Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011 LastLast
    Liked 1,244 Times in 676 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post

WRC needs to get back into action asap or its profile will be gone and sponsors who have even tighter budgets next season will have moved on.
    I have to say, the WRC hasn't handled the lockdown as well as other series. I did see a comment about 'hibernation'......
    Of all the major global series, the WRC was the only one without an e-Sport WRC event/series featuring the top drivers. There may have been a reasonable reason why it didn't happen. Whether you like it or not, it's a way of giving sponsors/manufacturers some exposure in this time of no 'real life' motorsport.

Is there a better sound than that of Porsche engined Flat-6 ???

2. Likes: EstWRC (4th June 2020),[RMC]Pip (4th June 2020)
    Liked 2,832 Times in 1,606 Posts
    The Solbergs fixed it instead. Worth admiration.
    "Reis vas pät pat kaar vas kut"
    Tommi Mäkinen, back in the years...

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AndyRAC View Post
    I have to say, the WRC hasn't handled the lockdown as well as other series. I did see a comment about 'hibernation'......
    Of all the major global series, the WRC was the only one without an e-Sport WRC event/series featuring the top drivers. There may have been a reasonable reason why it didn't happen. Whether you like it or not, it's a way of giving sponsors/manufacturers some exposure in this time of no 'real life' motorsport.
    Some of the people in the WRC, media included think gaming is for kids. So they've passed on that one, yet are so interested in social media and still get it wrong.
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Some of the people in the WRC, media included think gaming is for kids. So they've passed on that one, yet are so interested in social media and still get it wrong.
    Especially Colin Clark. Another issue has been that the official WRC game isn't near as good as Dirt Rally, which everyone is playing, but I assume that will be fixed soon with Codemasters making the new official game.

Liked 8 Times in 5 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Especially Colin Clark. Another issue has been that the official WRC game isn't near as good as Dirt Rally, which everyone is playing, but I assume that will be fixed soon with Codemasters making the new official game.
    "The first WRC game from Codemasters will arrive in its financial year ending March 2024." by GamesIndustry.biz
    2023 holiday season at the earliest.

Quote Originally Posted by [RMC]Pip View Post
    "The first WRC game from Codemasters will arrive in its financial year ending March 2024." by GamesIndustry.biz
    2023 holiday season at the earliest.
    Well not much help then

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    From what I heard from Tanak the top WRC drivers dont think doing e-sport sim rally is a worthwhile tool anyway

Liked 2,195 Times in 1,078 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    From what I heard from Tanak the top WRC drivers dont think doing e-sport sim rally is a worthwhile tool anyway
    Yep!

Many rally drivers like Kalle R. or Petter S. are playing track games. Kalle has said that rally games doesn´t give anything useful.
    "quattro best 4wd rallycar ever"

10. Likes: the sniper (5th June 2020)
    Not maybe a worthwhile tool for actual rallying, but entertainment for the time being. Imagine having a sim race with all the top drivers, I would for sure watch it. And maybe if everyone had a face camera at home so we could see their reactions and get interviews?

Liked 9,312 Times in 4,938 Posts
    Have the very top F1 guys like Hamilton, Leclerc & Verstappen been sim racing for their fans during lockdown ?