Page 47 of 49 FirstFirst ... 374546474849 LastLast
    Liked 16,087 Times in 6,980 Posts
    Bassas and co-driver Alex Coronado were later excluded for using a bag of ice cubes in the engine bay, a violation of Article 2.13 of the Regional Rally sporting regulations which prohibits “the use or receipt by the crew of any manufactured materials (solid or liquid)”.

It is the second time in as many years that the ERC3 Junior finale outcome between Rally Team Spain and Orsák Rally Sport has been decided by rally officials.

The 2019 ERC3 Junior finale on Barum Rally Zlín ended in acrimony, as Jean-Baptiste Franceschi was demoted from first to fourth after the finish with a notional time slower than the rest of the drivers in his class, handing Efrén Llarena victory and the title with it.

Franceschi had suffered a puncture on Kašava, which had been red flagged for a serious accident involving Martin Vlček after Franceschi had already entered the stage.

Given his slower split times from the puncture, Franceschi’s stage time was adjusted upwards by one minute after the finish, giving Llarena victory and costing Franceschi’s Orsák team-mate Ken Torn the ERC3 Junior title.

This time around Torn was the beneficiary.

Having already wrapped up the ERC3 and ERC3 Junior titles before the Canary Islands Rally, Torn added a fourth win to his 2020 tally, moving from second to first with Bassas’ exclusion.

https://dirtfish.com/rally/erc/fourm...c-win-on-foot/

Liked 177 Times in 97 Posts
    Well, to be fair, it was the right call. I had the impression last year that the Spanish Team had benefits for Llarena's title. But last year was kind of strange, except for the ERC Juniors, the Champions were not the fastest guys on the classes

Efren llarena
    @efren_llarena

End of the Canarias rally, without a doubt the worst rally of my life. We went for a dry setup and slick wheels thinking it was going to dry, and clearly we got confused, I lost confidence with the car, and I haven't been able to find it again the whole rally. There are no excuses, it's my fault

Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    That was pretty big crash.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

5. Likes: dimviii (29th November 2020),pantealex (29th November 2020)
    Liked 11,137 Times in 4,419 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bluuford View Post
    He made it to service but was disqualified later as he received outside assistance after last stage (ice cubes bag for cooling the engine down).
    Next time they should avoid doing forbidden actions right in front of Eurosport camera in the live stream.
    Stupid is as stupid does. Forrest Gump

7. Likes: dimviii (29th November 2020),m-ast (29th November 2020),pantealex (29th November 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirek View Post
    Next time they should avoid doing forbidden actions right in front of Eurosport camera in the live stream.
    same i was thinking when i was watching it live.Huge mistake.

10. Likes: Jarek Z (29th November 2020),Mirek (29th November 2020),pantealex (30th November 2020)
    Liked 3,290 Times in 1,732 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RS View Post
    Lukyanuk didn’t seem delighted with his title but he did seem quite emotional. Perhaps something going on with him we don’t know about.

Didn’t quite seem himself all year tbh, maybe the toll of having to constantly worry about budget and drive with caution in mind when he’s naturally more of a ‘fighter’
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    imho it was that he couldnt drive as he wanted.
    I can understand him.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Hokkaido View Post
    I agree. I read his comments after the rally when he said he was not happy with his driving today and that Islas Canarias should be Round 1 of ERC.
    I'm afraid that is the only way to go for Lukyanuk. If anybody allows him to be himself and "drive as he wants" he may lose everything again. We saw it in recent years when he lost 3 times to Kajto and once to Ingram. The only titles that he ever won were when somebody was controlling him and/or he had to worry about budget...
    Last edited by Jarek Z; 29th November 2020 at 20:29.
    http://www.rallymadness.prv.pl - rally photos and movies!

12. Likes: RS (29th November 2020)
    Liked 3,786 Times in 1,977 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingTuga View Post
    He said that he didn't want to be in the middle of that war, but he was trying to reach the podium for the Spanish Championship and also, he had the tyres, so he wanted to win a stage in the ERC, so he go for it. He already had tried on the second to last stage, but Mikkelsen won by 1sec, so he tried again in the last one.
    Ahh I see, Mikkelsen's complete lack of pace on 2 wet tires meant that Pernia that wasn't pushing on his 4 slicks wasn't able to beat him.

For a moment there I was a bit confused.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    I believe it wasn’t yet told: Pernia kept his result in the rally, as nothing wrong was found on his tyres barcodes.
    https://www.revistascratch.com/s-cer...l-solans-59331

Final classification: https://atodomotor.blob.core.windows...s/FinalFIA.pdf
    Rally addict since 1982

15. Likes: dimviii (29th November 2020),Mirek (29th November 2020)