Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirtfish

Liked 615 Times in 326 Posts
    Guys you crack me up.

At the end of the feared Monday after ENEOS Otago International Classic Rally, it works for them; y'all constantly be consuming, sharing, driving traffic to and chatting about their free articles.

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    I didn't click open a single one of the Otago rally articles. Maybe some of the Rally of Nations ones, the point weighting system for different classes of cars was interesting.

Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    There are too many journos/hacks chasing too few gigs these days and its the same old names that are hanging onto a last slip of work. Problem is its too much like an old boys/girls club so nothing new is being brought to the table. Experience and knowledge of the history of the sport is great in some respects however its does breed a certain amount of complacency. Hats off to Evans and the Scotsman if they can get paid to travel the globe and do their little double act, who wouldnt do the same in their position?

4. Likes: AndyRAC (12th April 2022)
    Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    There are too many journos/hacks chasing too few gigs these days and its the same old names that are hanging onto a last slip of work. Problem is its too much like an old boys/girls club so nothing new is being brought to the table. Experience and knowledge of the history of the sport is great in some respects however its does breed a certain amount of complacency. Hats off to Evans and the Scotsman if they can get paid to travel the globe and do their little double act, who wouldnt do the same in their position?
    Have you noticed that Dirtfish has also younger writers such as Luke Barry and Alasdair Lindsay? Both are doing good job and have also gotten to feature on the podcast.

6. Likes: cali (12th April 2022),KiwiWRCfan (12th April 2022)
    Liked 357 Times in 192 Posts
    Yes but generally its the same old front and centre across all the English speaking platforms especially in the official WRC ranks. Just not a fan of the Scotsman and his collection of Keffiyehs...

8. Likes: AndyRAC (12th April 2022),cali (12th April 2022)
    Liked 404 Times in 213 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal yet again View Post
    Funnily enough both Evans and Clark are proper muppets when it comes to the history of the sport. They can't remember anything properly and they allways end up in the "ohh but Colin....blabla" corner. I admit they are entertaining and sometimes they bring up good points, but quite often you smell the bias and the utter incompetence with technical stuff. George Donaldson and to a lesser extent Lisa O'Sullivan are carrying Dirtfish through their podcast contribution, at least for me.

10. Likes: cali (14th April 2022)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Dirtfish recently posted 3 videos on their youtube channel:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0l8dTJXUVyI
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7j4Ew69lV0Q
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gOfm5V5Lfbc

I like the style, it's a Podcast type format and the lead/moderator is Luke Barry. It reminds me of The Race podcasts which i think are very good. Contrast with Spin the Rally Pod, Dirtfish's own podcast which is sometimes quite low quality from all points of view I think it's a step in the right direction. I gave a like on youtube I hope they do more of this and less of talking about Colin's feet in the podcast...

Liked 193 Times in 113 Posts
    Dirt Fish's "Live Center" is REALLY cool IMO! Hope everybody is taking a look. I dont have a twitter, so this was very fun to me!

13. Likes: seb_sh (21st January 2023)
    Liked 1,835 Times in 710 Posts
    Indeed it seems like they're actually trying lately!

I also like the morning interview videos, it's something that David Evans and Colin Clark are really really good at, maybe the best at. Today Tanak even got out of the car to talk in the frezing cold, then ended the interview with "I would prepare by sitting in the warm car but I had to get out to talk to you", but it ws quite fun and tongue in cheek, pleasant interaction. Only shame is it gets posted while the stages are already running. That kind of content should be live on WRC+.

They also did a good job with the silly season last year, all they said was spot on. I don't hesitate to criticise them but I want to be fair they do good things as well.

15. Likes: cali (21st January 2023),Corcaíoch (21st January 2023),dimviii (21st January 2023),Jewy46 (24th January 2023),Lead (21st January 2023)
    Liked 146 Times in 56 Posts
    Dirtfish have moved up a step in their morning and evening sum-up videos.

Initially, I was very skeptical there would be anything worth viewing, given the dominance of the official broadcast team - WRC+. But Colin Clark and his team have made the production a must-watch lately. They have managed to mix-and-match WRC+ material with their own fan-friendly interviews and analysis; something the official version lacks for obvious reasons.

It's a shame, though, that some competitors, particularly navigators, seem to take a dislike to granting early morning interviews. Can only hope they come to understand how appreciative the dyed-in-the-wool fan is to hear their opinions.

17. Likes: Corcaíoch (24th April 2023),EstWRC (24th April 2023)