Page 53 of 145 FirstFirst ... 343515253545563103 ... LastLast
    Liked 559 Times in 242 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    The Krono Xsara was a better car than the 307 though. His absolute top results in 05 came in Cyprus or Acropolis (one of those abrasive, rallies) and the Australia where all top guys retired, Duval won and Rovanperä in the Lancer was 2nd. In 07 Stohl was back to that pace again.
    If you look at Wilson and Greensmith, the results are quite similar, 7th, 8th, 9th, random 5th and so on.

Obviously the huge difference is that Wilson was just an added driver who didn't really take the seat from anyone at all. A bit like Katsuta in the 4th Toyota.

Anyway, my point was, that while the quality overall is a bit "meh" in 2021. It's not that much different from some of the late-mid 00's.
    Was it better for Manfred though? He loves swinging the car around, and the oversteery 307 matched that style exactly, and was a match for the works cars during almost the entire season. I think he struggled for pace much more with the Xsara, especially in 2007, when he crashed a lot (Catalunya, Finland comes to my mind instantly).

Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    Msport can be as furious as they like with Suninen, but he's actually just shown the car (with a few updates) can still be on the top pace. And this is far from Suninen's ideal conditions.

If Msport want to get money from Mikkelsen or any other driver later in the season, drivers like that would rather see fast pace/ good stage times than a pair of Msport cars losing 30-40secs each stage.

Mikkelsen has openly admitted he has budget this season, and that's reflected in him doing WRC and ERC, so I can imagine he was wary about putting money into Msport just to drive an old car that isn't competitive.

Suninen driving the wheels off the car in the events he does this season, will be better for them than Greensmith crawling through stages (and still crashing anyway).

Better yet they could just let Lappi or Mikkelsen (even Paddon) drive some events for free. There's been rumours they've started pricing out even the drivers who have a lot of budget, due to their excessive demands.

I'm started to wonder if Malcolm has lost his love/appetite for the sport, or those titles won with Ogier were enough for him ( and now it's purely about money/profit only, instead of even trying to win). If Greensmith wasn't putting in millions, would Msport even be here this season?

3. Likes: AnttiL (21st January 2021),Lead (22nd January 2021),Rallyper (22nd January 2021),T16 (21st January 2021),Winner (22nd January 2021)
    Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    That's quite the impressive read in to 19km of stage where he's clearly proven he was over-driving the car....

Liked 16,090 Times in 6,982 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lnvs View Post
    5th gear corner and downshifted 4th just before first impact. His car is number 3.
    ypu are right

Liked 1,463 Times in 836 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Myrvold View Post
    The Krono Xsara was a better car than the 307 though. His absolute top results in 05 came in Cyprus or Acropolis (one of those abrasive, rallies) and the Australia where all top guys retired, Duval won and Rovanperä in the Lancer was 2nd. In 07 Stohl was back to that pace again.
    If you look at Wilson and Greensmith, the results are quite similar, 7th, 8th, 9th, random 5th and so on.

Obviously the huge difference is that Wilson was just an added driver who didn't really take the seat from anyone at all. A bit like Katsuta in the 4th Toyota.

Anyway, my point was, that while the quality overall is a bit "meh" in 2021. It's not that much different from some of the late-mid 00's.
    Well it's difficult when the championship only runs 2 & a half manufacturers, the FIA should really get a move on...but I wouldn't trust they'd make the right decisions as they have up to this point.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

Liked 2,121 Times in 918 Posts
    stop talking about Paddon.. he has been away years (last WRC start 2018 Aussie). He is there and will stay there (NZ).
    And secondly I would bet money on Tänak or Ogier being regularly in Top3 with Fiesta (without mistakes or faults obviously).

8. Likes: cali (21st January 2021),Kaps (21st January 2021),T16 (21st January 2021),Tauri_J (21st January 2021),Winner (22nd January 2021)
    rigostyle video
    https://youtu.be/vqPiiq_ltiU

Oliver Solberg
    @OliverSolberg01
    ·
    SS2 went much better - 3rd fastest R5 car!

Taking no risks at all, but the i20 R5 felt really good on that one and happy with the time while driving sensibly!
    Last edited by dimviii; 21st January 2021 at 16:42.

lol
    Gerard Quinn
    @WRCgerardquinn

On a more positive note that Ford "oval" survived the impact with a tree and remained adhered to the rear door. Impressive adhesive!!
    #RallyeMonteCarlo

11. Likes: the sniper (21st January 2021)
    seems Neuville is not happy with the change.

Thierry Neuville
    @thierryneuville

After Day 1
    It went quite well! We miss a little bit of communication and the sound is not optimum in the intercom. We will improve that. @MWydaeghe
    has been doing a really good job and we went through the day with a good rhythm but without taking risks.

Liked 11,150 Times in 4,426 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    lol
    Gerard Quinn
    @WRCgerardquinn

On a more positive note that Ford "oval" survived the impact with a tree and remained adhered to the rear door. Impressive adhesive!!
    #RallyeMonteCarlo
    Several years ago my colleague had a bad accident on German motorway. When they brough the wreck of his car (Octavia III) back, they found a BMW "propeller" stuck in the rear door of the Octavia
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

14. Likes: dimviii (21st January 2021),the sniper (21st January 2021)