Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    https://www.motorsportuk.org/motorsp...from-4th-july/

Re-start 4th July - no details about rallying though...

Liked 1,243 Times in 675 Posts
    Listening to the Dirtfish podcast, and David Evans was furious with MUK's guidance in regards to rallying's return, or not as it turns out.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    Listening to the Dirtfish podcast, and David Evans was furious with MUK's guidance in regards to rallying's return, or not as it turns out.
    Yeah, MSUK then backtracked and said it was 'just to stimulate conversation' !

Last edited by Fast Eddie WRC; 9th July 2020 at 15:55.

Good news, a shame most events have gone this year. But I saw the Nicky Grist (Quinton) Stages is going ahead late November; and the BTRDA is hoping to compete the championship.

Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    although spectators will unfortunately not be permitted, work is afoot to deliver the best of the action to the public.
    I'm intrigued to see what this'll mean. To me, one of the critical things going forward with British rallying is how it's going to reach the public. This has to be the point at which internet coverage of National events (all we've got left...) finally comes to the fore.

Watching the Mediasport.cz/videonovinky coverage of Czech events shows the quality of coverage that can be achieved with modest means. Okay, many of our National rallies are now too short to tell any kind of narrative story of an 'event', but at least coverage like that is a model that facilitates it.

8. Likes: AndyRAC (15th July 2020)
    This will annoy the purists but having events with no spectators, either at the event or online watching is almost pointless.......

10. Likes: the sniper (15th July 2020)
    Liked 1,521 Times in 654 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal the 2nd View Post
    The spin they seem to be giving it elsewhere is that its to be filmed to produce a number of videos to act as training guides for rallying in the CV-19 era. Will be interesting to see if any of these will involve how to deal with spectators as know some in the sport would love it if all rallying was held behind "closed doors"

Think it was a bit of a feck up to publicise this on social media platforms as was bound to attract attention from fans starved of the live experience
    If there's no decent coverage of it online, it makes no sense. Though as we know, the sport in this country does seem to be oddly comfortable with the idea of nobody watching it. It's been such a receipt for success... Though I've seen the argument online that there shouldn't be online live coverage as it only encourages people to turn up. I don't buy into that at all!

I think the only 'progress' we'll actually see in the sport in this country is a re-emboldening of the anti-spectator types who'll take great satisfaction from approaching people to quote Covid laws in the middle of an empty forest.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (15th July 2020)
    "...work is afoot to deliver the best of the action to the public".

Well if they are filming it for training and example purposes I expect there to be good professional coverage online.

And the fact that it is held in Greystoke, M-Sport's private testing forest, they should be well used to policing the area from prying eyes..
    #M-SPORTER