Page 49 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3947484950 LastLast
    Liked 13,568 Times in 5,994 Posts

2. Likes: Jarek Z (29th November 2020),Mirek (29th November 2020),pantealex (30th November 2020)
    Liked 2,439 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Lukyanuk didn’t seem delighted with his title but he did seem quite emotional. Perhaps something going on with him we don’t know about.

Didn’t quite seem himself all year tbh, maybe the toll of having to constantly worry about budget and drive with caution in mind when he’s naturally more of a ‘fighter’
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    imho it was that he couldnt drive as he wanted.
    I can understand him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    I agree. I read his comments after the rally when he said he was not happy with his driving today and that Islas Canarias should be Round 1 of ERC.
    I'm afraid that is the only way to go for Lukyanuk. If anybody allows him to be himself and "drive as he wants" he may lose everything again. We saw it in recent years when he lost 3 times to Kajto and once to Ingram. The only titles that he ever won were when somebody was controlling him and/or he had to worry about budget...
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 29th November 2020 at 20:29.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

4. Likes: RS (29th November 2020)
    Liked 2,378 Times in 1,297 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    He said that he didn't want to be in the middle of that war, but he was trying to reach the podium for the Spanish Championship and also, he had the tyres, so he wanted to win a stage in the ERC, so he go for it. He already had tried on the second to last stage, but Mikkelsen won by 1sec, so he tried again in the last one.
    Ahh I see, Mikkelsen's complete lack of pace on 2 wet tires meant that Pernia that wasn't pushing on his 4 slicks wasn't able to beat him.

For a moment there I was a bit confused.

Liked 2,935 Times in 1,337 Posts
    I believe it wasn’t yet told: Pernia kept his result in the rally, as nothing wrong was found on his tyres barcodes.
    https://www.revistascratch.com/s-cer...l-solans-59331

Final classification: https://atodomotor.blob.core.windows...s/FinalFIA.pdf
    Rally addict since 1982

7. Likes: dimviii (29th November 2020),Mirek (29th November 2020)
    Liked 13,568 Times in 5,994 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by mknight View Post
    Ahh I see, Mikkelsen's complete lack of pace on 2 wet tires meant that Pernia that wasn't pushing on his 4 slicks wasn't able to beat him.

For a moment there I was a bit confused.
    Pernia was at Saturday stages 16th,16th,14th,12th,15th,6th,2nd,2nd.
    at Friday was 18th,23th,37th,23th,5th,5th,11th,13th,11th
    it is easy to understand that he was fast when nobody pushed,exactly like Mikkelsen .
    So he is not the driver at this rally to measure Mikkelsens speed.
    Last edited by dimviii; 29th November 2020 at 21:31.

Liked 6,911 Times in 3,666 Posts
    Mikkelsen's tyre choices f***** his chances:

https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/the-t...-monza-warm-up

Liked 1,495 Times in 726 Posts
    Mikkelsen showing what his issues are on this rally. Whenever he doesn't have optimum feeling with the car/ setup/tyres, his times can plummet massively along with his confidence.

This is one of the reasons why he hasn't kicked on like Neuville, Tanak etc. In rallying you will be on the wrong tyres, you will have the wrong setup or the car won't be at it's best at times, but the best drivers make the most of it.

11. Likes: Lead (30th November 2020)
    Liked 2,439 Times in 1,246 Posts
    Andreas Mikkelsen has published the second part of his My Life video from Canarias. He hoped for a good tyre choice...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZhvdbNPtKsc
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

Liked 646 Times in 350 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post
    Mikkelsen showing what his issues are on this rally. Whenever he doesn't have optimum feeling with the car/ setup/tyres, his times can plummet massively along with his confidence.

This is one of the reasons why he hasn't kicked on like Neuville, Tanak etc. In rallying you will be on the wrong tyres, you will have the wrong setup or the car won't be at it's best at times, but the best drivers make the most of it.
    indeed. the ability to go fast when things are not right is what separates the good from the best drivers.
    latvala was just the same.

14. Likes: er88 (1st December 2020)
    Liked 122 Times in 73 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by er88 View Post

Somehow I agree you can point this to his WRC career, but looking back to this exact rally and Mikkelsen's point of view (as also he explained in his video series) - after friday first loop stages, his chances for high result were gone (lost almost 2min) and further bad tyre choices didnt elevate his confidence either, so there was no point of taking any unnecesary risks during the rest of the rally (damaging the car or even crashing out pushing for really nothing). He had absolutely nothing to prove here. We all know he can be fast, this just wasnt his weekend and thats that. The main thing here is - what can you as driver take from this bad experience (or poor decision making tyre choices) and use it in good way to your future starts.

And this time we dont have to wait long... the Monza rally is just around the corner. Lets see what lessons he has learned and how can he will adapt to new circumstances.

EDIT: Tyre choice is really tricky thing when you have conditions like last weekend. In WRC there is a weather crew working for you on that, but when you are on your own with incomplete information, thats different. He went for risk and it didnt work out. That happens.
    Last edited by Lead; 1st December 2020 at 10:07.