Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Bottas has started the season well. That pole lap was something very special. A new lap record no less. In a bizzare season such as this, can he mount an upset?
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    yup, Bottas isn't messing about to start the season. Anything can happen. The race should be interesting. I'm more worried about Verstappen at p3 trying to do something bonkers at the start.
    also, kudos to Norris. What an excellent p4. Alob did very well in P5 and a strong showing by ricciardo in p10 who felt he could have done better in Q3.
    Can't wait for the race!
    you can't argue with results.

Liked 137 Times in 110 Posts
    The Mercedes PR stunt works. I was a rabid racist but the black cars have convinced me to turn away from my wicked ways. I hope Hamilton can manage to destroy the lives of the drivers that don't follow him in his empty gestures (e.g. kneeling).

Liked 146 Times in 113 Posts
    I refuse to believe the validity of TBK's post. There must be some sort of reverse psychology thing going on?

I think Bottas has reached a point where even the most cynical and dispirited fans can acknowledge that he can beat Hamilton on merit. But as with the case after last year's Aus GP, it's about how often he can do it.

When both MB are on the front row. Almost always it doesn't matter who gets pole, but who's first after the first few corners.

5. Likes: truefan72 (5th July 2020)
    Liked 373 Times in 289 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Ben View Post
    The Mercedes PR stunt works. I was a rabid racist but the black cars have convinced me to turn away from my wicked ways. I hope Hamilton can manage to destroy the lives of the drivers that don't follow him in his empty gestures (e.g. kneeling).
    another useless post. I simply don't understand how some folks think here. They simply don't get it and worse yet, feel so entitled and comfortable to share their misguided and tone deaf thoughts. Be part of the solution not the problem. SMH
    you can't argue with results.

7. Likes: Duncan (6th July 2020)
    Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Hamilton penalized for disobeying the yellow flags in Q3 and will now start from P5. So that puts Lando Norris up to P3.
    Last edited by gm99; 5th July 2020 at 13:45.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    Hamilton penalized for disobeying the yellow flags in Q3 and will now start from P5. So that puts Lando Norris up to P3.
    Not a fan of the penalty at all. Either it shouldn't have been given or it's too lenient.

If you're going to give a penalty for ignoring a yellow flag, it probably should be sterner, or maybe have that laptime deleted as they do for track limits. It doesn't feel right that ignoring a yellow flags only drops you from P2 to P5 while at least Sainz and Ricciardo got mugged over the flag, with the former going down from P3 to P8. With such a close midfield, this is a terrible precedent IMO because when a single tenth can be worth several places on the grid, it's going to be definitely worth it to just ignore the flag, go flat out, improve a couple of places while everyone else can't put together a decent lap and then just lose three places.
    Last edited by N4D13; 5th July 2020 at 14:09.

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    Bottas has started the season well. That pole lap was something very special. A new lap record no less. In a bizzare season such as this, can he mount an upset?
    We had the very same conversation at the beginning of last years and some forum members were certain that it was going to be Bottas' year and that he'd mount a credible challenge, only for their predictions to fall apart a couple of races into the season. So far history shows that Bottas can show glimpses of speed occasionally, but there's nothing to suggest that he'll keep the level of excellence that Hamilton does deliver consistently.

Beating your teammate to pole by 0.012 seconds in just one race doesn't magically turn you into a championship contender, especially when your second lap was a mess that could have meant floor damage or even putting the car in the wall.

11. Likes: gm99 (5th July 2020)
    Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Verstapenn is now out of contention for this weird season's contention. But Albon is suddenly once again being placed at the deepend of carrying the redbull hopes for the championship win once again.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 5th July 2020 at 14:50.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Poor Verstappen.
    Ferrari's race pace is downright embarassing.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.