Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    I'm not a doctor , but I play one on TV .
    Powerful propaganda at play .

Liked 789 Times in 651 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    I'm not a doctor , but I play one on TV .
    Powerful propaganda at play .
    I agree, both ways tho.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 667 Times in 465 Posts
    I think the world is a bit stir crazy, and we all want all this mess to end sooner rather than later. Most of us want to get back to work, social events, sports, and Formula 1. But we are walking on a slippery slope here, and I'm not sure what is going to become of the F1 season that remains, if in fact it does even take place. I'm not going to even pretend to think that we know all we really need to know to make getting the season rolling soon happen. All we can do is hope that the driving forces behind the ideas have a safe way to make it happen when the time comes. We've all been more restricted and want to have some fun, but it can't be at the expense of those the most vulnerable. Am I bummed that any local music and food events are off the table? Sure. Am I even more bummed that the music festival I was going to attend with my daughter next month has been cancelled? You bet. Heck it's mothers day in the US and I can't even take my wife out for a nice meal. Finding good fresh seafood to go is a pain in the butt, but that is where I'm at right now.

But I also have an older cousin who is hoping her husband makes it off the ventilator and survives this thing. And huge numbers of others are in the same situation, and over a quarter of a million are dealing with the grief of a loss already. Yeah, I want my F1. But not at the risk of rolling the dice on if it might cost someone their life or health. If we screw it up, any of us, that might be something we'd have to live with for the rest of our lives.

As for all the theories, conspiracy or otherwise, this thing is more complex than a simple solution. If the solution was simple the trend of prevention/treatments would have long ago showed up in the data. Many of the world experts on these things disagree on many of the ideas, not at all for lack of effort.

So my contribution is just donating some computer power to https://foldingathome.org/
    It's currently by far the worlds most powerful computer, working hard to feed data points to the experts that might figure this thing out. They have been through some growing pains in the process, but many volunteers on both the small and large corporate level have stepped up. Among other things, they are researching just about every approved drug that might help in the treatment of COVID-19.

Stay safe out there, motorsports fans. Do the right thing and keep others safe as well. Maybe all this extended boredom, restriction, adaptation, economy wrenching, uncertainty, and everything else involved will put us in our place a little bit. And hopefully when we sort it out, we will all appreciate our simple freedoms we have all taken for granted day to day in normal life.

4. Likes: donKey jote (10th May 2020)
    Liked 788 Times in 585 Posts
    Shifter , I hope your cousin comes out of it OK .

I agree with every word .

I am reading that F1 is announcing the first races to be held this year .
    I'm hoping they've got this right .

It is begining to look like a July start may not happen after all. We are not hearing the usual chatter about a formal agreement with governments.
    William Shakespeare

OK, the F1 Management has committed to eight races, which is the minimum required for a competitive season. The announcement starts wit two double headers at Austria and Silverstone in the UK. And then course its way through Hungary, Spain, Belgium and Italy, with more to fiollow in due course.

It is visor down from the 5th of July. LET THE SHOW BEGIN!!!
    William Shakespeare

8. Likes: Tazio (2nd June 2020)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    I live in Austria, but I have not heard anything about May 19. Austria has already started to ease some of the restrictions, like opening smaller shops on April 14, with the rest to follow on May 2. Restaurants and hotels will remain closed at least until mid-May, while any events with spectators remain forbidden until the end of August. mobdro apk

Regards,
    tubemate apk
    Last edited by lukemart; 13th June 2020 at 11:00.

What is happening after the first eight races? There are new suggestions that F1 might do a double header in Sochi - Russia, then head to Shanghai, then back toi Europe to tracks like Magello [italy] for Ferrari's 1000 races celebration, then Hockenhiem. Thereafter, heading out to the middle East for the Bahrain and Abu Dhabi grandprixs.

If that happens, that would give us a 15 races season all in closed doors of course. As expected, F1 is avoiding street circuits where crowd control might pose a problem.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    What is happening after the first eight races? There are new suggestions that F1 might do a double header in Sochi - Russia, then head to Shanghai, then back toi Europe to tracks like Magello [italy] for Ferrari's 1000 races celebration, then Hockenhiem. Thereafter, heading out to the middle East for the Bahrain and Abu Dhabi grandprixs.

If that happens, that would give us a 15 races season all in closed doors of course. As expected, F1 is avoiding street circuits where crowd control might pose a problem.
    Where did you read that those races after first 8 are also "closed doors" ?
    September, October, November also closed doors, why ???
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Where did you read that those races after first 8 are also "closed doors" ?
    September, October, November also closed doors, why ???
    Because the F1 management may only be able to get government approval to race in their countries, based on the concept of the F1 COVID-19 BUBBLE. What the bubble means is that only F1 teams, FIA and F1 management staff [and television crew plus a select number of media journalists] that has been previously tested for COVID -19 and found to be COViD free [uninfected] can enter the Grandprix arena.

Unfortunately, the general public would not be allowed to enter the bubble. Well, l say that for the moment. It may change by the time we get to the end of the first eight races.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 11th June 2020 at 00:11.
    William Shakespeare

13. Likes: pantealex (11th June 2020)