Page 139 of 145 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 1441
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Great videos and nice to see more of the field. World Rally Cars actually don’t look that fast in these very tricky conditions, those park-bench rear wings don’t do much at these low speeds!
    The aeros don't really do anything until you're on 5-6th gears.

Did you notice how few technical retirements there were in Monte? In fact, none for the P1, P2 or P3 competitors.

In addition to this, Ogier had some brake trouble, Tänak some small issues here and there, but no one had anything major.

Liked 707 Times in 334 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Did you notice how few technical retirements there were in Monte? In fact, none for the P1, P2 or P3 competitors.

In addition to this, Ogier had some brake trouble, Tänak some small issues here and there, but no one had anything major.
    I hadn’t specifically noticed, but that is an impressive stat. But then if you look across all motorsport categories these days the reliability of the vehicles is pretty amazing compared to the past...

Not just you T16 but all the people who are debating here for adding spare tires at the end of the stage, it's gone for pages so it must be a huge issue

I would understand it better if we would see retirements because of this issue every third rally or something. Now it's apparently the first time it happens in 10 years and according to many users on this forum, it instantly needs a big change to the overall rules of rallying.
    Look, I was just reacting to the fact the rally lost a top competitor for what I believe is nonsensical reason in my opinion. If there was a way to fix that in the future for very little overall cost, then why wouldn’t they?
    I’m pretty sure the promoter and WRC AllLive were disappointed at the very least one the star attractions was gone, despite having a 100% mechanically sound car, that was able to continue.
    I’m not really interested whether it has happened before or not, it’s happened now and it’s a debate as to whether it should happen again or not. In the days of chase cars and mobile service vans this wasn’t a consideration.
    Over the years rallying has changed beyond recognition really, other than the roads that are used, it’s all different.
    For me, I have never given a toss about anything that doesn’t happen on the stages, couldn’t care less. All this time penalties for being early/late, rubbish...I thought that 40 years ago, and I think it now. To me the rally is about what happens against the clock in a stage.
    There is no better spectacle in my mind than watching a WRC car in full attack over a special stage, on either tarmac, snow or gravel, and I want to see as much of it as possible.
    I fully understand if others think differently, but that is what I think.

5. Likes: Jakem (25th January 2021),JTGANG (25th January 2021),Rallyper (25th January 2021),T16 (25th January 2021)
    Liked 2,836 Times in 1,610 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doubled1978 View Post
    Look, I was just reacting to the fact the rally lost a top competitor for what I believe is nonsensical reason in my opinion. If there was a way to fix that in the future for very little overall cost, then why wouldn’t they?
    I’m pretty sure the promoter and WRC AllLive were disappointed at the very least one the star attractions was gone, despite having a 100% mechanically sound car, that was able to continue.
    I’m not really interested whether it has happened before or not, it’s happened now and it’s a debate as to whether it should happen again or not. In the days of chase cars and mobile service vans this wasn’t a consideration.
    Over the years rallying has changed beyond recognition really, other than the roads that are used, it’s all different.
    For me, I have never given a toss about anything that doesn’t happen on the stages, couldn’t care less. All this time penalties for being early/late, rubbish...I thought that 40 years ago, and I think it now. To me the rally is about what happens against the clock in a stage.
    There is no better spectacle in my mind than watching a WRC car in full attack over a special stage, on either tarmac, snow or gravel, and I want to see as much of it as possible.
    +10
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 3,791 Times in 1,979 Posts
    "Nonsensical reason", ok Neuville should have driven on 3 wheels in Estonia right, no issues at all... just a wheel missing.

"Disappointed that a star was gone" ....ehh there is superrally for that reason, Monte one day with their special rules is one single day in the year..... hardly a big issue. Btw. why didn't you cry in 2019 when Mikkelsen's car could easily have been fixed after breaking a wheel from 3rd place?

This multi-page spam is just irritating and off topic here.

8. Likes: AnttiL (25th January 2021),cali (25th January 2021),Essaj (25th January 2021),pantealex (25th January 2021)
    When rallying started there were no special stages, or maybe just a handful of them and other driving tests in addition to long liaisons. If the road sections and road penalties would be taken away, the last original part of rallying would be lost, and therefore it would literally be changed beyond recognition.

10. Likes: Hartusvuori (25th January 2021),pantealex (25th January 2021),Rally Hokkaido (26th January 2021)
    Liked 2,115 Times in 914 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    "Nonsensical reason", ok Neuville should have driven on 3 wheels in Estonia right, no issues at all... just a wheel missing.

"Disappointed that a star was gone" ....ehh there is superrally for that reason, Monte one day with their special rules is one single day in the year..... hardly a big issue. Btw. why didn't you cry in 2019 when Mikkelsen's car could easily have been fixed after breaking a wheel from 3rd place?

Not anymore about Tänak's DSQ/retirement, but don't go that silly..
    Neuville's and Mikkelsen's car were missing basically the whole rear corner.

12. Likes: steve.mandzij (26th January 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post

Where did I mention it was a good idea for anyone to drive on three wheels? And I have more going on my life than to try and recall every incident in the history of WRC.
    You are allowed an opinion, and so am I, they don’t have to be the same. But don’t start with the aggressive, infantile comments like ‘why didn’t I cry in 2019’, simply say, I don’t agree with you. Grow up.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (25th January 2021),EstWRC (25th January 2021),Rallyper (25th January 2021)
    When rallying started there were no special stages, or maybe just a handful of them and other driving tests in addition to long liaisons. If the road sections and road penalties would be taken away, the last original part of rallying would be lost, and therefore it would literally be changed beyond recognition.
    Yes it would I agree. I guess where we disagree is whether that actually matters or not..