Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    I am sure that 2021 F1 season is going to be another shit-show, with RedBull's Verstappen almost always finishing the race behind Mercedes, and Alonso finishing the race behind RedBull-Verstappen with a big gap. However, Alonso-fans, just like in 2011, are going to proclaim that Alonso, despite finishing seventh in the race or qualifying, drove his car to 140 percent of its performance. I am already sick of Alonsofans in advance of that season.

Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Similar to Taz, I rate Ocon as a pretty good driver.

But like him or not, Fernando has huge talent and a hefty mental game. Depending on how they can change the car to his liking, I expect that he will better Ocon in short time. Then again, it doesn't take a long time away from the sport to lose some of that ability.... but I think Alonso will still step up to the challenge.

Liked 643 Times in 508 Posts
    It was a good close fight; Ocon proved his worth, but the big surprise is how mellow, and dare I say magnanimous 'Zo was!
    May the forza be with you

4. Likes: N. Jones (14th December 2021)
    Liked 666 Times in 464 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tazio View Post
    It was a good close fight; Ocon proved his worth, but the big surprise is how mellow, and dare I say magnanimous 'Zo was!
    Well said Tazzy. Though he might have lost a little of his 6/10ths over the years, he still put in some great drives and gets what is available out of the car most of the time. Him and Seb seemed to take great joy in making fun of the overtaking award recently, and he seems to have mellowed quite a bit.

But with him now becoming the "old man of F1" with Kimi gone that only seems fitting. He really has nothing left to prove, and I think most of us accept that with the right car he would have had more WDC's under his belt.

But what he did for Ocon in Hungary was not the Fernando of years gone by. He put it all on the table to give the youngster a chance at a top podium step, and it worked out.

6. Likes: Tazio (15th December 2021)