Page 66 of 72 FirstFirst ... 16566465666768 ... LastLast
Results 651 to 660 of 711
  1. #651
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,001
    Like
    378
    Liked 596 Times in 316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    Fact? same logic: how can you tell?

    no one here can be sure of this or that way. let's bring out some reasoning. in general, probably they would end the season, but maybe stop there? (as for many years now they are late on confirming their seasons.)
    This year particularly, Millener said lots of time they are too tight on schedule. they ll do service on the road between rallies. are we sure they would rebuild a new one (or two?). they couldn't bring a spare part for lappi private race test...
    Because simple business sense dictates that a company with as much cash in the bank and as many assets as they have would not cease if they lost two cars.
    They have a business to protect and they would not stop rallying because that’s what they do.
    Also, like a few have said, Eddie seems to be fixed that the cars are totally valueless after the smashes they have had, but they’re not. New shells maybe and good to go again.
    And again, I thought then cars were always insured, but I might be wrong on that.

  2. #652
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Like
    14
    Liked 67 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarmop View Post
    That spare part was needed instantly, i wouldn`t take this as an example. They also have some Fiestas sitting in the garage...
    not instantly, it broke on pet.
    still thinking the manus team could do that replacement, if needed. m-sport not.

  3. #653
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,541
    Like
    5
    Liked 928 Times in 502 Posts
    Which happened a day or something before...M-Sport for sure had it on their shelves.

  4. #654
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    22,361
    Like
    7,973
    Liked 12,902 Times in 5,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    not instantly, it broke on pet.
    still thinking the manus team could do that replacement, if needed. m-sport not.
    they couldnt bring it in time.Not that they didnt afford it.

  5. #655
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Like
    14
    Liked 67 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    Because simple business sense dictates that a company with as much cash in the bank and as many assets as they have would not cease if they lost two cars.

    they made workers redundant. that's enough to say they're not so stable and sound at the moment.

    They have a business to protect and they would not stop rallying because that’s what they do.

    that's it. they're selling cars and expertise as a business, not doing competition as a primary resource. protect the business may be meaning drop competition as well. we can't be sure.

    Also, like a few have said, Eddie seems to be fixed that the cars are totally valueless after the smashes they have had, but they’re not. New shells maybe and good to go again.

    yeah, i don't really care much who said a thing. on the thing said: most probably they can save some, may be not enough, or not in time.

    And again, I thought then cars were always insured, but I might be wrong on that.

    Wilson said the opposite in past interviews (maybe because of the money needed to). but maybe he is not reliable. ; )
    ..

  6. #656
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Like
    14
    Liked 67 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    they couldnt bring it in time.Not that they didnt afford it.
    most time is the same issue. one day is enough to send things troughout europe, if you can afford it.

    (i'm off now, will reply next days, sorry!)

  7. #657
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,001
    Like
    378
    Liked 596 Times in 316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    ..
    Just check out what they are worth. It definitely would not be impossible for them to continue of they lost two cars, even if they were at full 'retail' value.

  8. #658
    Senior Member Rallyper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Östhammar, Sweden
    Posts
    6,218
    Like
    3,672
    Liked 1,886 Times in 1,108 Posts
    Congrats to Ott and Oliver.
    Tidemand just collected points. Rumours says he had turboproblems.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

  9. #659
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    22,361
    Like
    7,973
    Liked 12,902 Times in 5,704 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    most time is the same issue. one day is enough to send things troughout europe, if you can afford it.
    so you say that Msport couldnt afford to sent the part? lol
    its clearly you havent got a clue what you are talking.
    Last edited by dimviii; 6th September 2020 at 15:41.

  10. #660
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2000
    Posts
    7,994
    Like
    1,421
    Liked 1,709 Times in 894 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Mads Østberg
    @MadsOstberg
    "A good weekend. We've been where we want to be. We have to remember that we've been first R5 all weekend
    No he hasn't.. maybe a misquote?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •