Page 109 of 145 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 1441
    Liked 23 Times in 13 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Who prevented Tänak to take second spare tyre like Ogier did?
    No one
    We are not talking about giving Tanak an optimal time as if the stage has been cancelled for him and remaining at the same position.
    We are talking about allowing him to continue providing the spectators with action, with all the time loss of having a flat, which is the whole goal of the sport.

2. Likes: Morte66 (23rd January 2021),Rallyper (24th January 2021)
    Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    they could allow flying service again. a small van that follows the cars and waits at the finish of every stage.

that would solve most of the current problems.

4. Likes: meh (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 747 Times in 381 Posts
    They should allow team mates to share tyres for road to service sections if required.
    As someone said above, there are far too few cars anyway.
    Wouldn’t harm anyone, the sport is better for it, with more top drivers still in contention and no road laws get broken.

Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bisak View Post
    No one
    We are not talking about giving Tanak an optimal time as if the stage has been cancelled for him and remaining at the same position.
    We are talking about allowing him to continue providing the spectators with action, with all the time loss of having a flat, which is the whole goal of the sport.
    It was Tänak who took the risk of being retired if he don't have tyres left to do the liaison. It was him who decided that 20 kg advantage over Toyotas is worth the risk of taking zero points from Monte.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    they could allow flying service again. a small van that follows the cars and waits at the finish of every stage.

that would solve most of the current problems.
    That would only create heaps of new problems. Those cars would have to get there somehow and to be parked somewhere. Especially in Monte Carlo this is nonsense. Just remember where Ogier was changing wheel today behind the stop control - he nearly blocked the liaison by one parked car.
    Last edited by Mirek; 23rd January 2021 at 17:40.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: AnttiL (23rd January 2021),cali (23rd January 2021),Jeppe (23rd January 2021),pantealex (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 1,621 Times in 737 Posts
    Breath guys.

Some are talking about Tänak's decision/situation, others about in general rules - try to match your arguments on topic

9. Likes: cali (23rd January 2021),Morte66 (23rd January 2021),Rallyper (24th January 2021)
    Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    It was Tänak who took the risk of being retired if he don't have tyres left to do the liaison. It was him who decided that 20 kg advantage over Toyotas is worth the risk of taking zero points from
    That would only create heaps of new problems. Those cars would have to get there somehow and to be parked somewhere. Especially in Monte Carlo this is nonsense. Just remember where Ogier was changing wheel today behind the stop control - he nearly blocked the liaison by one parked car.
    Monte.

Look everyone knows the rules as they stand, my point is that it is stupid for a car to have to retire or superrally literally for the sake of a tyre to drive the liaison at the end of a loop/leg. We don’t need loads of vans, just one van with one tyre/wheel for each competitor at the end of the last stage of leg/loop. They can use it only once in the rally, and then it’s gone, and can only be used to drive that one liaison.
    I think for everyone but hardliners who think out is out, this would be beneficial.
    Of course people will say what about a radiator or whatever, but we are talking about a wheel/tyre not a service van. This issue is easily fixed and for tiny cost, keeps cars in rallies and would be better for WRC TV/promoter/spectators/competitors....

11. Likes: Morte66 (23rd January 2021),Rallyper (24th January 2021)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    As an estonian... I have to agree with guys like Mirek, AnttiL and br21. You have to comply within the rules. Rules are for a reason. Tänak took only 1 spare and with that they took a gamble which didn't pay off. They were only competitive on Thursday when they ran one spare wheel less. With 2 wheels I think they would've been nowhere close to Evans and Ogier (and probably Rovanperä). That's life and on to the next one. I see no reason to complain and yes, it's a pity that as a fan I don't see one of the best drivers out there but it is what it is.

Sent from my GM1913 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by cali; 23rd January 2021 at 18:02.

13. Likes: AnttiL (23rd January 2021),dimviii (23rd January 2021),Mirek (23rd January 2021),NoFear85 (23rd January 2021),pantealex (23rd January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (24th January 2021),Winner (25th January 2021)
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Monte.

Look everyone knows the rules as they stand, my point is that it is stupid for a car to have to retire or superrally literally for the sake of a tyre to drive the liaison at the end of a loop/leg. We don’t need loads of vans, just one van with one tyre/wheel for each competitor at the end of the last stage of leg/loop. They can use it only once in the rally, and then it’s gone, and can only be used to drive that one liaison.
    I think for everyone but hardliners who think out is out, this would be beneficial.
    Of course people will say what about a radiator or whatever, but we are talking about a wheel/tyre not a service van. This issue is easily fixed and for tiny cost, keeps cars in rallies and would be better for WRC TV/promoter/spectators/competitors....
    See the answer of Br21. It's the same like giving them fuel if they run out of it, spare radiator if they pierce it or whatever else. If you start doing things like that you will end with flying service (which is impossible in 21st century for many reasons). That is not a solution for anything. How about to aknowledge that it's up to the competitors to finish the event?
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

15. Likes: AnttiL (23rd January 2021),cali (23rd January 2021),Kaps (23rd January 2021),pantealex (23rd January 2021)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    just one van with one tyre/wheel for each competitor at the end of the last stage of leg/loop.
    How often has this double puncture thing happened at the end of a loop? When Mikkelsen had a double puncture in Australia 2017 it was before a super special. Same for Meeke in Portugal 2018.

Liked 713 Times in 337 Posts
    See the answer of Br21. It's the same like giving them fuel if they run out of it, spare radiator if they pierce it or whatever else. If you start doing things like that you will end with flying service (which is impossible in 21st century for many reasons). That is not a solution for anything. How about to aknowledge that it's up to the competitors to finish the event?
    Look, I don’t think we should return to the days of flying service and all that, cars are generally much more reliable and that would be a retrograde step.
    But for the singular reason that it is illegal to drive the liaison with no tyre on a wheel, I think an effort could be made to provide a joker wheel/tyre once in an event after only the last stage of a leg or loop, to keep cars in rallies. It’s not a mechanical thing, it’s a legality thing in that the car could complete the road section as did Tanak today, but it was deemed that he shouldn’t have.
    As a spectator it really pisses me off that one of the guys we are here to watch, won’t be on the stages tomorrow for such a shitty reason.
    I accept not everyone will think the same as me, but I want to see as many good cars as often as possible....and from a competitive stand point that car will have been penalised on the SS anyway.