Page 65 of 72 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667 ... LastLast
Results 641 to 650 of 711
  1. #641
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    14,260
    Like
    2,770
    Liked 6,750 Times in 3,568 Posts
    A Fiesta WRC cost of £675,000 was confirmed by M-Sport 2 years ago (€750,000).
    T16 is the only member on my Ignore list.

  2. #642
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    22,361
    Like
    7,973
    Liked 12,902 Times in 5,704 Posts
    hmsgofficial
    @HMSGOfficial

    UPDATE @thierryneuville
    After experiencing some electronic glitches in the Power Stage which didn't allow the engine to run properly the team decided to retire #Neuville's car in the road section to avoid any damage to the engine. #HMSGOfficial #RallyEstonia

  3. #643
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    14,260
    Like
    2,770
    Liked 6,750 Times in 3,568 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    You’ve gone from saying it would be impossible for them to continue (which is utter crap) to saying it would be super tough, which is different.
    So you say M-Sport can sustain any loss and just carry on unaffected.
    T16 is the only member on my Ignore list.

  4. #644
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,001
    Like
    378
    Liked 596 Times in 316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    So you say M-Sport can sustain any loss and just carry on unaffected.
    No. where have I said that?

    I said losing two cars wouldn't make it impossible for them to continue.

  5. #645
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    14,260
    Like
    2,770
    Liked 6,750 Times in 3,568 Posts
    6 years ago:

    The devastating fire which destroyed Mikko Hirvonen’s Ford Fiesta RS World Rally Car at Rally Italia Sardegna will cost his M-Sport team more than £400,000, team boss Malcolm Wilson revealed.
    The Finn’s car caught fire on the road section between stages three and four on Friday afternoon and within minutes it was a blackened shell. Flames spread to the surrounding forest and the event was delayed for 80 minutes as fire crews fought the blaze.

    “The financial implications to replace it are huge. You’re looking in excess of £400,000 and we don’t insure the rally cars, so that’s a big hit,” Wilson told wrc.com.
    T16 is the only member on my Ignore list.

  6. #646
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,541
    Like
    5
    Liked 928 Times in 502 Posts
    That is, if you were to become a M-Sport customer. That is the price tag, not the cost of producing one car. If you take out massive expenses that go into development, then putting the already-developed pieces together into a car cost probably 2x less.
    Last edited by Tarmop; 6th September 2020 at 13:26.

  7. #647
    Senior Member Fast Eddie WRC's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Great Britain
    Posts
    14,260
    Like
    2,770
    Liked 6,750 Times in 3,568 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    No. where have I said that?

    I said losing two cars wouldn't make it impossible for them to continue.
    Pedant. You just want an argument (again).
    T16 is the only member on my Ignore list.

  8. #648
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2018
    Posts
    1,001
    Like
    378
    Liked 596 Times in 316 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    Pedant. You just want an argument (again).
    No, I just don't understand statements like 'it will be impossible for them to continue' when we are talking about the cost of two cars. It's a forum Eddie, so debating something is fair enough.
    Fact - M.Sport would be able to continue if they lost two cars.

  9. #649
    Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2019
    Posts
    85
    Like
    14
    Liked 67 Times in 30 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by T16 View Post
    No, I just don't understand statements like 'it will be impossible for them to continue' when we are talking about the cost of two cars. It's a forum Eddie, so debating something is fair enough.
    Fact - M.Sport would be able to continue if they lost two cars.
    Fact? same logic: how can you tell?

    no one here can be sure of this or that way. let's bring out some reasoning. in general, probably they would end the season, but maybe stop there? (as for many years now they are late on confirming their seasons.)
    This year particularly, Millener said lots of time they are too tight on schedule. they ll do service on the road between rallies. are we sure they would rebuild a new one (or two?). they couldn't bring a spare part for lappi private race test...

  10. #650
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    1,541
    Like
    5
    Liked 928 Times in 502 Posts
    That spare part was needed instantly, i wouldn`t take this as an example. They also have some Fiestas sitting in the garage...

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •