Page 67 of 71 FirstFirst ... 17576566676869 ... LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Augury View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii
    Mads Østberg
    @MadsOstberg
    "A good weekend. We've been where we want to be. We have to remember that we've been first R5 all weekend

First R5 as in road order.
    always searching for an excuse,when he is slower.

2. Likes: PLuto (6th September 2020),RS (7th September 2020),steve.mandzij (6th September 2020)
    Liked 1,456 Times in 832 Posts
    IMHO, I think we had a great weekend all in all, yes I too wish it was at least 70 kms longer with Friday having proper stages, and yes I still don't see why we didn't have this rally back in August...and yes I know Hyundai said they weren't ready (and I'm guessing we might've seen a different result) and yes I'd love it if we had another team in the WRC but as it now stands, it is what it is.

However, it is up to the FIA & the promoter to make sure the WRC isn't being mistreated, they should've organized a new calendar much sooner (I mean come on, the Olympics in Tokyo got cancelled back in March, who in their right mind thought a rally could take place in November back in July..they should have cancelled it in July...and not wait for the last moment).

When you have a championship like the ERC running before you as the first non-local rallying event, it should turn on a red light... All in all though, back to the rally itself, it was really nice seeing all those battles at the sharp end, and it looks like we're going to have a thrilling last hurrah for this year.
    Last edited by Eli; 6th September 2020 at 16:45.
    Only you know your true potential.
    This year we rally #ForCraig

4. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2020),EstWRC (6th September 2020),Rally Power (6th September 2020),the sniper (6th September 2020)
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts

Liked 3,788 Times in 1,683 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    That root, which was made by WRC cars, "catapulted" them to jump and they went out of road.

7. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2020),dimviii (6th September 2020),Jarek Z (6th September 2020)
    Liked 170 Times in 97 Posts
    * comes out of hibernation *

Well, I think Breen's job prospects just improved. He has always struck me a driver who could come together, given a solid run of a season or two in a decent car. Evans was like that, a couple of years ago.

If my maths is right, Rovanpera was 51.8 seconds behind Ogier after a 1 minute penalty. If he hadn't had that penalty, things could have been very interesting... Maybe some team orders, because Ogier is ahead in the championship. Maybe a fight, which I suspect Rovanpera could have won given his sensational powestage.

Loubet... is not another Rovanpera, but he could maybe turn into another Suuninen (i.e. decent speed and dependability). Hyundaui should keep him in the oven.

This year I found it hard to get into WRC, even before Covid. I am/was a Meeke fan, and I don't really care about the results anymore. The only driver who really caught my imagination lately was Oliver Solberg, because he's doing well and I liked his dad, but this was all very vague and I didn't even see his face until today. Well, he needs to do something about that hair if I'm to become a Solberg fan.

Edit: bravo the organisers for putting a rally on. Seemed like a good set of stages, though maybe the rain flattered it.
    Last edited by Morte66; 6th September 2020 at 17:38.

9. Likes: Rally Hokkaido (7th September 2020)
    Liked 13 Times in 9 Posts
    Rally Estonia 2020 WRC, Crash, Close Call, Moments
    Video:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RTUf95q62dU

11. Likes: Ha3aP (6th September 2020)
    Liked 3,295 Times in 1,734 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PLuto View Post
    That root, which was made by WRC cars, "catapulted" them to jump and they went out of road.
    Not the root, but the rut

Kajto also said that he was in the 2nd position in WRC3 and tried to push to keep this position until the finish line. The next rally for him will be Turkey.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    In WRC3 the favourites must be Oliver Solberg and Huttunen. Kajetanowicz and Pietarinen could also be in the mix.
    Solberg won WRC3 and Huttunen was second. Kajetanowicz was second until the penultimate stage. Your prediction was right. Congratulations!

14. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2020),the sniper (6th September 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tauri_J View Post
    My dark horse pick for WRC3 win would be Egon Kaur.
    Good pick! Kaur finished in the 3rd position, but was driving in the second position for a long time!

16. Likes: AnttiL (6th September 2020)
    Liked 807 Times in 423 Posts
    Egon is the 2nd fastest driver in Estonia. If you guys remember, he is the guy who competed with Breen in WRC academy series. They both had same amount of points, Kaur even had more wins but a driver who had more stage wins with even points won the trophy. That was the point where Kaur's career stalled. His last R5 start was in 2014.

Too bad he had a puncture. Could of been 10th overall.

18. Likes: Augury (7th September 2020),EstWRC (6th September 2020),Hartusvuori (7th September 2020),Rallyper (7th September 2020),tommeke_B (6th September 2020)