Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Masi can say whatever he wants, but my point is about the rulebook.
    True, but how the rules is applied is Massi's say. And he says gloves off.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Well done lando.
    The only good thing from today.
    Shady penalty on Hamilton. Nothing for Norris who barged Perez out of the way 🤷🏻*♂️
    Oh well. On to the next race.
    As I said Mercedes insistence on trying to orchestrate the race has come back to bite them. There was a point where Hamilton was trying to overtake bottle but they effectively told them to hold station in their overconfidence. There was nothing wrong with the cars based on the late race pace. Then at the 2nd safety car they should have pitted Hamilton to cover Albon. Smh
    At least we got another race next week.

3. Likes: Duncan (6th July 2020)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Not really, Masi say gloves of racing. That was gloves off racing. So it was not really consistent.
    yup. And to make matters worse no penalty for Norris he just barged into Perez while Perez was still ahead on turn3 and stupid sky f1 crew were like that’s a fine move. Laughable. I would protest if I was Mercedes

Quote Originally Posted by truefan72 View Post
    Well done lando.
    The only good thing from today.
    Shady penalty on Hamilton. Nothing for Norris who barged Perez out of the way ����*♂️
    Oh well. On to the next race.
    As I said Mercedes insistence on trying to orchestrate the race has come back to bite them. There was a point where Hamilton was trying to overtake bottle but they effectively told them to hold station in their overconfidence. There was nothing wrong with the cars based on the late race pace. Then at the 2nd safety car they should have pitted Hamilton to cover Albon. Smh
    At least we got another race next week.
    Mercedes did not impress from the pitwall. Not pitting one car put them under pressure from Redbull. They were too tame this race.
    William Shakespeare

6. Likes: Duncan (6th July 2020),truefan72 (5th July 2020)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    yup. And to make matters worse no penalty for Norris he just barged into Perez while Perez was still ahead on turn3 and stupid sky f1 crew were like that’s a fine move. Laughable. I would protest if I was Mercedes
    Come on, Norris' move was definitely legitimate. Pérez left the door wide open and Norris just took the opportunity into the inner line, leaving more than enough space for Pérez. Pérez just wasn't expecting there, but they banged wheels, which happens all the time in racing and is fine.

8. Likes: Duncan (6th July 2020)
    I thought the stewards at this race were crap really. we could see signs of it with the very last minute penalty for Hamilton which had him starting the race 5th. The penalty for Perez was just as dodgy. D**kheads really
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 9th July 2020 at 13:37.
    William Shakespeare

10. Likes: truefan72 (5th July 2020)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Savage race. Bottas got a victory he richly deserved and Hamilton got the 4th he just about deserved. LeClerc and Norris are stars. I’m a big fan of Norris so delighted that he got the podium. It has been so long since McLaren were on the podium - thrilled for them.

And LeClerc- what can I say? He’s showing all the signs of a future great in the sport once more.

Albon/Hamilton incident I felt was a racing incident. I think it Albon took risk that can sometimes pay off and other times it doesn’t at that corner. A bit harsh as I felt Lewis did leave him the cars width. Hamilton’s head is not in the game, been clear all weekend so have little sympathy for him.

Vettel - bloody hell. SMH.

12. Likes: Duncan (6th July 2020)
    Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    I thought the stewards at this race were crap really. we could see signs of it with the very last minute penalty for Hamilton which hard him starting the race 5th. The penalty for Perez was just as dodgy. D**kheads really
    Again, nothing wrong with the penalty for Pérez. I don't really know what you guys are droning on about. Seriously, Pérez' penalty was for speeding in the pitlane. That's as clear-cut as they go, so what's the point with all the moaning?

Yes, I get that Hamilton's penalty was way too stringent, but the other things just don't make any sense.

14. Likes: gm99 (5th July 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4D13 View Post
    Come on, Norris' move was definitely legitimate. Pérez left the door wide open and Norris just took the opportunity into the inner line, leaving more than enough space for Pérez. Pérez just wasn't expecting there, but they banged wheels, which happens all the time in racing and is fine.
    I agree, Perez left the door wide open there.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    The penalty for Perez was just as dodgy. D**kheads really
    Wasn't that penalty for speeding in the pit lane? What's so dodgy about that?
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

17. Likes: truefan72 (5th July 2020)