Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I'm sorry, but I have to chuckle. My area is experiencing a major uptick in Covid infections since students returned to the area - including restaurants. So I'm not going out to eat anymore. We went out to lunch yesterday and four punks made a scene because they wanted to fly their "freedom to infect" flag and enter without masks. I didn't want to make my girlfriend uncomfortable or make the situation worse, so I just stared them down as they walked past. None of the little twerps would look up. Weasels! Knuckle-dragging breeders and weasels! So when I see stories like this, I cheer. Send 'em back home and keep their money. And that's right kiddo... this disciplinary action goes on your academic record. Suuurprise! Good!

The Ohio State University suspends 228 students for violating pandemic precautions even before classes begin
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    . We went out to lunch yesterday and four punks made a scene because they wanted to fly their "freedom to infect" flag and enter without masks.
    What's the point of wearing a mask when you enter a restaurant? You'll remove it anyway when you eat and drink.
    Our restaurants were closed all the time and will open next Monday under the pressure of those who work in this industry.
    And on Sunday I'll risk another 3 hours trip by train.

Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    What's the point of wearing a mask when you enter a restaurant? You'll remove it anyway when you eat and drink.
    Our restaurants were closed all the time and will open next Monday under the pressure of those who work in this industry.
    Those are just the regulations in my state. We're in Phase 3 (one step from the end) of the reopening where I live. In Phase 1, our restaurants were closed too. Where my uncle lives (same state, different area), seated dining is still prohibited. There, you can only go into a restaurant or diner and get take-out food. Some chains have elected not to allow seated dining, no matter what. McDonald's and most of the fast food chains statewide aren't allowing seated dining, no matter what the local regulations allow.

As for the mask requirement when entering or leaving restaurants, I guess they don't want people walking by (and breathing on) other people without masks on their way to and from their table.

All of the servers and other employees have to wear their masks at all times, unless they go outside to take a break.

What I detested about those young punks is there were a lot of older people (wearing their masks, as any reasonable adult would do in these times) dining there yesterday. And it's the younger people who are mostly responsible for spreading the virus here. And I'm sure these idiots were too dumb to know that wearing the mask protects others from getting it from them - not protecting them from getting it.

I just read that the police broke up ANOTHER college party. Once these kids realize that they're still going to pay the tuition bill, even though their dumb butts are sitting at home for the next two semesters, maybe they'll learn. I hope that I wasn't THAT stupid when I was 18 or 19... but yeah, I probably was. But they say that a hard head makes for a soft @$$, so there ya go.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Admin
    Liked 125 Times in 92 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    The usual rule is wearing when not sat at the table, which is what I stick to.
    Please 'like' our facebook page http://www.facebook.com/motorsportforums

Sorry to hear about the lockdowns that are hitting the UK and Europe again. Stay safe, folks.

As the U.S. approaches a quarter million dead Americans and the world approaches one and a quarter million dead, hopefully we can do a better job of looking out for each other and not just thinking about ourselves. Also, let's hope for one or more (effective) vaccines and better therapeutics very shortly.

Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Here in sunny Scotland I always wear a mask when I go out in public out of respect for others.
    I've met a lot of people who do not because they either dont believe its real or dont really care about others.. and also some really stupid ones who think its Chinese bio warfare, a global reset for the New world order by the illuminati or a Mark of the beast, RFID chipping conspiracy by Bill Gates. :/ Yep, seriously!

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Here in sunny Scotland I always wear a mask when I go out in public out of respect for others.
    I've met a lot of people who do not because they either dont believe its real or dont really care about others.. and also some really stupid ones who think its Chinese bio warfare, a global reset for the New world order by the illuminati or a Mark of the beast, RFID chipping conspiracy by Bill Gates. :/ Yep, seriously!
    Thanks for that. My perspective is limited to what I see here. I thought that the U.S. had most of the world's "covidiots". Good (and bad) that we aren't the only ones who are plagued by these people.

Where I live, we had been doing OK up til a few weeks ago. Now our hospital systems are being overrun with cases and intensive care units are around 97% capacity... non-emergency surgeries have been canceled. And yet, we have uneducated people, who have bought into backward conspiracy theories (prompted by our "great" President), who claim that "it ain't nuffin' to worry 'bout." And since it's largely asymptomatic people who are key in spreading this disease, these chimps, Kens and Karens squeal like stuck pigs about their "freedumbs" as they infect the rest of us.

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    Jag Warrior,

Hard to disagree with that. Here in VA we have a governor who is a doctor, and that has certainly helped with shutting things down when appropriate. Overall we are doing better than most states in the US, but we still have our share of Kens and Karens. The way I see it, if nothing else a mask is a sign of respect for others and easy to do. It might only help a small percentage of people, but it's not much to ask.

As for freedoms, I'm all for them and rights to them, but we have to draw a line where our freedoms impose on others. It seems that our society forgets that frequently these days. People assume that freedom of speech implies that it's ok to scream that speech in someone else's face when not provoked. I see a similar trend on mask wearing. Early on during this mess, I witnessed a situation where some local Kens decided to go troll/shame those wearing masks in a local store. They had really upset a women with the comments, but thankfully a service vet that heard the exchange straightened things out some. He snatched one of the Kens up by the collar, and made it clear he would apologize before leaving. This was only after reminding the chumps that he was a multiple tour combat veteran, and that he wouldn't tolerate them questioning the choices of others.

As an interesting side note, I shoot frequently at a large indoor range near me. Despite the stereotypes of the redneck crew gun owners, it's probably the place with the strictest mask enforcement of all places I've been in this area. Everyone has a mask, and anyone attempting to enter is quickly reminded to turn around and get one.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    So, have any of you got vaccinated?
    Absurdistan has already opened the 3rd stage of vaccination meaning that general population could register.
    I registered for Pfizer and I'm on the waiting list of a medical center. There are about 5000 people on that list. I could get it faster with an Astra-Zeneca vaccine option but I'm reticent.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Not yet, but can’t wait to get any of them, straight away. If I could get AZ now or Biontech in a week I’d still take AZ without any doubts whatsoever.
    United in diversity !!!