Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 1,067 Times in 598 Posts
    Magical qualifying. Great drives by a lot of people. I am very surprised with Renault and Ferrari, for very different reasons of course!
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Since I was skeptical, I stand corrected. This is what Toto Wolff had to say about Lewis' lap:

Very rarely do you see performances that are just not from this world. When you look at the onboard of his lap, he was balancing the car on the edge, aquaplaning, throttle control was incredible.

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Since it's never happened before, it'll be interesting to see how drivers adjust to the same track when they're given another opportunity at the same track.

You'd presume the RB will last longer than last week. So with the MB and Verstappen effectively being in the same position as last week, it'll be interesting to note how much he could influence the outcome of the race.

Hamilton and Bottas have swapped positions from last week. Hamilton got himself in a position to threaten to win the race. You'd presume he's going to take the early lead of the race, so then it's up to Bottas to see if he can put similar pressure Hamilton did last week.

F1 will use remote-controlled trollies to deliver trophies to the drivers on the podium.

Oh boy. Oh boy.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    Fettel!! Sorrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrry!
    May the forza be with you

6. Likes: truefan72 (12th July 2020)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Ferrari donkeys of the week-end!
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

8. Likes: airshifter (12th July 2020),donKey jote (12th July 2020),Mia 01 (14th July 2020),truefan72 (12th July 2020)
    I was thinking that this was an uncharacteristic mistake from Leclerc, but if memory serves me well, he's actually had a few during his Ferrari tenure. There's no question that he's mighty fast and a likeable character, but he's not bulletproof. Hopefully he'll become more consistent and able to match Hamilton and Verstappen.

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Brilliant race by Perez so far. Albon on the other side is rather disappointing today, he can't match his team-mate's pace at all.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Beautiful win by Hamilton - boring race, admittedly, but this is what you get when the fastest driver on the track starts from pole on the fastest car on the track.

Lovely race by Norris again - although I'm kinda gutted for Sainz because that fifth place was sort of earmarked for him, but the botched pitstop destroyed his race.

Shame about Pérez as well - lovely race, but screwed by a small mistake. Still managed to salvage a very decent sixth place.

And Albon... oh boy, Albon. It doesn't look very nice when you're so long behind your teammate that he can essentially get a free pitstop. At the same time, to be fair, the fact that he's doing a Gasly shows that Red Bull is pretty much a one-driver team and they only field a second car because the regs make them to - it's hard to imagine that someone would be so far behind their teammate otherwise.

At the same time, I think today's race shows why Sainz was the right signing for Ferrari - he's got a lame pitstop and ended up losing track position as a result, so he just gives his teammate the benefit of two DRS zones and gets out of the way. Can anyone see that happening with Vettel instead?