Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadjo_dilo View Post
    So, have any of you got vaccinated?
    Absurdistan has already opened the 3rd stage of vaccination meaning that general population could register.
    I registered for Pfizer and I'm on the waiting list of a medical center. There are about 5000 people on that list. I could get it faster with an Astra-Zeneca vaccine option but I'm reticent.
    I got my second Pfizer dose two weeks ago today. I'm very happy and thankful about that. But I got news on Monday that my 82 year old uncle tested positive and was showing symptoms. I pray for his recovery.

I wish all of you the very best in getting the vaccine as soon as it's available to you.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    I had my first jab (A-Z) in February. The second dose is booked for the first week in May. UK Government policy is to have 11 to 12 weeks between vaccinations to accellerate the numbers having at least one dose. Over 32 million have had one dose and another almost 7 1/2 million have had their second, so 61% of over 18 year olds have had at least one vaccination, 14% have had two.

Liked 642 Times in 508 Posts
    I got my first shot at the Kaiser facility in Chula Vista (Moderna O.5mil LOT#036A21A EXP: 8/26/2021) on 17 March (no reaction). I get my second 16 April 7:40am at the La Mesa Facility
    May the forza be with you

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    Not yet, but can’t wait to get any of them, straight away. If I could get AZ now or Biontech in a week I’d still take AZ without any doubts whatsoever.
    They released AZ for anyone who wants it (and can find a doctor to give it) in Germany now, since so many even in the >60 age group prefer to wait for “the proper one”.
    My daughter got her first shot AZ today, I’m getting mine on Wednesday :yay:
    United in diversity !!!

5. Likes: gadjo_dilo (14th May 2021)
    Liked 387 Times in 327 Posts
    On Monday I'll get my second shot of Pfizer and I'm pretty nervous about that cos after the first one I felt a bit awkward.

Right now all the 3 types of vaccines are available for anyone. In the big cities we had even weekend vaccine marathons where people are vaccinated without being previously scheduled.
    And beginning with today masks are no more mandatory in open spaces.

7. Likes: donKey jote (19th May 2021)
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I hope that your shot went well, Gadjo. I also got the Pfizer awhile back. Other than my arm being a bit sore for about 24 hours after the second shot, I didn’t have any side effects.

I’m working to stop mocking and making fun of the anti-vaxxer and Covid denier crowd. But some of them say such stupid things and do such illogical things that it’s like shooting fish in a barrel. The latest is a woman I know who is in her 60s. Considering her age and the fact that she’s obese, you’d think she’d be more aware of how catching Covid might affect her. But no. She recently made the statement that she trusted her body’s immune system and she trusted her DNA (I don’t even know what that means). She has absolutely NO scientific background. So she doesn’t trust any of the vaccines (which is fine) but she has a huge supply of “essential oils” that boggles the mind. These are overpriced liquids, which have not been tested, there’s no label which explains how or where they were produced and the so called “health benefits” are questionable at best. But this is what this chubby old woman is relying on… along with her DNA and her immune system (which I suppose she’s had discussions with).

I recently lost another acquaintance to Covid. And I don’t want to see anyone get sick or die. But ya know, some of these people are daring to be Darwin Award winners as they stumble through life. As long as they don’t get me or mine sick, I’m content to live and let live… or die, as the case may be.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

9. Likes: donKey jote (19th May 2021)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I hope that your shot went well, Gadjo. I also got the Pfizer awhile back. Other than my arm being a bit sore for about 24 hours after the second shot, I didn’t have any side effects.
    Matter of fact I don't feel well. I have fever, headache, chills and cold feet and I couldn't sleep all night. I understand these may be common things and I hope that tomorrow I'd be fine.

Regarding that woman, she can't beat a lady from my neighborhood which I know as a terrible bigot. She told me that she doesn't need a vaccine or mask cos she drinks ""holy" water from the church and eats holy pieces of bread.

Liked 311 Times in 168 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    a huge supply of “essential oils”
    But they're natural plant extracts so they must be good for you, you know like curare & ricin . . . . . .

Gadjo - hope you're feeling better. I've had both doses of the A-Z vaccine and had a bad headache & chills after the first but much less symptoms after the second, which is normal for the A-Z shot.

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I still wear mask even others don't want to. It's better to be safe than sorry. I came from a family that does not have the strong immune system to fight it all. I always have hand sanitizer and alcohol with me at all times.