Page 68 of 71 FirstFirst ... 18586667686970 ... LastLast
    Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

2. Likes: dimviii (6th September 2020)
    Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Congrats to Tanak, Jarveoja and Hyundai for the win and to the Estonian organizers for providing a nice WRC restart; well done! Hat off also to Breen and to Solberg (the kid doesn’t cease to impress!).
    Rally addict since 1982

4. Likes: dimviii (6th September 2020),Eli (6th September 2020),EstWRC (6th September 2020),gorganl2000 (6th September 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    Egon is the 2nd fastest driver in Estonia. If you guys remember, he is the guy who competed with Breen in WRC academy series. They both had same amount of points, Kaur even had more wins but a driver who had more stage wins with even points won the trophy. That was the point where Kaur's career stalled. His last R5 start was in 2014.

Too bad he had a puncture. Could of been 10th overall.
    Yes, his season has stalled after 2011. After that WRC Academy loose, he has stayed only in national championship with production/proto cars. He completely given up to any international series...

Liked 12,205 Times in 5,239 Posts
    Our spectating places werent nothing spectacular but still, it was so good to see WRC cars in action after such a long break and the last time i saw them with my own eyes was Finland last year. and cmonnnn, WRC rally in my homeyard, still cant my head around that.

No complaints from me, everything worked so smoothly and i have nothing but only praise for Aava and co. The huge screens at every spectator area was just brilliant, you didnt miss any action. Funny story also with that, we were at the famous Alaküla jump on the first pass in the morning. So, we were watching the huge screen and waiting Ogier to arrive on the jump. But the sound was so loud from the speakers and i had forgotten the fact that the live picture is behind the real time, the next moment Ogier flew past us and we basically completely missed him

Really surprised by the speed of the Hyundais. I mean, Im not surprised that Ott was fast, it was expected but they all were fast, Breens effort and praise about the car says a lot.

Disappointment of the rally for me was Gryazin, and apart from Kaur and Virves (who were really good), i kind of expected a little bit better performance from our other locals as well i guess? or maybe my expectations were too high, dont know. Loubet and Katsuta were also good, especially Katsuta, such a shame about that roll but the speed was very good from him.

Anyway, Ott is back in the title hunt now, although that Monte 0 point rally is hurting him a lot with such a short season. 4 different winners on 4 rallies this season. Its gonna be a tight fight until the end.

And he has now won rallies with 3 different manufacturers.

source of pic https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...58013010945245
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: AnttiL (7th September 2020),dimviii (7th September 2020),flat_right (7th September 2020),sindroms (7th September 2020),steve.mandzij (7th September 2020),tr4m (7th September 2020)
    Liked 486 Times in 187 Posts
    EstWRC said it all basically. Rally was organized super well, big screens with All Live in every spectator area was just brilliant. That meant that no one was in their phone looking for split times info, watching all live and this meant that you had internet for other important things (checking your route for next stage etc). Also even if you didn't have any info about where to go, there were bookmarks? (don't know how to call them) in Waze so you just had to search your stage and it directed you to the correct parking lot. Also big praise for spectators - everything was so calm, people were friendly, no problems at all. There will always be some dude who has drank too much but this I saw so few it wasn't a problem for me.

Very well thought and organized event! Hopefully this won't be just one time event!

10. Likes: AnttiL (7th September 2020),bluuford (8th September 2020),dimviii (7th September 2020),EstWRC (7th September 2020),Rally Hokkaido (7th September 2020),Rallyper (7th September 2020),sindroms (7th September 2020),tr4m (7th September 2020)
    Liked 56 Times in 28 Posts
    What do you thinks is the chance of it becoming a regular WRC event?

Liked 81 Times in 28 Posts
    Just out of curiosity, how did it work with the spectator restrictions? Was there any chance to spectate "illegally" (either without ticket, or outside the desiganted spectator area)? To me it seems almost impossible to close and control all of the access roads to the stages. On WRC Live I've seen several smaller groups of people in the middle of the forests, so perhaps these people were "extra" above the 16000 tickets?

Liked 979 Times in 340 Posts
    I watched online too and looked like there were very little spectators outside the spectator areas.

Liked 237 Times in 112 Posts
    In comparison to 'normal' wrc events, watching wrc+ onboards its looked like rally going through 'desert' ... ok, there were few spectators outside zones, but very few if you compare with any onboard from the past.