Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    I was thinking that this was an uncharacteristic mistake from Leclerc, but if memory serves me well, he's actually had a few during his Ferrari tenure. There's no question that he's mighty fast and a likeable character, but he's not bulletproof. Hopefully he'll become more consistent and able to match Hamilton and Verstappen.
    To his credit he was very honest and contrite in his statements to the media.
    But that being said, you absolutely cannot send it like that on the first lap like that in heavy traffic.
    The thing is, that Ferrari is probably better on race pace than qualy and probably vettel or leclerc or both would have finished in the top 10 easily and maybe even p4.
    It was the worst possible outcome for Ferrari and nothing Vettel could do.
    you can't argue with results.

2. Likes: gm99 (12th July 2020),Mia 01 (14th July 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Brilliant race by Perez so far. Albon on the other side is rather disappointing today, he can't match his team-mate's pace at all.
    I wonder if Masi will be equally as stringent with Albon for a very similar incident to his frackas with Hamilton last week. This time, he being the one being overtaken.
    We shall see. I doubt it. smh

And Albon... oh boy, Albon. It doesn't look very nice when you're so long behind your teammate that he can essentially get a free pitstop. At the same time, to be fair, the fact that he's doing a Gasly shows that Red Bull is pretty much a one-driver team and they only field a second car because the regs make them to - it's hard to imagine that someone would be so far behind their teammate otherwise.
    Yup. The car, is pretty much custom built to max specifications and I wonder how much say Albon actually has with setup etc. I cannot imagine he is that far adrift from his teammate unless they turned his engine down or some other kind of issue or strategic reason. A week ago he was on for the race win and now out of a sudden he can barely surpass the Racing point? I bet you verstappen (or marko) said something to remind them who's who at the team and this is what you get. Albon looked compromised today very inexplicably. Typical RBR stuff

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Then again, to be fair, last week Mercedes were having to nurse their car a lot more. This weekend it hasn't been like that because there haven't been safety car periods to erase their advantage, and you'd imagine that they've taken countermeasures to avoid a repeat of last week's problems. There's that, and there's also the fact that Albon was on softer tyres than the Mercedes, and that Verstappen wasn't there to provide a benchmark. When you take all of this into account, it's probably not such a big surprise that Albon's pace relative to the Mercedes has gone away.

6. Likes: truefan72 (12th July 2020)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Then again, to be fair, last week Mercedes were having to nurse their car a lot more. This weekend it hasn't been like that because there haven't been safety car periods to erase their advantage, and you'd imagine that they've taken countermeasures to avoid a repeat of last week's problems. There's that, and there's also the fact that Albon was on softer tyres than the Mercedes, and that Verstappen wasn't there to provide a benchmark. When you take all of this into account, it's probably not such a big surprise that Albon's pace relative to the Mercedes has gone away.
    I still doubt they had any issues last weekend. I think it was all smoke and mirrors. They wanted the 1-2 last weekend. When that was no longer possible they were easily able to increase their pace. They are just playing games.

Pretty dull race today- Norris is looking like a star. Albon must start getting closer to Verstappen soon. Lewis deserved winner. Nothing in this race will make me want to go back and watch it again.

Two things bothered me about this race and the stewarding.
    In reviewing the stroll ricciardo incident, it seems pretty obvious the stroll forced him off the track and given what happened last week I’m surprised they said “no further action” I guess your car has to be facing the other way or something for them to deem it punishable.

Also I’m surprised lecterc didn’t get any kind of penalty. Just because the person most adversely affected is your teammate doesn’t change the recklessness of the move. Furthermore it did affect the other cars around them in terms of potential damage and lost positions. I remember grosjean getting penalties for similar moves

9. Likes: Mia 01 (14th July 2020),N. Jones (12th July 2020)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Lewis in control at the front from qually to race finish.

Except for that, everything got pretty wild.

Leclerc pulled a bonehead, but owned it the best he could. I'm sure his afternoon talk wasn't pleasant.

Bottas and Merc used a good strategy, and gave him enough time to make the pass. Max certainly didn't make it easy, and Bottas had to put in some work for it. Well done by both in the attack and the defense, and clean driving througout.

Great job by Perez right up until that contact. He got lucky on that and things worked out in the end... barely! It almost cost him much more dearly, and in my view he was the one at fault with Albon, but not a bad try.

As for Stroll, a mighty effort but I personally feel he should have been forced to give the position back. It appeared to me that he just widened up the turn to push Ric off. If not and his brakes were done, he still pushed Ric off, and didn't complete any proper pass on track. I think he probably would have not cleared that pass, and also got overtaken by Lando most likely.

But except for a couple smaller incidents and some no contact calls, I thought we saw a lot of really good wheel to wheel racing between a number of drivers, and the majority of it was really clean and fair. It spiced up the fact that Merc was in control up front, and made the race fun to watch to the very, very, very end.

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Two things bothered me about this race and the stewarding.
    In reviewing the stroll ricciardo incident, it seems pretty obvious the stroll forced him off the track and given what happened last week I’m surprised they said “no further action” I guess your car has to be facing the other way or something for them to deem it punishable.

Also I’m surprised lecterc didn’t get any kind of penalty. Just because the person most adversely affected is your teammate doesn’t change the recklessness of the move. Furthermore it did affect the other cars around them in terms of potential damage and lost positions. I remember grosjean getting penalties for similar moves
    Regarding Stroll, I thought the same. He went four tires off, so either way it was a banzai move.

I'd also agree with the Leclerc move, or any contact between team mates that impacts the others around them. From the onboard on Kimi's car, he had to completely check up and probably lost 2-3 places at a minimum. Others might have been impacted less, but it still altered their races as well.

11. Likes: Jag_Warrior (14th July 2020),truefan72 (13th July 2020)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Decent race and some good individual performances.. but no real outstanding moments to write home about.

Almost faultless victory by Lewis.. back to top form, business as usual. Dissapointed but not at all surprised by his 'black power' salute on the podium. Racist twat sprung to mind but hey ho.

Real pity for Sainz with the McLaren pit stop error after putting in such a superb wet qualy performance but at least Norris benefitted from it and also produced a great performance of his own.

Good to see Racing point up there again but feeling that they didn't maximize and should probably have done better.

Calamity for Ferrari.. Binnoto refusing to blame Charles was a strange one but I guess they just want to keep his confidence up by not getting on his back.

Quote Originally Posted by Zico View Post
    Decent race and some good individual performances.. but no real outstanding moments to write home about.

Almost faultless victory by Lewis.. back to top form, business as usual. Dissapointed but not at all surprised by his 'black power' salute on the podium. Racist twat sprung to mind but hey ho.
    The irony of calling an anti-racism stand racist.
    Educate yourself on the history of that salute and why it was there in the first place
    then spend some time reading Ecclestone's racist comments in 2020 (which you seem to be aligning yourself with) before you come on here with such a comment.
    SMH

14. Likes: donKey jote (13th July 2020),Jag_Warrior (14th July 2020)
    Liked 308 Times in 206 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    The irony of calling an anti-racism stand racist.
    Educate yourself on the history of that salute and why it was there in the first place
    then spend some time reading Ecclestone's racist comments in 2020 (which you seem to be aligning yourself with) before you come on here with such a comment.
    SMH
    ...or perhaps the irony of this particular so called anti racism stand being racist. You only have to look at the two words defining it to see it. Its no different from 'white power' when you strip back the dressed up BS... but whatever dude.