Page 23 of 71 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533 ... LastLast
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    lol

Rovanperä Kalle - Halttunen Jonne
    "It was a nice test event, good to be back in the car. For sure i'm a bit sad because we weren't the fastest Toyota every stage. We made good progress with the car."
    Yes, only 7 times fastest TGR and 1 time 0,1s slower than SebO
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Yes, only 7 times fastest TGR and 1 time 0,1s slower than SebO
    nobody said that he wasnt.

3. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2020)
    Liked 148 Times in 42 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    the only thing im gonna say after this warm-up rally is that...

it such a shame Rally Finland didnt go ahead this year, i have a feeling it would have been an exciting fight between the Toyotas and Tänak.
    Maybe cancellation of Rally Finland was exactly what Hyundai needed. Gave them more time and flexibility to develop the car.

5. Likes: cali (24th August 2020)
    Liked 12,164 Times in 5,216 Posts
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Tänak - "We have been working on the car for a long time, now it's time to make the car and ourselves sharper. Thank you to the organizers for a great rally, the most competitive rally so far i've ever had."
    I actually heard the interview and this is interpreted wrongly or at least one word is left out which was "the most competitive rally I've ever had here (in Estonia)". Which was a direct shot against Urmo Aava and his RE team.
    The he went on to say "everybody in Estonia including Rally Estonia crew tried to shut this rally down. Good rally without these fancy concerts. The organizers have worked hard for this rally." And then he went on to compare the different budgets of these 2 rallies (RE and RedGrey Rally).

It's well known fact that before RE got WRC status there was a meeting in Auto24 Ring where Ott confronted Urmo in a big way in front of a 80-90 people and I think he was right to do that as Urmo was undermining the planned Dirtfish rally by trying to convince the local landowners to forbid the use of their roads.
    The hatchet still is not buried and I doubt it ever will as seen by this weekend.

Here's the original story, one can us a google translate if interested: https://sport.delfi.ee/news/auto/lou...de?id=90817769
    Last edited by cali; 24th August 2020 at 10:16.

8. Likes: AnttiL (24th August 2020),dimviii (24th August 2020),EstWRC (24th August 2020),Fast Eddie WRC (24th August 2020),meh (24th August 2020),skarderud (25th August 2020)
    Liked 1,587 Times in 720 Posts
    Rally was awesome - not too crowded, easy to spectate, in compacted area etc.

But aftertaste from "Lõuna-Eesti Rally team" vs "Rally Estonia team" is bitter. If Tänak-Märtin-Gross(?) will not co-operate with Aava-Hõbe-... (and vice-versa) then we can see some weird shit in the future also. Like originally cancelled Rally Estonia 2020 and working against South-Estonia Rally. That's really sad.

From South-Estonia rally itself - most of the thinks were kind of as expected:

* Tänak was fast
    * Rovanperä was fast and fastest Toyota
    * Really nice and intense fight in R5 category

Not that expected:

* Neuville just can not handle really fast roads (or had some technical or setup issues). When others went quite straight and smooth from really fast "curve", then Neuville was there side-ways.
    * Lappi was too much off the pace but here we clearly don't know, how much it's caused by rental-car and how much driving

Clad that Evans-Martin didn't have any injuries from that crash and hopefully he can get some better emotion from this year Rally Estonia (back injury from last year Rally Estonia, crash in South-Estonia Rally).

Have you ever had some random national rally with this line-up?

10. Likes: AnttiL (24th August 2020),cali (24th August 2020),EstWRC (24th August 2020),pantealex (24th August 2020),sindroms (24th August 2020)
    Liked 479 Times in 161 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by meh View Post
    * Neuville just can not handle really fast roads (or had some technical or setup issues). When others went quite straight and smooth from really fast "curve", then Neuville was there side-ways.
    Yes it was very noticeable. In our spot - rigthander over the crest, all Toyotas were in straight line while both Hyundai were throwed in sideway before crest.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by tr4m View Post
    Maybe cancellation of Rally Finland was exactly what Hyundai needed. Gave them more time and flexibility to develop the car.
    I think Hyundai's problems in Finland have been related to landings of jumps, and there is less of that in Estonia. Additionally, Tänak is just unbeatable on these roads. We could see that from Neuville's performance in the same car.

13. Likes: pantealex (24th August 2020)
    Liked 1,544 Times in 663 Posts
    I did not expect that Ott would beat the Toyotas, actually anyone of them.
    And these roads are not for Thierry, just another proof in the long run.

And it's rather early to make any conclusions based on this rally alone. Even though these rallies are quite close to each other, roads in RE are slightly different and still this was a testing event, not the real one.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cali View Post
    I did not expect that Ott would beat the Toyotas, actually anyone of them.
    And these roads are not for Thierry, just another proof in the long run.

And it's rather early to make any conclusions based on this rally alone. Even though these rallies are quite close to each other, roads in RE are slightly different and still this was a testing event, not the real one.
    I made pickems for RE on a Finnish forum already before LE Rally and I put Tänak as the winner. In fact the whole top 6 that I put there was same as LE Rally overall after SS4...

It's true that this testing event is like a long shakedown, you might try setups, techniques etc, warm up or go for it at 100%. Impossible to make conclusions.

I haven't watched all onboards from LE Rally but based on what I've seen, LE Rally is closer to Rally Finland with more crests and crests over bends, RE is closer to Rally Poland with more flat terrain and longer straight sections. Of course both rallies have both kind of sections, but in different percentages.

16. Likes: cali (24th August 2020),Rally Power (24th August 2020)