Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    I don't like the look of that - be careful.

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Damn, Gadji, please take care!
    United in diversity !!!

Liked 140 Times in 81 Posts
    Indoors, yes. People in restaurants don't, obviously, but I avoid them, get take-out or eat at an outdoor area.

The New York Times had an article on Romania. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/w...e-refusal.html

I was in school in the early 90s and many of the professors (and just about all of the graduate students that actually taught classes) were fresh from Eastern Germany, Poland, Bulgaria and the former Jugoslavia. They all had an sense of pessimism and exhaustion that was so at odds with the positive outlook that we had in the United States following the end of the Cold War, even compared to some of my older US teachers that had spent time in Eastern Europe during and after the war. I remember Romania's power structure hanging on after removing and placing all blame on the Ceausescus.

Thirty years makes a big difference, but too many old cynicisms from failings starting around 1848 still seem to linger. For better or worse I graduated when a history degree was less valuable than knowing how to use a computer so many of these theories are unrefined and by now out of date.
    Last edited by Gregor-y; 10th November 2021 at 16:18.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    Cases are very low except for occasional localized outbreaks - mostly in meat-processing plants, “seasonal farm work settings“, or private parties - and under control.
    omegle
    Last edited by Ayushwati; 14th December 2021 at 10:25.

Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gregor-y View Post

The New York Times had an article on Romania. https://www.nytimes.com/2021/11/08/w...e-refusal.html
    It has nothing to do with the communist past and I know what 'm saying as I lived those times. But when a country is called Absurdistan it's obviously inhabited by absurd people.