Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Liked 793 Times in 587 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Nitrodaze View Post
    This is not about holding China as a scapegoat. It is about understanding the truth of the origin and nature of the virus. And the chinese connection to the virus is circumstantial but a fact that does not amount to making China a scapegoat. Besides, the chinese themselves are making black people in their country a scapegoat of this outbreak. Kicking them out of Hotels, rented apartments and refusing to serve them in McDonalds of all places.

When Ebola was found in Africa, everyone was comfortable with the scapegoating of the Africans. So l beg to differ. We must highlight the facts and take necessary precautions taking into considerations the facts.

Another example, there is another coronavirus called MERS, which stands for Middle Eastern Resperatory Syndrome. Everyone is comfortable with that label and it is stated as such in various literature. The Spanish Flu is another instance. I see no reason why the SARS COV should not be called CARS-COV or Chinese Acute Respitory Syndrome. Because it is and it is the fact.
    I was writing about a guy with orange hair when I said "some folks" .
    He's using the Chinese as a scapegoat .

I don't remember Africans being blamed for Ebola .

Middle Eastern is not country specific , and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely , so neither are examples that are applicable here .

"Co" , for corona , and V , for virus is the descriptive , and "19" refers to the year found .
    Specific place names are being used for specific strains only .

By the way , I read that article that you posted and was also confused because it seemed to prove donKey's point , not yours .

Liked 180 Times in 140 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Bagwan View Post
    and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely
    And most likely from a different area, as Spain is one of the countries where it's not believed to have originated, with British army camps in France, the Habsburg empire, China or even the US deemed to have been the source.
    Oct. 31, 1999 - one of the blackest days in motorsports.

Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    I was writing about a guy with orange hair when I said "some folks" .
    He's using the Chinese as a scapegoat .

Middle Eastern is not country specific , and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely , so neither are examples that are applicable here .

"Co" , for corona , and V , for virus is the descriptive , and "19" refers to the year found .
    Specific place names are being used for specific strains only .

By the way , I read that article that you posted and was also confused because it seemed to prove donKey's point , not yours .
    Really!
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 1st May 2020 at 00:31.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare

Liked 645 Times in 510 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by donKey jote View Post
    Looks more like Billy’s missus... how is she by the way?
    May the forza be with you

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    As much as I’d like to see it return, no it’s a bit early IMO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

henners , nice to see you .
    How's isolation treating you and yours ?

Liked 192 Times in 142 Posts
    henners , nice to see you .
    How's isolation treating you and yours ?
    Hey Bagwan, I’m good thanks and you? Isolation is pretty dull isn’t it but busy working and playing teacher lol.

8. Likes: donKey jote (4th May 2020)
    Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
    The logistics of organizing a f1 season at this time make it very difficult. It's better to write this season off
    Kimi :beer: Motorcycle racing :up:
    Look How Bad you Are :cheese:

Quote Originally Posted by henners88 View Post
    Hey Bagwan, I’m good thanks and you? Isolation is pretty dull isn’t it but busy working and playing teacher lol.

We're staying busy planting a killer garden this year .
    The asparagus is just poking through now here . A week or so until we taste it .
    Peas in .
    Beans in .
    Spuds in .
    Salad mix in .
    Kohlrabi in .

Coming soon.................more .

Lockdown in paradise , my friend .
    Sorry for bragging .

11. Likes: donKey jote (4th May 2020),henners88 (6th May 2020)
    Liked 790 Times in 652 Posts
    That is because you are not African. You casually went about your life without bother or hinderance. But Afiricans on flights into western nations at the time, had a totally different experience.

Middle Eastern is not country specific , and the Spanish flu was from a different era entirely , so neither are examples that are applicable here.
    My point is that it labels a desease after identifiable section of human population. Middle Eastern might be a region, but the stigma of the name of the virus extends to any nation in the Middle East.
    Yes, the Spanish flu was from a different era. But it is an example of how typically the medical industry stigmatizes an entire people by naming a desease after them. The Spanish flu has a very dark history, as it was responsible for wiping out the Aztec Nation during the first European contact with Aztec natives.

Specific place names are being used for specific strains only ..
    There are two parts to the pandemic, the virus and the consequential illness. The current Illness is codenamed COVID-19, the virus actually responsible for it, is called SAR-CoV2. SAR-CoV stands for Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome Coronavirus. Hence the need for artificial respirators to assist COVID-19 patients in the latter stages of the infection. Make no mistake, this bug is really bad.

The article in question is highly speculative and it does not have any research or lab trials behind it. Hence at the tail end of the article, the doctors stated that any vaccine found for the SAR-Cov2 virus is likely to be effective for three years [mainly due to the mutation of the virus]. And thereafter, the infected is likely to contract the desease easily. They suggested herd immunity as a way of curbing the spread of the desease, but did not provide any real data to suggest that this would be successfull.

A research based proof for the herd immunity approach is particularly important as the process of herd immunization is likely to wipe out a vast majority of living elderly people over 60 years of age. The same is likely for a vast population of people with compromised immune system; either due to being under treatment for other deseases or outpatients for any immune system depreciating illness.

So we should not take article such as these at face value because their real consequences in terms of human mortaliity can be quite significant [to plague proportions actually]. I suppose they implicitly mean "survival of the fittest", but the fittest can also be taken by this bug also.
    Last edited by Nitrodaze; 4th May 2020 at 09:10.
    Better a witty fool than a foolish wit.
    William Shakespeare