Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 31112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirtfish

Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dimviii View Post
    Adamo lifts the lid on Hyundai’s struggles

The ex-Hyundai boss explains why its no surprise the team is behind its rivals
    https://dirtfish.com/rally/wrc/adamo...ais-struggles/
    Ah, another day, another Adamo 'article'.

What the hell do Turdpish think this crap achieves? What fresh insight does he give us that stage time and previous interviews don't already? Are Colon Clark and David Evans so in love with him that they actually think what he's saying is in some way revelatory or even interesting?

-Hyundai started developing the car later than M-Sport and Toyota? We knew that, he told us that before he... left... them.
    -It's hard to catch up if other teams start before you? Anyone with a functioning brain knows that.
    -Monte was a bad event for Hyundai? No way, really?
    -Thierry's crash in testing delayed Hyundai? You don't say!
    -The Puma looks like a good car? Wow, thanks for that, I don't think anyone else had noticed.

Honestly, it's f*cking embarrassing. Motorsport 'journalism' at its very worst.

2. Likes: AndyRAC (9th March 2022),cali (7th March 2022),Paul Hudson (7th March 2022),steve.mandzij (7th March 2022)
    Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ouvreur View Post
    Ah, another day, another Adamo 'article'.

What the hell do Turdpish think this crap achieves? What fresh insight does he give us that stage time and previous interviews don't already? Are Colon Clark and David Evans so in love with him that they actually think what he's saying is in some way revelatory or even interesting?

-Hyundai started developing the car later than M-Sport and Toyota? We knew that, he told us that before he... left... them.
    -It's hard to catch up if other teams start before you? Anyone with a functioning brain knows that.
    -Monte was a bad event for Hyundai? No way, really?
    -Thierry's crash in testing delayed Hyundai? You don't say!
    -The Puma looks like a good car? Wow, thanks for that, I don't think anyone else had noticed.

Honestly, it's f*cking embarrassing. Motorsport 'journalism' at its very worst.
    To be fair it's more a transcript of the podcast then a fresh article but maybe that doubles your point?

4. Likes: AnttiL (7th March 2022),becher (7th March 2022),Corcaíoch (7th March 2022),lancia037 (7th March 2022),ouvreur (7th March 2022)
    Liked 9,358 Times in 4,972 Posts
    You have to remember that everyone isn't a rally fanatic. Belive it or not, but many people dont follow every detail and story of the WRC. Dirtfish also caters for such people.

Average fans of rallying may just see Hyundai failing with their new car and think it's just a poorly designed or built car and/or the team isn't very professional.

If the reasons for the cars poor results aren't widely publicized then Hyundai's general reputation is getting damaged and they could even pull out.

Liked 660 Times in 319 Posts
    If you look at the numbers of video views, and interactions / likes on social media, I don't think anyone other than the hardcore, fanatical fans are reading Dirtfish....

7. Likes: AndyRAC (9th March 2022)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    If you look at the numbers of video views, and interactions / likes on social media, I don't think anyone other than the hardcore, fanatical fans are reading Dirtfish....
    Still they can't just go and say ''the people on this one forum know this allready so we won't bother with it'' to appease to them. The goal for them is for sure that more people read it than the people who allready know this stuff.

9. Likes: Fast Eddie WRC (8th March 2022)
    Liked 108 Times in 52 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    Because he gave them a lot of money in the past.
    Correct.

And there are some senior job vacancies available right now.

Although you would think the organisations concerned would go nowhere near after his, erm, departure from Hyundai.

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Lancia Stratos View Post
    Correct.

And there are some senior job vacancies available right now.

Although you would think the organisations concerned would go nowhere near after his, erm, departure from Hyundai.
    Any chance you will either shit or get off the pot?

I get that "we can't tell all in public", but by saying something negative must be implied, but never what, about Adamo is also spin by intent, amongst claiming positive Adamo spin is in the Dirtfish relationship and also not forgetting the other threads where Adamo has and will keep coming up. Whatever the secret is isn't useful to most if you don't want to share, or do share it and let us put the issue to bed. I think that's fair given the general expectations asked of Dirtfish.

