Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I'd love to see it.

I can see Alfa improving. I can see Williams improving. But I can't see Haas improving - and that pains me, as I've cheered for them from the beginning. They seem to have bought into the definition of insanity: doing the same thing tomorrow that didn't work yesterday, yet expecting better results. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see them keep Grosjean and Magnussen for another season or three.

I don't dislike them as people (since I don't know them), but thank goodness the Grosjean/Magnussen insanity is over. If Haas is going to have Mazepin in one of the seats (likely), then I don't expect a performance gain next season, unless Daddy Rubles can inject enough cash to make up for his kid's lack of talent.

Good luck to young Schumacher though. Too bad Ferrari didn't push for him to take Giovinazzi's Alfa seat, and send him over to Haas. Under Kimi, I think Mick could develop as a more complete driver. Paired with Mazepin, what could he possibly learn??? Ferrari has a weird way of doing things, IMO.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 178 Times in 77 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I don't dislike them as people (since I don't know them), but thank goodness the Grosjean/Magnussen insanity is over. If Haas is going to have Mazepin in one of the seats (likely), then I don't expect a performance gain next season, unless Daddy Rubles can inject enough cash to make up for his kid's lack of talent.

Good luck to young Schumacher though. Too bad Ferrari didn't push for him to take Giovinazzi's Alfa seat, and send him over to Haas. Under Kimi, I think Mick could develop as a more complete driver. Paired with Mazepin, what could he possibly learn??? Ferrari has a weird way of doing things, IMO.
    A Mazepin / Schumacher pairing is byfar the weakest of all F1 team. Coupled with a poor car (not likely to improver next year)), it is recipie for dead last place - hands down.
    As much as Magnussen / Grosjean were kept for too long (new blood may have turned things a bit), they are both good drivers (Grosjean) and excellent racers (Magnussen) - Underrated lateely because of a marginal car, but put any of them in a midfield car and they would do pretty good.
    Apart from Gene willing to sell and the sale being already agreed, I on't see the point. Going backwards can only plummet the value of the team...

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    It's sounding like Magnussen may find his way over to the Indy Car Series next season. If so, he'll have a much better chance of showing his racing prowess because it's a less car dependent championship.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith