Page 138 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3888128136137138139140 ... LastLast
Results 1,371 to 1,380 of 1441
    Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    So my question is - is it legal to drive on 3 wheels or not? Simple answer yes or no.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Of course it is not legal. Also, is it legal to drive a car with a roll-cage, a car with high emmissions, a car without MOT tyres, a car with racing seat belts? Simple answer, yes or no?

In my country all the above are illegal. So, let's do rallying without roll-cages, with low emmissions, only with MOT tyres and with MOT approved seat belts. Agree?

EDIT. Has anyone of you driven on FIA tarmac tyres with heavy rain on a liaison section? I have done it and I can assure you it is safer to drive with three DOT tyres and one rim. Should we ban FIA tyres and use only with DOT?

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    Of course it is not legal. Also, is it legal to drive a car with a roll-cage, a car with high emmissions, a car without MOT tyres, a car with racing seat belts? Simple answer, yes or no?

In my country all the above are illegal. So, let's do rallying without roll-cages, with low emmissions, only with MOT tyres and with MOT approved seat belts. Agree?
    Still somehow police stops only cars with 3 wheels. In Estonia rally cars have special plates and are road legal, but driving on 3 wheels is not legal.

So, rally cars - OK (if they meet the tech standards and have passed inspection) ; driving with 3 wheels or less - not OK (for a reason, technically not in a condition).
    Or are you implying that now all of a sudden driving on 3 wheels is road legal because we have fewer starters in wrc?

Last edited by cali; 24th January 2021 at 22:40.

Liked 195 Times in 62 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    Still somehow police stops only cars with 3 wheels. In Estonia rally cars have special plates and are road legal, but driving on 3 wheels is not legal.

So, rally cars - OK; driving with 3 wheels or less - not OK (for a reason).
    Or are you implying that now all of a sudden driving on 3 wheels is road legal because we have fewer starters in wrc?

I am only saying what I said regarding the hypocricy of the whole matter and what I said about taking into consideration the essence of the sport in every "keeping up with formalities". No implication is made because of fewer starters. Just these two things.

P.S. Honestly, I prefer to drive on a rim than driving in heavy rain on FIA tarmac tyres. The experience is still making me feel terror. So, does this mean that we should use only DOT tyres? Of course not.

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    Ogier - officially now the Master or King of Monaco, and what a way to show it with the performance like this. There is no other driver in the series at the moment who is mastering those changeable and hard conditions like he does, showed it also in Monza a month ago, he is a step above other with this.

Evans - solid and good second place with good pace. Minded his own business basically the whole rally which was right thing to do.

Neuville - second most impressive performance this week for me. To come Monte with a new co-driver and bring home third place and a couple of stage wins, especially on the stages which maybe were the most tricky ones, impressive.

Rovanperä - also very good performance IMO, had some troubles but good pace and VERY good pace on some of the stages, like power stage for example.

Sordo - so and so, but it isnt his favourite event so i think did well.

Greensmith, Katsuta, Loubet - couple of good stage times from Loubet, also some splits from Katsuta were good i remember on some of the stages but they all are still learning and have a lot to learn.

Tänak - started off very well, Friday was also quite good but also weird, weird in the sense that he was fastest or one of the fastest on every stage until mid stage and then dropped massively time compared to others on the second half of the stages. Silly mistake again on the recce this year and very silly mistake/decision with the one spare only.
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    I'd say Katsuta is a step above the two others. Katsuta has shown glimpses of real speed in Monza and now here. Greensmith has never shown any pace and Loubet's good stage times this weekend were affected by his good starting position.

I agree with AnttiL, Katsuta did very good tbh and above all had quite consistent performance. Loubet had good stage times only when with road advantage and else he was terrible, usually behind 3-4 Rally2 cars on the stages. Hyundai (especially the older one) is a weird car though, and again as mention he has a hybrid spec never run by the team before (at least in aero).

Sordo was kinda mediocre, specially compared with Monza. Also said he wanted to fight for win before start...

Rovanpera I dunno, was expecting a bit more consistency. Almost seemed he had more consistency last year here, this year it was a bit up and down.

Tanak extremely up and down, tricky Hyundai setup?

Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Btw. O. Solbegs stuck on the side of the road is shown on Gryazins onboard at 4:15 and it's really weird place tbh.
    Doesn't look very slippery there at all and doesn't look like a hard corner, must have somehow lost it on braking with massive push.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    You sound like a school teacher talking to a naughty pupil.
    Not really bothered if it’s happened in the past or not.
    So you are just making up a huge issue out of something which happens extremely rarely, but needs to be rectified. I just don't understand this. I would understand it even better if you demanded the extra tyre van for every stage end.

7. Likes: cali (25th January 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by scn View Post
    I am only saying what I said regarding the hypocricy of the whole matter and what I said about taking into consideration the essence of the sport in every "keeping up with formalities". No implication is made because of fewer starters. Just these two things.
    Like I said, FIA can release the rule of banning three-wheeling on roads, but they cannot tell every police officer in every country that rallies are hosted in.

Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    So you are just making up a huge issue out of something which happens extremely rarely, but needs to be rectified. I just don't understand this. I would understand it even better if you demanded the extra tyre van for every stage end.
    A huge issue?? What on earth are you talking about? Explain how I have made it a huge issue.
    I suggested it and debated it after a few picked some potential holes in it.
    Huge issue... give your head a shake.

Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    A huge issue?? What on earth are you talking about? Explain how I have made it a huge issue.
    I suggested it and debated it after a few picked some potential holes in it.
    Huge issue... give your head a shake.
    Not just you T16 but all the people who are debating here for adding spare tires at the end of the stage, it's gone for pages so it must be a huge issue

I would understand it better if we would see retirements because of this issue every third rally or something. Now it's apparently the first time it happens in 10 years and according to many users on this forum, it instantly needs a big change to the overall rules of rallying.

11. Likes: cali (25th January 2021)
    Liked 2,241 Times in 1,199 Posts
    Great videos and nice to see more of the field. World Rally Cars actually don’t look that fast in these very tricky conditions, those park-bench rear wings don’t do much at these low speeds!