Page 9 of 71 FirstFirst ... 78910111959 ... LastLast
    Liked 105 Times in 44 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Would it be possible to make a special deal with government for example that M-Sport arrives let's say 3-5 days before the right time and they will test every team member every day and if there is no sign for disease then everything is ok. But I think there will be some kind of solution that M-Sport can participate. Our prime minister (and generally the whole government) is pro-rally (Rally Estonia) so I can imagine some kind of special deal put in place.
    In theory, yes. But the trouble comes soon after you make a decision like that because what you allow for one, you have to allow for all. I cannot even imagine the lawsuits that would be flying around from event organizers over lost revenue if some non-linear regulations were applied whose sole criteria were how much someone in authority liked or disliked a particular type of event. I think no one in government even dares to consider something like this. It's unfortunate but they would have to err on the side of caution and rightfully so. To say nothing about the potential risk of being responsible to green-light an event that resulted in an outbreak.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Tänak is suggesting that only Estonian spectators should be allowed. Original source is a Betsafe blog

https://www.rallit.fi/ott-tanakilta-...isia-katsojia/

Liked 1,133 Times in 607 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    Would it be possible to make a special deal with government for example that M-Sport arrives let's say 3-5 days before the right time and they will test every team member every day and if there is no sign for disease then everything is ok. But I think there will be some kind of solution that M-Sport can participate. Our prime minister (and generally the whole government) is pro-rally (Rally Estonia) so I can imagine some kind of special deal put in place.
    The problem is that you could get infected the day before, fly over there and test negative, and a few days later only test positive.

What they could do is ask everyone to quarantaine themself at home for a week before flying over and getting tested. If anyone is infected then, they should surely test positive.

Liked 1,093 Times in 491 Posts
    Could M-Sport partially use their workforce from Poland?
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    https://www.formula1.com/en/latest/a...O6T0MGoO7.html

After the debacle of the OZ GP cant see the FIA going with any other option than no quarantine for anyone. Think having had their fingers burned with what happened with McLaren the fall out from one of the teams having team members test positive just before the rally would be massive.
    FIA doesn´t decide who can go to Estonia...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 1,176 Times in 389 Posts
    List of people allowed or not is updated every Friday. According to latest list not allowed are: Luxembourg, Sweden, Portugal, San Marino, Bulgaria, Romania, Andorra, Croatia, Iceland and Spain. Close to the edge are: Switzerland, Austria, Czech Rep., UK, Belgium, Slovenia, France, Poland...
    Couple of weeks ago mysef I was in the situation when I was supposed to go testing to Latvia and Estonia and in last moment couldn't make it, as my country was banned on Friday and I was supposed to go on Monday...

Liked 2,839 Times in 1,612 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    You really don´t understand how this virus works.
    I still would say frequently testing works in this special cases. It works in other sports.

Of course special measures have to be taken at SP and other clusters.

Edit: Having read more in this Topic, I´d say Rally Estonia isn´t to be done. You never have a World Series excluding a team on these conditions. Never.
    Last edited by Rallyper; 21st July 2020 at 10:50.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    ONS Official stats:
    During the most recent week (6 July to 12 July), we estimate there were two new COVID-19 infections for every 10,000 individuals in the community population in England.

So that's 20 per 100,000 and above the threshold of 16 allowed for people to enter Estonia.

Another concern is where M-Sport is based in NW England:

'Several areas in England are experiencing a surge in new coronavirus cases, with places in the North West appearing most at risk to a second wave of infections similar to the one seen in (now locked down) Leicester.
    Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 21st July 2020 at 14:59.

Liked 314 Times in 170 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    ONS Official stats:
    During the most recent week (6 July to 12 July), we estimate there were two new COVID-19 infections for every 10,000 individuals in the community population in England.

So that's 20 per 100,000 and above the threshold of 16 allowed for people to enter Estonia.

Another concern is where M-Sport is based in NW England:

'Several areas in England are experiencing a surge in new coronavirus cases, with places in the North West appearing most at risk to a second wave of infections similar to the one seen in (now locked down) Leicester.
    Cockermouth, where MSport are based, is over 100 km from the areas of NW England where the surge in virus cases has been recorded.

10. Likes: the sniper (21st July 2020)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    Cockermouth, where MSport are based, is over 100 km from the areas of NW England where the surge in virus cases has been recorded.
    Indeed, but NW England is the general area and that could be what takes the attention of the Estonian authorities.

Tourism is also opening up in the Lake District which is exactly where M-Sport is based, so a spike there is also quite possible.