You're making it sound like there is enough politics that DF would rather be closer to Adamo than current Hyundai, where Adamo has something to sell and needs a clean public image. In the past, was there envelopes of cash being passed behind the podium celebrations? Please!

Whatever happened, which he hasn't felt the need to go into hiding, the guy has independent expertise and DirtFish can use it.

12. Likes: AnttiL (7th March 2022),becher (7th March 2022),er88 (7th March 2022),Fast Eddie WRC (8th March 2022)
    Liked 578 Times in 196 Posts
    Whatever he may or may not have done in his last few months at Hyundai which precipitated his hasty departure, I don't see why the FIA would go within a mile of him. His prickly nature, his obviously gigantic ego, his famous temper... is that offset by his 'insight' or 'expertise'?

If the point of all this helmet polishing is to push him as a frontrunner in the FIA Rally Director race, I'm not seeing anything particularly expert or insightful in anything Turdpish are publishing about him lately, however much Clark and Evans worship him. For all their claims he's 'needed' and the 'service park is worse without him', neither he nor Turdpish are giving many reasons why that might be the case.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (9th March 2022),Paul Hudson (7th March 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    We're giving them too much attention maybe. Some articles are good, many are filler. Clark is a great reporter an average journalst and a crap analyst, Evans is and has always been clickbaity. Their Podcast is weak and usually boils down to people talking over each other or rambling. I stopped listening to them and prefer Absolute Rally podcast instead (sadly Desborough sometimes pops up in that one).

As for Adamo I guess they invited him over for a Podcast and are now milking that with an article as well. I guess he was bored at home and I hope he goes away soon.

16. Likes: AndyRAC (9th March 2022),Corcaíoch (7th March 2022),er88 (7th March 2022),Essaj (7th March 2022),EstWRC (7th March 2022),logic (7th March 2022),Paul Hudson (7th March 2022),SubaruNorway (7th March 2022)
    Liked 2,276 Times in 1,070 Posts
    I personally think Dirtfish have been great for the WRC/ rallying.

I don't read articles on the wrc website. In fact I can't remember the last time I even went on that website, as I don't use WrcAllive anymore because BT sport shows all the stages here in the UK anyway.

Autosport couldn't care less about the WRC, and most of their best journalists/ reporters left for The Race (F1) or Dirtfish (Evans etc).

Rallying is a niche sport. We need folk passionate about it reporting on it, rather than folk getting a trial run at autosport reporting on wrc, before they get moved up to report on their beloved F1.

Evans and Clark chat some utter pish at times, but they are rallying fans at heart. If you don't like Clarks driver ratings (which are his opinion and very often seem "wrong"), don't read it. If you hate any Adamo article or podcast - and he boils your piss - do yourself a favour and don't read or listen. I have noticed recently Clark has been shifted from writing articles, and is more back in his best lane as reporter.

Think about the youngsters getting into rallying and wanting to read content, get daily articles and weekly podcasts etc...., Dirtfish is currently one of the go to places now.

And I have to echo what was said above, these absolute vague comments about Adamo have to stop. Either grow a pair and make a serious comment where everyone can get the drift, or drop it. The main two drivers have had nothing but praise for him, Adamo is out in the media acting like he has nothing to be worried about, and Dirtfish as an organisation wouldn't be "loving" him if everything rumoured is true.

Adamo might have had a harsh style and the world is full of snowflakes thesedays who can't take a telling off, but he was the team principal who won Hyundai their only two championships. He wasn't the disaster some make him out to be..., unless anyone wants to tell us what he supposedly was upto....
    Last edited by er88; 8th March 2022 at 07:55.

18. Likes: becher (7th March 2022),Fast Eddie WRC (8th March 2022),flat_right (8th March 2022),Kaps (8th March 2022),skarderud (17th March 2022),Sulland (31st March 2022)