Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 20
  1. #1
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seville
    Posts
    1,557
    Like
    279
    Liked 202 Times in 147 Posts

    Vettel to Aston Martin?

    Autosport is running the story that Vettel is considering an offer from Aston Martin to race for them in 2021. I'm not going to lie - it looks like a very logical move from both parties. It definitely makes more sense than Alonso to Renault anyway.

    The interesting thing is that according to what they're saying, it looks like it could be Pérez who gets the boot rather than Stroll. Now wouldn't that be ironic.

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    J y v ä s k y l ä
    Posts
    3,163
    Like
    13,601
    Liked 1,672 Times in 818 Posts
    N4D13 Father Stroll is one of teams owners...
    Money talks like always
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

  3. #3
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Seville
    Posts
    1,557
    Like
    279
    Liked 202 Times in 147 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    N4D13 Father Stroll is one of teams owners...
    Money talks like always
    Indeed, which is why I specifically mentioned Pérez losing his seat rather than Stroll. Gerhard Berger has mentioned that he seems to have a soft contract which allows the team to get rid of him easily. It would be really sad to lose him after his very good start to 2020, but well, it's understandable if Vettel is on the market and Lance is going to remain on the team because daddy.

    The good thing is that if Pérez loses his seat at Aston Martin, you could imagine that he'd at least land on his feet and get a seat at Haas, as he'd make for a very solid replacement of Grosjean.

  4. Likes: pantealex (15th July 2020),Tazio (16th July 2020)
  5. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Posts
    2,549
    Like
    53
    Liked 378 Times in 288 Posts
    How far Vettel has fallen.

    Seriously though, I think he should take next year out. He is better than he has shown over the last 3 seasons. He needs a timeout to reenergise - recharge the batteries.

    Alpha Romeo could be another option should Kimi retire.

  6. #5
    Senior Member Jag_Warrior's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2000
    Posts
    8,397
    Like
    123
    Liked 162 Times in 126 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    The good thing is that if Pérez loses his seat at Aston Martin, you could imagine that he'd at least land on his feet and get a seat at Haas, as he'd make for a very solid replacement of Grosjean.
    A rumor making the rounds has Perez retaining the Aston seat and Sonny Boy being sent off to Haas with a fat check in his pocket. Vettel and Perez in a pink (soon to be green?) Merc, and Stroll moving Grosjean out and into FE or go karts or working at McDonalds. I actually see young Stroll as a step up from Grosjean... at the very least, he doesn't whine and snivel as much as Romain.

    I like that rumor.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

  7. Likes: N4D13 (17th July 2020)
  8. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,145
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    A rumor making the rounds has Perez retaining the Aston seat and Sonny Boy being sent off to Haas with a fat check in his pocket. Vettel and Perez in a pink (soon to be green?) Merc, and Stroll moving Grosjean out and into FE or go karts or working at McDonalds. I actually see young Stroll as a step up from Grosjean... at the very least, he doesn't whine and snivel as much as Romain.

    I like that rumor.
    Common sense would dictate that is what they should do. But l have a feeling Lance is safe in his seat. Perez out of contract poses a problem for most drivers. I could see him forcing a change at Haas or Alfa Romeo. It even puts Alonso under slight pressure at Renault.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 22nd July 2020 at 18:14.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  9. #7
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,145
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    How far Vettel has fallen.

    Seriously though, I think he should take next year out. He is better than he has shown over the last 3 seasons. He needs a timeout to reenergise - recharge the batteries.

    Alpha Romeo could be another option should Kimi retire.
    It all about timing. Vettel is on the market at the wrong time, hence must settle for second best for the time being. That said, Aston Martin may be front line car in 2021 with Vettel in it. The team would be under pressure to provide Vettel with a race winning car of lose him at the first opportunity that presents itself to Vettel. I think Astom Martin makes sense for Vettel at the moment. It would be an environment that would allow him to regroup and relaunch himself in the future.

    It it might not be such a setback in the end.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  10. #8
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2001
    Posts
    7,834
    Like
    80
    Liked 466 Times in 368 Posts
    JV is suggesting that seat beside Max .

  11. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Location
    Greenwich, London UK
    Posts
    2,145
    Like
    1
    Liked 509 Times in 406 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    JV is suggesting that seat beside Max .
    Ain't gonna happen. Redbull don't want him back.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

  12. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    1,488
    Like
    196
    Liked 119 Times in 93 Posts
    With Bottas' Mercedes contract now renewed until the end of the 2021 season, Aston Martin might well be Vettel's last chance of a drive (unless Red Bull give Albon the boot, but would he really want to be team-mate to Verstappen?)
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •