Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Everybody wants to get back to normal .
    We all get that .

But , to think about putting the hundreds of employees of the various teams from various different countries all together in one cramped paddock anywhere is simply nuts .
    At this point , it's nuts .

This is not a drill . This is real life .
    We need a vaccine before we can do this .

Sure , speculating about a date to restart is OK , but the circus is a big group even before the crowd shows up .
    We can't risk it . Not yet .

2. Likes: donKey jote (26th April 2020)
    Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    Everybody wants to get back to normal .
    We all get that .

But , to think about putting the hundreds of employees of the various teams from various different countries all together in one cramped paddock anywhere is simply nuts .
    At this point , it's nuts .

This is not a drill . This is real life .
    We need a vaccine before we can do this .

Sure , speculating about a date to restart is OK , but the circus is a big group even before the crowd shows up .
    We can't risk it . Not yet .
    No we don’t Bagwan. What we need is proper treatment when people get really sick. Most people that die of Coronavirus die of the same thing - Cytokine Storm. The solution to that is and has been readily available for many years. High dosage Vitamin C IV. The virus doesn’t actually kill us it’s our immune systems reaction to it. This guy got the needed treatment and he fully recovered fully

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...navirus-doctor

Plus it’s not necessarily possible to synthesise a vaccine because it’s mutating so quickly.

Don’t be so quick to believe the vaccine narrative. It’s being pushed by big pharma because their YOY business model is failing big time. No vaccine is required.

F1 should restart as soon as possible but sooner than that Doctors need to be allowed to provide proper treatment.

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gm99 View Post
    I live in Austria, but I have not heard anything about May 19. Austria has already started to ease some of the restrictions, like opening smaller shops on April 14, with the rest to follow on May 2. Restaurants and hotels will remain closed at least until mid-May, while any events with spectators remain forbidden until the end of August.

There will be no sudden lifting of the lock-down on a given date, and certainly not on the same date in all of the EU countries, as they have been affected quite differently. Rather, this will be a gradual process bound to happen at a different pace in each of the member states.
    That is the general view on things. The Netherlands have relaxed the lockdown so much such that kids are allowed to go out and play with their friends. In Finland, the lockdown is practically none existent any more but based on common sense of everyone. My sources in the EU parliament are suggesting that there is a cautious gravitation towards a progressive relaxation of the lockdown towards May. But this is depending on there not being any noticeable increases in infections and consequential mortatilities.

If the infection rate is under control over the period leading up to mid-May, chances are that most EU countries would stop the lockdown.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th April 2020 at 20:24.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post

Plus it’s not necessarily possible to synthesise a vaccine because it’s mutating so quickly.
    That is the scary thing about this bug.l Its mutation rate is unexpected and the current medical solutions are struggling to keep up with it. The strains of the virus is likely to mutate into regional cultures at different parts of the globe. You may be right here to say treatment is where the solution lies. I think anything that can be done to arrest the rate of mutation would provide the basis for a vaccine based solution to curb the spread.

By the look of things, it may well take a few years to arrive at a vaccine. The reality is that the world is not going to be on lockdown for that sort of duration. Economies would collapse and a huge global financial crisis would ensue.

Also, most doctors fighting the COVID-19 virus seem to think that the patients are dying from secondary causes such as the practices employed in the intensive care units. Whatever that means, it is bad news to be infected in the first place. The popular argument in the halls of politics is to improve the procedures in the hospitals and test people regularly, mortatlity rate would drop.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 24th April 2020 at 20:27.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 478 Times in 371 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    That is the scary thing about this bug.l Its mutation rate is unexpected and the current medical solutions are struggling to keep up with it. The strains of the virus is likely to mutate into regional cultures at different parts of the globe. You may be right here to say treatment is where the solution lies. I think anything that can be done to arrest the rate of mutation would provide the basis for a vaccine based solution to curb the spread.

By the look of things, it may well take a few years to arrive at a vaccine. The reality is that the world is not going to be on lockdown for that sort of duration. Economies would collapse and a huge global financial crisis would ensue.

Also, most doctors fighting the COVID-19 virus seem to think that the patients are dying from secondary causes such as the practices employed in the intensive care units. Whatever that means, it is bad news to be infected in the first place. The popular argument in the halls of politics is to improve the procedures in the hospitals and test people regularly, mortatlity rate would drop.
    Patients are dying from Ventilatiors. They force oxygen into your lungs and when you have pneumonia that’s just increasing the pressure and destroying a person’s lungs. Ventilators have their use but this automatic overuse is killing people.

Liked 182 Times in 139 Posts
    In a lot of countries epidemiologists are cautiously predicting that May will be the peak of pandemic. If we are going to be optimistic and believe this is true, then June is out of question for mass sports events, maybe July too. So the best we can hope for, is a start of season in France or Austria, with an empty stadium. But it could be worse. In order to salvage the season, FIA should plan a couple of races in December (possibly with no spectators, because Covid is predicted to have a second wave some time in Fall) some place in the south, maybe in Bahrain and/or Australia, completing the season with 12-14 races.

Liked 785 Times in 582 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by The Black Knight View Post
    No we don’t Bagwan. What we need is proper treatment when people get really sick. Most people that die of Coronavirus die of the same thing - Cytokine Storm. The solution to that is and has been readily available for many years. High dosage Vitamin C IV. The virus doesn’t actually kill us it’s our immune systems reaction to it. This guy got the needed treatment and he fully recovered fully

https://www.latimes.com/world-nation...navirus-doctor

Don’t be so quick to believe the vaccine narrative. It’s being pushed by big pharma because their YOY business model is failing big time. No vaccine is required.

F1 should restart as soon as possible but sooner than that Doctors need to be allowed to provide proper treatment.
    We all want it to be over , so a solution , whether it be from big pharma , or an orange grove , is necessary before we can think about restarting the circus .

In the case of the spanish flu , there was a second spike in infection rates far worse than the first , and that is suspected to have been a mutation .
    But , more importantly , there was a relaxing of the restrictions on people's movements .

I couldn't read the article you cited , but I do hope it's true , if what it said was that all we need is high dose vitamin C .

But , I'm an old hippie , holed up here in the woods , with an attitude derived partly from , if I am recalling correctly , Fearless Franklin , of Freak Brothers comics .
    "Just because you're paranoid , doesn't mean they're not out to get you ", has me thinking that an "orange juice fix" sounds a bit too simple .

Look , I'm the first one to imagine that big pharma has a big stake in this , but given that Chinese hackers have been working hard at getting into US research hospital data banks , it suggests that any information , whether it be treatment or vaccine , is hot right now .
    It also suggests , though , that there is a lot of misinformation out there .

What we do know is that it is deadly , and that people of all ages are at risk .
    A few years ago , I had pneumonia , and then empyema , when the fluid in my lung emptied into the area around it through a tear caused by a rough cough . It's no fun when you can't breathe .
    I was due for a ventilator , but within a couple of hours of arriving at the hospital , had two tubes inserted in my back venting the fluid , so I didn't need it in the end .
    The ventilator is a last ditch effort . They're not using them to kill people .

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    That is the scary thing about this bug.l Its mutation rate is unexpected and the current medical solutions are struggling to keep up with it
    Eh? Sources?
    https://www.businessinsider.com/coro...20-4?r=DE&IR=T
    United in diversity !!!

Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    Wow that is great news. Well, the pharma front is still at loss for a drug that can cope with these mutations. Currently, cocktails of drugs are being used to combat the virus. Even so, it is patient history dependent. That said, with these sort of works, a solution may be forthcoming in a shorter time than usual, l hope.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 177 Times in 122 Posts
    Currently, drugs are being trialled against the virus or it’s effects and as far as I know nobody is worried about any mutations at the moment. Several different types of vaccine are also already being trialled, after having been developed in record time - fortunately there have been massive advances since the likes of SARS-1 and MERS.
    What takes time is proving they work in proper trials as opposed to in a Petri dish, an animal or in anecdotal cases in selected patients... things like working out doses and effects, making sure any side effects are tolerable, and mass production.
    It will be a much shorter time than usual, but it will still be more than just a few months.
    The Octoberfest has already been officially cancelled here ;-)
    United in diversity !!!