Page 110 of 145 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 1441
    Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts
    about the used/new snow tyres with spikes
    ------------------------------------------------------------

Evans explained: “There was obviously the discussion whether to take two new tires on the basis that you would think sometimes that a new tire should be better because the stud is more solid, and in some instances that can give you more grip.

“But [I’m] not sure it was the right call.

“I think what tends to happen is when the tires become used obviously the stud protrudes out of the tire a bit more and that can give you grip so it’s a difficult call and obviously with so little experience with the tire it’s hard to know what’s best.”

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-c...oth-regretted/

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Look, I don’t think we should return to the days of flying service and all that, cars are generally much more reliable and that would be a retrograde step.
    But for the singular reason that it is illegal to drive the liaison with no tyre on a wheel, I think an effort could be made to provide a joker wheel/tyre once in an event after only the last stage of a leg or loop, to keep cars in rallies. It’s not a mechanical thing, it’s a legality thing in that the car could complete the road section as did Tanak today, but it was deemed that he shouldn’t have.
    As a spectator it really pisses me off that one of the guys we are here to watch, won’t be on the stages tomorrow for such a shitty reason.
    I accept not everyone will think the same as me, but I want to see as many good cars as often as possible....and from a competitive stand point that car will have been penalised on the SS anyway.
    See, please. The liaison is part of the rally route just like the stages are. It's not something like cruising around boxes on circuit. The liaison is part of the competition and as such it has its competitive rules - you have to follow given route, be at exact time in time controls and do that with the same car with which you started from the last service. Without that it's not rally anymore.
    Last edited by Mirek; 23rd January 2021 at 18:14.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

3. Likes: AnttiL (23rd January 2021),cali (23rd January 2021),Kaps (23rd January 2021),pantealex (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    How about to aknowledge that it's up to the competitors to finish the event?
    Feels like people are so used to have the option to 'restart' when something goes bad.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

5. Likes: AnttiL (23rd January 2021),cali (23rd January 2021),Kaps (23rd January 2021),pantealex (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TypeR View Post
    FIA/WRC should delete that stupid Monte exception rule or whatever it is, that retiring on Saturday means no re-start on Sunday.
    FIA/WRC should delete that stupid super-rally rule. Rallying is as much about speed as it is about finishing the event (=surviving the road).

7. Likes: m-ast (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 12,210 Times in 5,242 Posts
    but why though Monte has this rule?

there is no other rally with such a rule, i mean when you retire on saturday you cant continue on sunday
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 16,095 Times in 6,984 Posts

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    See, please. The liaison is part of the rally route just like the stages are. It's not something like cruising around boxes on circuit. The liaison is part of the competition and as such it has its competitive rules - you have to follow given route, be at exact time in time controls and do that with the same car with which you started from the last service. Without that it's not rally anymore.
    I completely accept your opinion, my opinion is different.

Liked 11,152 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    but why though Monte has this rule?

there is no other rally with such a rule, i mean when you retire on saturday you cant continue on sunday
    I believe it is due to the available space in the Monte Carlo harbour (number of Sunday competitors was limited even in IRC times when there was no superally but many more competitors than now). The principality is a small and packed place. For sure no other event than RMC could ask for that but as we have seen in the past Monte Carlo outside of WRC is too dangerous for WRC popularity so it's worth to let them some freedom.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Wrong link?

13. Likes: EstWRC (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I believe it is due to the available space in the Monte Carlo harbour (number of Sunday competitors was limited even in IRC times when there was no superally but many more competitors than now). The principality is a small and packed place. For sure no other event than RMC could ask for that but as we have seen in the past Monte Carlo outside of WRC is too dangerous for WRC popularity so it's worth to let them some freedom.
    Would there also be schedule difficulties because there's no overnight service? The car would have to be towed from the stage to Gap (obviously not in Tänak's case), fixed in Gap and then moved to Monaco parc ferme in time? Not sure, just guessing...

15. Likes: pantealex (23rd January 2021)