Page 6 of 19 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast
    Liked 11,151 Times in 4,427 Posts
    This is a problem of the liberal society (which is otherwise great thing for living). Here there was a mandatory self quarantine for those coming from Italy (and later from everywhere) but now we know that 46% of those people did go outside to shops, restaurants etc. Some of them started local spread of the virus (including an area of several small towns and villages in Moravia which is now under total lockdown because of that). It's a fact that far majority of cases are related to skiing in Italy and Austria in late February and early March.

Fortunately in our country the government acted fast and strong and what is most important the people took it well. People here are generally very disciplined. If you go outside for some food you meet just a few people, nearly all of them have facemasks (mandatory by the law now) and keep distance from the others. Yesterday I saw even a homeless man searching in some trash bin wearing a facemask. Currently the trend here looks not that bad. The number of confirmed infected people is still rising but it is rising slower than the number of tests. Now it is also possible to track infected people several days back by using GSM data (if the people agree) to find their contacts and better quarantine them. Out of some 1000 detected cases only 11 need ventilators at the moment, 1 critical case needs the artifficial blood circuit (I don't know how it's called in English) and nobody has died, i.e. the virus has been so far kept among the part of population which is strong enough to cope with it alone.

Why I am writing that? Because even if it's still early days and it may get worse in my eyes it already clearly shows that the measures taken by the government work. So don't be angry that you temporarily loose some of your freedom and be disciplined and careful. You don't protect only yourself but mainly the others. The sooner the spread is contained the sooner the life can get back to normal.
    Last edited by Mirek; 22nd March 2020 at 11:44.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

2. Likes: AnttiL (22nd March 2020),dimviii (22nd March 2020),Jarek Z (22nd March 2020),pantealex (22nd March 2020),skarderud (22nd March 2020),tommeke_B (22nd March 2020)
    Liked 591 Times in 314 Posts
    to be fair, is also correct to say that Czech republic government seized for internal use some k mask and ventilators transiting from china to italy...we should stay togheteher in time like this.

Liked 1,131 Times in 605 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pantealex View Post
    Some of you are still not taking this VIRUS as a deadly fact ...

just look those numbers of dead people in Italy or Spain.

Finland has dead one and many more will come, fact.
    https://www.sciencedirect.com/scienc...01971219303285
    Investigating the impact of influenza on excess mortality in all ages in Italy during recent seasons

We estimated excess deaths of 7,027, 20,259, 15,801 and 24,981 attributable to influenza epidemics in the 2013/14, 2014/15, 2015/16 and 2016/17, respectively.
    so from 2013 to 2017 they had on average 17.000 deaths per year in italy due to the flu. 25.000 in the winter of 16-17.

so we're not there yet. we will need a lot more dead people to justify the enormous economic damage of the measures.

Quote Originally Posted by denkimi View Post

so from 2013 to 2017 they had on average 17.000 deaths per year in italy due to the flu. 25.000 in the winter of 16-17.

so we're not there yet. we will need a lot more dead people to justify the enormous economic damage of the measures.
    yep. 25000 on 5,526,216 cases. now, do the math and say again your final line...

Liked 657 Times in 316 Posts

That's spread over many months, and across entire countries. Try getting this many in a small region and over a matter of weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    to be fair, is also correct to say that Czech republic government seized for internal use some k mask and ventilators transiting from china to italy...we should stay togheteher in time like this.
    The case is very weird in fact. We shall not simplify it too much. It's true that the customs and police raided a privately owned warehouse in Lovosice because the company was trying to speculate with material ordered by the ministry of health (they were trying to rise the price multiple times by offering it for sale abroad). Per law the export of medical supplies is prohibited in the case of emergency.

Part of the seized material (around 100000 facemasks and respirators out of roughly 600-700 thousand) was found to be part of humanitarian help from Chinese red cross to Italy. Unfortunately in the hasty situation it was already distributed to Czech hospitals however according to the ministries of foreign and internal afairs the material will be replaced and sent to Italy as soon as possible. Most likely with buses which are going to take Czech citizens stuck in Italy beginning of next week. There were no ventilators there according to the official information.

The big question however is how the humanitarian aid happend to be stored in a private warehouse in Lovosice? To be honest I have no idea but logically it looks like the aid was stolen before and intended for overpriced sale.

Anyway it's an unfortunate situation for sure. Sadly we have also a lot of our supplies blocked elsewhere (in Netherlands and Germany I think).

I see You still insist on your stupidity. OK, be it. Just please try to take care about people around yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    The case is very weird in fact. We shall not simplify it too much. It's true that the customs and police raided a privately owned warehouse in Lovosice because the company was trying to speculate with material ordered by the ministry of health (they were trying to rise the price multiple times by offering it for sale abroad). Per law the export of medical supplies is prohibited in the case of emergency.

Part of the seized material (around 100000 facemasks and respirators out of roughly 600-700 thousand) was found to be part of humanitarian help from Chinese red cross to Italy. Unfortunately in the hasty situation it was already distributed to Czech hospitals however according to the ministries of foreign and internal afairs the material will be replaced and sent to Italy as soon as possible. Most likely with buses which are going to take Czech citizens stuck in Italy beginning of next week. There were no ventilators there according to the official information.

The big question however is how the humanitarian aid happend to be stored in a private warehouse in Lovosice? To be honest I have no idea but logically it looks like the aid was stolen before and intended for overpriced sale.

Anyway it's an unfortunate situation for sure. Sadly we have also a lot of our supplies blocked elsewhere (in Netherlands and Germany I think).
    yes, i read "official statement" as other sources. tbh i don't care why and where this material is. i just hope will help people. i was writing this not to blame anyone -it is pointless- but to show that this is far more than "national business". politic have to drop the national interest and work on global scale.

Quote Originally Posted by wyler View Post
    yes, i read "official statement" as other sources. tbh i don't care why and where this material is. i just hope will help people. i was writing this not to blame anyone -it is pointless- but to show that this is far more than "national business". politic have to drop the national interest and work on global scale.
    Unfortunately the current situation teaches us that when shit hit the fan hard, everyone is in it on his own. Now it's also well visible how stupid it was to move production of everything to China. For what is EU good for when it doesn't even have its own sources of strategic supplies? Medicines can't be produced without Chinese ingredients, protective stuff is produced in China (we have some local production but way too small for the current scale of things), supplies for massive disasters are non-existent and strategic transport ability of European NATO members is close to non-existent as well (when you look on the flightradar you see that the supplies come with private companies or with Chinese and Ukrainean cargo planes).

There is a lot to learn for the future and hopefully the lesson will be learned because a pandemic is not something unpredictable. It's bound to happen from time to time as it did through the entire history of the man kind.

11. Likes: Jarek Z (22nd March 2020),skarderud (22nd March 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Unfortunately the current situation teaches us that when shit hit the fan hard, everyone is in it on his own. .
    doesn't mean is the best option nor we have to stick with it. this situation also showed that people care about each other and want to try to overcome this together. i feel also here people are supportive and trying to help as much as they can.
    anyway, let's talk about rally. I've plenty of depressive sh!t all over social media, it's far enough. : )