Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
    Liked 233 Times in 115 Posts
    Just finished watching today's episode of Amazon's new series Star Trek, fittingly Captain Picard's words were "Fear is the great destroyer".

2. Likes: Franky (13th March 2020),Rally Power (13th March 2020)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post
    judging by the number of deaths its just hysteria.

here in belgium we have 3 dead people, 3 already sick seniors of 73, 86 and 90 years old.
    and for that they nearly shut the whole country down.

the average weekend traffic causes more casualties than that.
    Three weeks ago Italy had 5 (five!) confirmed infected people. Now they have over 1000 dead and the number is close to 200 per day. The whole medical system collapsed and the country is totally paralysed. You'd better take it seriously or you end with the same disaster. Temporarily giving up part of our comfort and entertainment is the least we can do.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

4. Likes: Allez Andruet (13th March 2020),AMSS (13th March 2020),AnttiL (13th March 2020),Augury (13th March 2020),cali (13th March 2020),dimviii (13th March 2020),donKey jote (13th March 2020),Katvala (13th March 2020),KiwiWRCfan (13th March 2020),MartijnS (13th March 2020),pantealex (13th March 2020),Sulland (13th March 2020),the sniper (13th March 2020),timlord22 (13th March 2020),tr4m (13th March 2020)
    Liked 1,779 Times in 421 Posts
    Just a comparision. Two years ago we had seasonal swine flu in Estonia. Over 1000 people were put in hospital and 94 of them died, most of them old people. Reading the descriptions how young people survived the flu is horrific compared to what is happening with 90% cases of current virus. So, when you calculate that here we have only 1.3 milion people. 94 died back then. in Italy, there are approximately 60 mln, that is ca 45 times more, if we multiply 45*94=4230. I would say, we have seen something similar.
    According to the mathematical models, number of new infected people in Italy should stabilize in next few days and start to decrease in about week time. Lets see how mathematics work out this time.
    Colins Crest = Möldri Mätas

6. Likes: Franky (13th March 2020),Rally Power (13th March 2020),tr4m (13th March 2020)
    Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Statistics show that Russia has only 7 infected...

China is next Russia.

Finland is also next to Russia and we have hundreds cases

So Russia isn´t telling the truth...

Would be much better if all countries were honest...
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

8. Likes: skarderud (13th March 2020)
    Liked 1,090 Times in 488 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Statistics show that Russia has only 7 infected...

China is next Russia.

Finland is also next to Russia and we have hundreds cases

So Russia isn´t telling the truth...

Would be much better if all countries were honest...
    If you don't test on large scale, then there's nothing to report.
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

10. Likes: cali (13th March 2020),Gregor-y (21st March 2020),Katvala (13th March 2020),pantealex (13th March 2020),Rally Hokkaido (13th March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    If you don't test on large scale, then there's nothing to report.
    I think that probably only south Korean numbers show something close to the reality in terms of the ratio between the number of infected and deceased people because the Koreans did hundreds of thousands of tests in whole neighbourhoods. In most of the other countries the real number of infected people is unknown because many, especially the young, have no symptoms at all or very light issues. As a result even with humble reporting we get numbers which are a) incomplete depending on the level of testing and b) show situation from 1-2 weeks back - due to the incubation period. Hence why the measures can not be taken in a reaction process but must be taken precautionally.

To be honest no matter how I dislike the government I wouldn't like to be in their situation because in terms of the public response there is little to win for them now. Either they take drastic measures which limit the freedom of people and if those work the people will say that those weren't needed because nothing so bad actually happened. Or they keep softer approach which may result in a disaster. I don't speak about economical damage - that comes with both scenarios and IMHO isn't irrecoverable.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    My local government workplace just called me. In a worst-case scenario I will be told to work from home, using my own personal computer and my own broadband.

Usually homeworkers have a separate computer and separate secure broadband line connection.

Now if this happens, and happens on a big scale, can you imagine the security implications...
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 1,367 Times in 710 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by flat_right View Post
    There is a web page, where you can follow "live" how is the situation in the world: https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

Quite interesting I must say. We can see how bad the situation is in Italy and also for my surprise in Norway. These two have the highest cases per 1M in Europe. They also say that so far there has been 12 confirmed cases in Mexico and no deaths. Also one graph caught my eye where we can see, that young people mostly survive, if they get the virus.

Attachment 1937
    Most og Norways people that has tested positive to Corona, are people that have been to an alpine skiing holiday ine North Italy or Austria.
    All of these ill or not, are in quaranteen at home right now.
    Until yesterday the helth authorities had full control of all infected, and could trail it back to who where in the different chains in the infection.
    yesterday they got reports of new people infected, that they could not trace back, and then they put this set of limiting factors in place.

The next big outbreak could be in the US, where the "put your head in the sand" policy of their intelligent president could prove to be a disaster!

14. Likes: dimviii (13th March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    My local government workplace just called me. In a worst-case scenario I will be told to work from home, using my own personal computer and my own broadband.

Usually homeworkers have a separate computer and separate secure broadband line connection.

Now if this happens, and happens on a big scale, can you imagine the security implications...
    The home connection is not a big risk IMHO, sure not bigger than hotel one for example (I am on home office now too). But you need to have properly set and secured computer, so in your case the safety risk comes from using your own computer instead of the company one. That is IMHO indeed a big security risk but it was probably evaluated and found acceptable in this situation by your superior.

Liked 96 Times in 44 Posts
    My whole company went to home office from today in Estonia, we got to take our company PC-s with us. Perfect situation to lay back and watch the rally

17. Likes: KKS (15th March 2020),Rally Power (13th March 2020),Rallyper (13th March 2020),the sniper (13th March 2020)