every picture.
    .. and now we have Mirek who need to write often "but Tänak made wrong tyre choice!"

get over it, Tänak rerired, rally is over, life goes on. Breath.