Page 4 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Dirtfish

Liked 10,522 Times in 4,616 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    As a general remark, I think Dirtfish have done a prety good job so far. I particularly like the way they incorporate articles from WRC history, Thiry's agonizing 1995 loss in Corsica and Sainz's title loss in 1998 being two recent examples. This is a welcome departure from WRC.com and WRC promotion in general, which over the last few years, has almost totally ignored anything prior to the Loeb era.
    I would say Dirtfish is doing what Autosport used to do, but with an even stronger team and more enthusiasm and focus on rallying, whereas in Autosport it was buried behind MotoGP and F1, at least for me it was impossible to follow them on twitter for instance.

WRC.com hasn't really done any useful journalism in the recent years. Sometimes they have broken news as the first source, but not always. At least they have never had any "long read" articles.

2. Likes: dimviii (28th May 2020),EstWRC (28th May 2020),PLuto (28th May 2020)
    Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by AnttiL View Post
    Where?
    This from yesterday for example https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2...-at-the-wheel/

And I have seen on some other occasions too
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    This from yesterday for example https://www.wrc.com/en/news/season-2...-at-the-wheel/

And I have seen on some other occasions too
    It's just journalism, they're using Dirtfish as a source of information, and it has to be cited. And I'm sure they previously used Autosport articles as a source as well. It happens all the time, it's normal. In case of Tänak, he probably is happy to give first-hand interviews to Dirtfish.

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    It's just journalism, they're using Dirtfish as a source of information, and it has to be cited. And I'm sure they previously used Autosport articles as a source as well. It happens all the time, it's normal. In case of Tänak, he probably is happy to give first-hand interviews to Dirtfish.
    He is sponsored by them.

#M-SPORTER

Liked 9,258 Times in 4,912 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by RAS007 View Post
    As a general remark, I think Dirtfish have done a prety good job so far. I particularly like the way they incorporate articles from WRC history, Thiry's agonizing 1995 loss in Corsica and Sainz's title loss in 1998 being two recent examples. This is a welcome departure from WRC.com and WRC promotion in general, which over the last few years, has almost totally ignored anything prior to the Loeb era.
    If you look back, quite often they (their journos Evans & Clark), are just re-hashing old stuff they did in the past for Autosport.

As an example they did a recent feature and podcast about the late Henry Toivonen. It was near identical to this for Autosport last year...

https://www.autosport.com/wrc/news/1...tragic-mystery
    #M-SPORTER

Liked 12,153 Times in 5,211 Posts
    i mean, wrc.com should be the one who is making the stories first and big headlines but they are basically useless, 2-3 days late always with the news and etc.

Dirtfish has clearly outdone them is what i want to say.
    #8 Ott Tänak - Martin Järveoja #8
    - World Rally Champions 2019 -

8. Likes: dimviii (28th May 2020)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fast Eddie WRC View Post
    He is sponsored by them.

That's what I meant. When he goes to test a car in Estonia, he doesn't tell anyone else except the company who pays him, so they get the story out first.

However, I don't think WRC.com has proper rally journalists working for them, just someone who can rewrite press releases or cite other articles like in this case. It's very rare that WRC.com breaks any news first, unless it's news coming from the WRC promoter maybe

Liked 352 Times in 208 Posts

However, I don't think WRC.com has proper rally journalists working for them, just someone who can rewrite press releases or cite other articles like in this case. It's very rare that WRC.com breaks any news first, unless it's news coming from the WRC promoter maybe
    Evans has been in the sport for very long, he even gets stories up this was on Autosport and now DF before teams even send out a press release. 15 mins before to even a day before!
    GG: "I'm stinky! I needa good shower and nice bowl of pasta!"

Liked 310 Times in 167 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by EstWRC View Post
    i mean, wrc.com should be the one who is making the stories first and big headlines but they are basically useless, 2-3 days late always with the news and etc.
    I'm not sure why you think that wrc.com should be first with anything. It isn't an independant magazine that makes its money by selling its stories it is just the company publicity site for WRC Promoter. All you should expect from it is the output from the WRC Promoter publicity department once the corporate marketing executives have checked it's what they want to see.

12. Likes: AndyRAC (30th May 2020),AnttiL (29th May 2020),BigWorm (20th June 2020),KiwiWRCfan (30th May 2020),Norm75 (30th May 2020),pantealex (31st May 2020),the sniper (30th May 2020)
    Liked 388 Times in 194 Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Boyd View Post
    I'm not sure why you think that wrc.com should be first with anything. It isn't an independant magazine that makes its money by selling its stories it is just the company publicity site for WRC Promoter. All you should expect from it is the output from the WRC Promoter publicity department once the corporate marketing executives have checked it's what they want to see.
    This. WRC.com is for marketing and putting out data and tv content.
    Autosport et al is pure journalism and their jobs are to break news.

Doesn't matter who puts out what content and when, we all get the news we want to read or hear from a number of sources.

14. Likes: AndyRAC (31st May 2020),AnttiL (30th May 2020),pantealex (31st May 2020)