Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirtfish

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    There’s no doubt that DirtFish site is a bless to all rally fans around the world, as it’s a joy to have people like Evans or Clark fully dedicated to inform us about this splendid sport, yet sometimes it’s a bit annoying to see DF pushing some matters with very little, or none, interest to Rally, particularly the Extreme E future series.

After all the exaggeration on Formula E coverage from most of the media, affecting the traditional forms of motor racing, is it reasonable to give so much attention to this new entertainment (it’ll hardly be defined as a proper motorsport form), potentially hurting the WRC and other long established off-road series?

Wake up DirtFish; it’s time to stop feeding the enemy.
    Rally addict since 1982

Liked 353 Times in 209 Posts
    Well no... it is categorised as Dirt... meaning a sport that will feature on Dirt. What would be silly if they started reporting on ATV's!

Welcome to the future Rally Power... Electricity is coming!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    There’s no doubt that DirtFish site is a bless to all rally fans around the world, as it’s a joy to have people like Evans or Clark fully dedicated to inform us about this splendid sport, yet sometimes it’s a bit annoying to see DF pushing some matters with very little, or none, interest to Rally
    It's just business. Also, remember that it's an American company and they write about things which are more popular there.

Liked 2,937 Times in 1,338 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GigiGalliNo1 View Post
    Welcome to the future Rally Power... Electricity is coming!
    Despite the green propaganda, the change to electricity is not about saving the planet; it’s about saving the automotive industry and the consuming society. It won’t be easy for any of us to face the consequences of ours unsustainable way of life, but hearing hypocrite politians promising the world salvation if we start buying EV’s or eat tofu instead of beef won’t certainly help.

Unfortunately, this neo-green BS already started in motorsport with Formula E, turning racing into a real scale video game, and apparently it’ll continue through Extreme-E TV reality show, disguised as a cross-country raid. For sure that’s not the future I wish for Rally.
    Rally addict since 1982

5. Likes: Kaps (16th September 2020)
    Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    EV's may not save the planet but they are the future as the auto industry sees it and therefore rally (and it's fans) has to also if we want car Manu's to continue in the sport.

I'm no fan of EV's in terms of driving, but I admit they will be a big help to people in our cities who are dying younger due to air pollution.
    #M-SPORTER

7. Likes: Got Mail (8th October 2021)
    Liked 1,091 Times in 489 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    I'm no fan of EV's in terms of driving, but I admit they will be a big help to people in our cities who are dying younger due to air pollution.
    I thought humans are living longer and longer as the years pass...
    Never stop dreaming because one day it might happen.

Liked 9,343 Times in 4,962 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Franky View Post
    I thought humans are living longer and longer as the years pass...
    To put it correctly, studies state there are 1000's of premature deaths in cities linked to air pollution caused by vehicles.

https://www.newscientist.com/article...-human-health/

Liked 945 Times in 513 Posts
    Well, then we eat it in or drink it in, either way the end result is the same.

Liked 656 Times in 315 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Rally Power View Post
    There’s no doubt that DirtFish site is a bless to all rally fans around the world, as it’s a joy to have people like Evans or Clark fully dedicated to inform us about this splendid sport, yet sometimes it’s a bit annoying to see DF pushing some matters with very little, or none, interest to Rally, particularly the Extreme E future series.

After all the exaggeration on Formula E coverage from most of the media, affecting the traditional forms of motor racing, is it reasonable to give so much attention to this new entertainment (it’ll hardly be defined as a proper motorsport form), potentially hurting the WRC and other long established off-road series?

Wake up DirtFish; it’s time to stop feeding the enemy.
    DF is also very closely aligned to Andrea Adamo (I assume he pays them to attend all these random events they've bee doing) so it is probably a mouthpiece for pushing his agenda.....

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rallyfiend View Post
    DF is also very closely aligned to Andrea Adamo (I assume he pays them to attend all these random events they've bee doing) so it is probably a mouthpiece for pushing his agenda.....
    Not Adamo, but Hyundai Motorsport...

You could guess that for a certain amount of $$$ DirtFish writes about your team/driver/event.

13. Likes: Got Mail (8th October 2021),Hartusvuori (18th September 2020),pantealex (17th September 2020)