Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Step lightly , Ocon , as Alonso will win every argument .

It's not gonna be smooth , but it will be fun to watch .
    Welcome back Fernando .

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Well, so it turns out that SER wasn't really that far off. They were the first (that I know about) to announce Alonso's return and while there's nothing about a comeback during 2020, it's likely that such talks have been had, or that it's still in the table.

FWIW Renault have announced that they don't have an intention to boot Ricciardo during 2020, but then again, Abiteboul also said that they weren't interested in Alonso a few days before announcing his signing, so it's hard to trust them on anything.

Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts
    I can't say that I'm an Alonso fan, but he does add some drama/excitement to F1. Hopefully Vettel will find a seat next year too. Alonso, Vettel and Kimi are three characters that I'd like to see remain in F1 for awhile longer, even if they aren't my favorite drivers.

BTW, how do we know when a Formula One team principal is lying? His/her lips are moving. But if Renault bounces Ricciardo (a driver who I do really like), I hope that he doesn't have to sit out and wait for his McLaren seat. Course, that would mean Ferrari would have to bench Vettel in order to take on Sainz. So hopefully all of this will take place at or near the end of the season.
    "Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 192 Times in 174 Posts
    This is good news I think. We need FA back. I just hope Renault is at least semi-competitive next year (P5-P8) before the new rules are in effect for '21
    Tito Vilanova = :champion:

Liked 203 Times in 148 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    I can't say that I'm an Alonso fan, but he does add some drama/excitement to F1. Hopefully Vettel will find a seat next year too. Alonso, Vettel and Kimi are three characters that I'd like to see remain in F1 for awhile longer, even if they aren't my favorite drivers.

BTW, how do we know when a Formula One team principal is lying? His/her lips are moving. But if Renault bounces Ricciardo (a driver who I do really like), I hope that he doesn't have to sit out and wait for his McLaren seat. Course, that would mean Ferrari would have to bench Vettel in order to take on Sainz. So hopefully all of this will take place at or near the end of the season.
    The funny thing is that everyone who's talking about this move is assuming that McLaren would want to replace Sainz with Ricciardo during 2020, which I don't think will happen. McLaren is probably going to be challenging for that P3 in the WCC. I don't see them letting their first driver go after he vastly outscored Norris in 2019 to replace him with someone who hasn't driven the car. That seems like a very risky choice.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    Doh, the fuzy magic will return to the F1 forums. Now Alonso will regularly finish outside of podium positions, but, as in 2011, he will be always praised after every race for extracting 105, and sometimes 115 percent of performance out of his car. It won't matter if he finishes 5th or 7ths, he will always be voted as the racer of the weekend by a humongous portion of the forum crowds.

Liked 639 Times in 505 Posts
    Glad to see Fred back. This should be fun!
    May the forza be with you

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Glad to see Fred back. This should be fun!
    Tazzy , you didn't post that favourite picture of King Fred overlooking his flock .
    Maybe you couldn't find it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Tazzy , you didn't post that favourite picture of King Fred overlooking his flock .
    Maybe you couldn't find it ?
    Yeah, I'm afraid that one is lost to the ages

Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    Yeah, I'm afraid that one is lost to the ages
    No, no, no, wait, I found it!

11. Likes: donKey jote (14th July 2020),Mia 01 (14th July 2020)