Liked 210 Times in 159 Posts

Post Marshall Pruett Podcast - MP 419: Michael Andretti on His Troubled 1993 F1 Season

As we wait for the season to start, here's a good 2018 interview with Michael and Mario Andretti about Michael's "odd" season with McLaren in 1993. With all due respect to Mario, as you listen to his comments, remember that as a father, he's going to see it his boy's way. But still, after listening to this, I can believe that much of what I used to believe was probably McLaren/Ron Dennis propaganda. I also have to give Mario props for saying that it takes two to tango. That man is one class act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNlx5XLfDq4

"Every generation's memory is exactly as long as its own experience." --John Kenneth Galbraith

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Jag_Warrior View Post
    As we wait for the season to start, here's a good 2018 interview with Michael and Mario Andretti about Michael's "odd" season with McLaren in 1993. With all due respect to Mario, as you listen to his comments, remember that as a father, he's going to see it his boy's way. But still, after listening to this, I can believe that much of what I used to believe was probably McLaren/Ron Dennis propaganda. I also have to give Mario props for saying that it takes two to tango. That man is one class act.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNlx5XLfDq4

Interesting interview. The absence of an American pilot in the F1 series is one that has puzzled me for some time now. Rossi was a promise that did not address this issue in recent times. I hope we get to see an American racer in one of the F1 cars in the near future.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare