Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    F e r r a r i doesn´t have to wait for Vettel deal

so order is

1) F e r r a r i

2) M e r c e d e s if their driver goes to F e r r a r i

3) V e t t e l

That´s how I think it is.
    That's right. I was thinking besides Ferrari. If Mercedes do not go for Vettel, then you are absolutely correct. If Ferrari signs Hamilton for instance, then l think it is a no brainer that Mercedes would sign Vettel. The story is different, if Ferrari signs Bottas, then chances are they may promote Russell to partner Hamilton. In which case every other seat would only be dealt with after Vettel has signed somewhere.

Some media types are very quick to write off Vettel, l think there is still fight in the four time world champion. Hence, l would be very surprised if he hung up his helmet when the challenge to catch Hamilton on title wins is still on. Vettels would have to be a beaten man to hang up his Helmet now. I hope there is still some fire in his racing heart to want to carry on in another team. If that is the case, then Vettel would go out and get himself the best available seat out there.

In which case, Mercedes and Mclaren mostly, would have to justify not signing the best driver available at this moment in time.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 13th May 2020 at 23:15.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare