Page 31 of 145 FirstFirst ... 2129303132334181131 ... LastLast
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Speaking of nasty crashes; who remembers Roman Kresta's crash in the Octavia where it ended up with two wheels hanging in mid-air over a big drop? I just saw a social media post about it and I believe it to be on this year's route (SS11/13).
    Absolutely correct, great find! Although it's SS12/14.
    Last edited by AnttiL; 20th January 2021 at 15:00.

2. Likes: Mirek (20th January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (20th January 2021),the sniper (20th January 2021)
    Liked 15 Times in 4 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    Speaking of nasty crashes; who remembers Roman Kresta's crash in the Octavia where it ended up with two wheels hanging in mid-air over a big drop? I just saw a social media post about it and I believe it to be on this year's route (SS11/13).
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PUJGwfZ7UXc

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i have to say i liked it a lot more on the pics, doesnt seem that good at all in "real life"

but ill make my final judgement this sunday
    It is important with symmetry in rally liveries. Better for the eye!

Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    but will the snow stay? i remember someone here wrote last week it will be rain and + degrees from today onwards.
    Very warm today (+10°) and heavy wind and rain = snow melting verry rapidly. I am located a bit further up north but I assume all snow will be gone from the roads. Pitty, as more snow is forecasted for week-end .. when the cars will be further south !

6. Likes: AnttiL (20th January 2021),cali (20th January 2021),dimviii (20th January 2021),EstWRC (20th January 2021)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

8. Likes: bisak (21st January 2021),Eli (21st January 2021),EstWRC (20th January 2021),pantealex (21st January 2021),steve.mandzij (21st January 2021)
    The air of nothing, Renaud Jamoul, son of the former organizer of the Rallye du Condroz, will start this Thursday alongside French hopeful Adrien Fourmaux his 221st rally, his 72nd in the World and his 9th Monte-Carlo! Unknown to the general public, this passionate 36-year-old Hutois has spent most of his career outside Belgium, with foreign pilots. He has done quite well as he now finds himself in the right seat of new official prospect M-Sport. We took some notes with this co-pilot who has no tongue in his pocket. Renaud, introduce us to your pilot, the Frenchman Adrien Fourmaux. "It is a hope that came from the youth rally training and supported by the French federation. He did four years of medicine before entering rallying. He is a hard worker who learns very quickly since he only competed in around forty rallies before landing a Ford factory steering wheel for the whole of the 2021 season. During my first rally alongside him here he Two years ago, we finished tenth in Monte and second in WRC2. "What is the goal this season? “Learn about the five rallies where he will take Teemu Suninen's place in the factory Fiesta WRC and play the title over the seven WRC2 rounds on our program. »And on this Monte-Carlo? “Trying to win the category. I'm happy that we don't have to start here in WRC1 because the challenge would have been too hard. We know the Fiesta Rally2 well and we will try to compete with the big favorite Andreas Mikkelsen, but also Eric Camilli, the winner of last year. Oliver Solberg will also be a client but he has decided not to nominate this event and therefore will not score points for the championship here. "Is this edition going to be complicated? “Yes, very for four reasons. First, because of the curfew, we will have to get up at 3:30 in the morning to leave at 5 in the first night stages Friday and Saturday. Then because, because of the camera, there will be no spectators to get you back on the road if you are stuck in a wall of snow. Then, because there will be mixed conditions with snowy stages and others dry, which will make the tire choices difficult. Finally, because we have to use new Pirellis whose spikes tend to tear off quite quickly on dry asphalt, which could be a problem. »Can you be considered a professional co-pilot? " Yes and no. Let's say I've been a semi-pro for ten years. I get paid, but not enough to live on it. So I have to do odd jobs on the side the rest of the time. I aspire to be able to devote myself 100% to my co-pilot activity. This would allow me, for example, to better prepare myself physically because here I do not have the size of the Copi Pro. I must weigh at least 15 kilos more than jockey Martijn Wydaeghe. But hey, I reassure myself that another well-known teammate weighing the same as me has been a nine-time world champion! »What do you think of the Neuville-Gilsoul divorce? “I was surprised at the timing. That it fell so late, after the tests, the official photos. It’s unfortunate, but the drivers usually have a pretty strong character and want everything for themselves. I know that Nico's relationship with Thierry has not always been easy. With age, maybe Nicolas just couldn't take it anymore, so they didn't find common ground. To form a good crew, to sometimes live two weeks together in two square meters, you need good cohesion and respect. If I don't have the feeling, I'm not going to risk my skin over a guy who doesn't give a damn about me. We have already said with Thierry (Neuville) that we would probably never ride together because I also have a strong character, beliefs. When it's black, it's black. I will never say amen thinking otherwise. How did they get there? “It is clear that Thierry finds himself in an unnecessarily delicate situation. Today, with only two passes, the role of the co-driver is even more important than 20 or 30 years ago. All these discussions, tensions or arguments over money would not take place if, as at Citroën at the time, the team members were paid directly by the manufacturer and not by the driver himself. Do you think the replacement, Martijn Wydaeghe, will 'do the job'?
    “Honestly, I sent him a message to wish him good luck because it is going to be very hard. But he couldn't refuse. You shouldn't blame the guy. Any Belgian co-driver would have accepted. Me including if I had been on my couch. We must try it. Such an opportunity cannot be refused. Who else could take his place in case that doesn't work? "No one in Belgium anyway because there aren't really any good co-drivers anymore. They are not well trained in the Belgian championship because of illegal recognition. Belgian drivers are used to "filing", they no longer need a good team-mate because they know everything by heart. So they'd rather take a paid co-pilot that is budget-friendly rather than a competent guy. Perhaps we should consider creating a co-pilot school. It is no coincidence that Cédric Cherain called on Stéphane Prévot for his World Cup debut this weekend. Because here no way to cheat in recognition. It's two passages, period. "

