Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by zako85 View Post
    Should have left enough room on the outside when exiting the corner. Albon was parallel to him. Moreover, from the replays you could clearly see Hamilton taking a trajectory different from Bottas who did stick to the inside of the turn longer. Hamilton's move looked like a slight understeer or an intentional move to squeeze Albon out.
    Hamilton's move was not intentional. With Albon on the outside, he could not take a normal line through that corner as Bottas did. The trajectory for how he entered the corner forced him to where he ended up with Albon already in jeopardy at the apex of the corner as he could see that the Mercedes was going to end up where it did. It was Albo who hit Hamilton but Hamilton got punished, go figure.

With the aggressive style of racing that the racing director Masi advocates, giving a cars width is out of the question. Gloves off racing means give no quarter and snatch any patch of tarmac aggressively if you can.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 6th July 2020 at 14:52.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

2. Likes: Duncan (6th July 2020),truefan72 (6th July 2020)
    Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    Hamilton warranted a penalty. Albon passed him, or was in the process of passing him, cleanly. Then was he in the sand.

The Norris move was dodgy, "Verstappen-like". He was never ahead at any stage and rode the kerb. I haven't seen another shot aside from onboard, but it now seems like a banzai move.

Masi is an impediment to F1. He worked at supercars, and those idiots confuse racing with ufc.

The release of the safety car for Russell's car was lame. But that's just typical of Masi.

The race between the MB drivers confused me. Has Hamilton ever complied with team orders that weren't in his favour?
    Last edited by journeyman racer; 6th July 2020 at 13:07.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Regarding Hamilton's qualifying penalty, Masi has mentioned that the reason why the appeal changed was because Red Bull requested a review of the decision after footage from Hamilton's 360 cam was made available to them, and that evidence showed without a doubt that he should have known that there was a yellow flag, which inequivocally meant that he'd earned a penalty.

That said, it was fairly clumsy from the stewards not to have reviewed that footage earlier. I hope they'll learn from this and will review that first before issuing yellow flag penalties. Incidentally, do we know if all cars have these 360 cameras?

And I stand by what I said on Sunday morning about three-grid penalties for yellow flag infringements are a joke - either delete the lap or give them a much sterner drop, because with the midfield as tight as it is, a three-grid drop probably won't be enough to offset the improvement done in one single lap. For instance, in Q1 there was just a 0.161 difference between P5 and P12 and in Q2 it was 0.295 between P3 and P10. In either case an extra lap could have meant a 7 place gain, which means a 4 place net gain after the penalty. If the penalty doesn't offset the advantage gained illegally, the penalty is wrong.

Liked 1,053 Times in 594 Posts
    Hamilton strikes again. Such a shame for both drivers.
    I was wrong on McLaren, they look good.
    Charles is the real deal.
    I hope this is Vettel's last season.
    I am not surprised at the amount of retirements. Next week should be better in that regard.
    " Lady - I'm in an awful dilemma.
    Moe - Yeah, I never cared much for these foreign cars either."

Liked 1,115 Times in 596 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    And as soon as the 1-2 was in jeopardy they were flying again. There was nothing wrong with those cars.
    then why was albon able to overtake hamilton?

there was definitely something wrong with the cars. if not, they would have both cruised to the finish with a 20s lead, since they were at least a second per lap faster than everybody else.

7. Likes: pantealex (6th July 2020)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    then why was albon able to overtake hamilton?

there was definitely something wrong with the cars. if not, they would have both cruised to the finish with a 20s lead, since they were at least a second per lap faster than everybody else.
    Because he was on a much better tire.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Mercedes is denying that the car was too hot because it was painted black , but I say black liveries matter .

10. Likes: journeyman racer (12th July 2020),N4D13 (9th July 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Regarding Hamilton's qualifying penalty, Masi has mentioned that the reason why the appeal changed was because Red Bull requested a review of the decision after footage from Hamilton's 360 cam was made available to them, and that evidence showed without a doubt that he should have known that there was a yellow flag, which inequivocally meant that he'd earned a penalty.

That said, it was fairly clumsy from the stewards not to have reviewed that footage earlier. I hope they'll learn from this and will review that first before issuing yellow flag penalties. Incidentally, do we know if all cars have these 360 cameras?
    Redbull's methods nowadays are ugly to say the least. How they are going about racing is just parthetic really.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    I suppose i still am. They should do better. Maybe they should paint Bottas black too. He's obscenely white. What can you do? I'm just a privileged white Romanian. I've never had to deal with prejudices from my white western white brothers.
    Sorry buddy, you are not white , if you were you would stone cold dead. You are various shades of pink. So try to at least show some intellectual depth.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Redbull's methods nowadays are ugly to say the least. How they are going about racing is just parthetic really.
    The 360 degree footage is not available until the cars are back in and the info is downloaded and made available by the FIA , due to bandwidth issues .
    Once the footage came out , Red Bull asked if the stewards had seen it .

That doesn't seem so sinister as to prompt words like "ugly" and "pathetic" .

14. Likes: gm99 (9th July 2020),N4D13 (9th July 2020),pantealex (9th July 2020)