https://rallyeactionsblog.wordpress....KLTVc351Jsmm1c

Liked 1,472 Times in 572 Posts
    First day as an ice note crew today for me. Things changed a bit as due to curfew rules, non priority INC’s cannot start their day before 6am.
    I will be posting updates about conditions on the stages on Facebook. Just search for Benoit Verlinde Rallydriver. Info about the first stage on Friday and Saturday will maybe be less accurate, but I will try my best
    As for today, both stages should be damp with possibly light rain. No snow or ice expected.

11. Likes: AnttiL (21st January 2021),cali (21st January 2021),dimviii (21st January 2021),Eli (21st January 2021),er88 (21st January 2021),EstWRC (21st January 2021),hsmed (21st January 2021),Lead (21st January 2021),pantealex (21st January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (21st January 2021),Rallyper (21st January 2021),wyler (21st January 2021)
    After two years absent from the Monte Carlo Rally, Dani Sordo returns to a test in which he has already been on the podium three times. He arrives with fond memories of his grand finale to the season in 2020, which he won in Sardinia and secured the brands title to Hyundai with his podium at Monza.

-How do you face his return to Monte Carlo?

- The objective is the same as always: to try to be as high as possible in this rally, which is very difficult, and that this year we will have difficult conditions, although they say that it will rain and the temperatures will rise. It's a test that I've been good at in the past, but it's also very easy to make a mistake. It is not a rally just to run, since you have to be very aware of the conditions of the ground, the ice, and the 'ovreur' have a very important job. There are many things, not just driving.

- What is your memory of this rally?

- Well, we started precisely in the section where I left the last time I ran. It's going to be like starting where we left off in 2018. But I think the first day I can do a good rally because the stages are good. The second there are already areas of snow and others of dry. It's complicated because you have to fit tires to go through the snow and then suffer in the dry.

- Objective?

- The objective is to try to fight for victory. It is clear. Here all the rivals are important, and anyone can win, because many factors influence and it is very easy to make a mistake. The word is not lottery, but it is clear that at any moment you can go out in an ice area that you have not registered, and it's over, or raise more than necessary and lose a lot of time. Anything can happen.

- Will this rally be emotional for being the last with Carlos del Barrio?

- It will be one more rally. We have already had many and he is going to do other things, but we will continue to see each other because it was not a breakup, but something that we decided by mutual agreement. Monte Carlo is always emotional in any case. With Borja Rozada we have already started to work, we did a test and now we will have enough time to live together and adapt. This would not have been the best rally to start with because it is very complicated, but he has come to familiarize himself with the whole team and gain experience.

- Forecast for the 2021 World Cup?

- I think it will be a bit like last year. Ogier, Evans, Tanak and Neuville are going to have a great title fight. What happens is that the situation is bad and you have to adapt to the circumstances. Unfortunately, everything points to one more rally falling off the calendar. But it's a shame. Here I have done nothing but go from the hotel to the training car and from there back to the hotel. I have not even been able to go out to do a little sport, and I am sick of dining in the room alone. I have come to think of bringing a motorhome to have dinner and those things that now cannot be done. The truth is that it is strange, because I do not stop traveling, and I am not contagious. It is true that I respect all the rules, but I am not obsessive either. Of course, it is strange to see that there are no fans in the rally.
    https://as.com/motor/2021/01/20/mas_...o_rsoc=comp_tw

3 drivers,3 different oil companies

14. Likes: pantealex (21st January 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Gus's car has Castrol stickers though

BTW M-Sport has this year colored stripes on the car to recognize drivers. Suninen's color is green and Greensmith's color is purple